Profile for Mizz F > Reviews

Content by Mizz F

Mizz F (London, England)

Blood Trail: Blood Series Book Two (Victoria Nelson)
Blood Trail: Blood Series Book Two (Victoria Nelson)
by Tanya Huff

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, 27 April 2009
Just as good as the first. Out of Toronto this time and this time add in werewolves and more romance! Well written, good pace, good characters, and another brilliant novel by Huff! I will be reading the third in the series soon!

Blood Price: Blood Series Book One (Victoria Nelson)
Blood Price: Blood Series Book One (Victoria Nelson)
by Tanya Huff

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing start!, 27 April 2009
An amazing start to what looks to be a brilliant series. Comic moments, serious moments and a great plot. Easy to follow, not at all complicated and brilliantly written! This is a must read!

Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Book One of the Jaz Parks Series
Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Book One of the Jaz Parks Series
by Jennifer Rardin

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice....very Nice, 27 April 2009
Enjoyed it! A mixture of spy like novel with a vampire twist!

Jaz is a great lead in this, Val, the vamp is great. Throw in a crazy clairvoyant, an amusing Private Detective and an excited computer dude guy! It was great.

The plot is not too hard to follow, read the product description for the overall synopsis. There are twists, laughs (many many many), a lil horror. Brilliant.

Dead Until Dark: A True Blood Novel: 1 (Sookie Stackhouse series)
Dead Until Dark: A True Blood Novel: 1 (Sookie Stackhouse series)
by Charlaine Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, did not expect this!, 27 April 2009
Again, another recommendation from Amazon and again not bad at all. In fact, it was one of the best vampire reads I've read. It was like a crime novel, from a non-detective point of view - ie find the killer kind of novel. Add in vampires, crazy caravan people, a big dog, an overprotective and sometimes annoying brother and a perky, energetic, funny protagonist, Sookie.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes Vampire Romance and mystery too. Sookie is a great protagonist and Bill is a great vampire! Can't wait to read the next!

Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan 1)
Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan 1)
by Kim Harrison

2.0 out of 5 stars No No No, and another No., 27 April 2009
I admit it started off good but man did it get boring. I don't think this is the book for me. The characters were not...real, I don't mean because they had powers or were vampires or what not but they didn't feel real. I think it dragged on at points, repeated the same idea at other chapters and overall not a book I enjoyed. the 2 stars was for the beginning.

Belkin 17 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Neoprene - Dove/Peony
Belkin 17 Inch Notebook Sleeve - Neoprene - Dove/Peony

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - with a capital P!, 27 April 2009
This was perfect for my mac! It's soft, its easy to carry and definitely worth it!

False Impression
False Impression
by Jeffrey Archer

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good., 27 April 2009
This review is from: False Impression (Paperback)
It was a good read and yes it can get confusing but most good novels do. You have to follow the plot and if you keep up with it, it is a good read.

PS, I Love You
PS, I Love You
by Cecelia Ahern

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 27 April 2009
This review is from: PS, I Love You (Paperback)
It was good. I was looking for a laid back romance and I picked this up after a friend recommended it. It was good, but it could have been better. There were scenes where you wanted to laugh, scenes where you wanted to cry, scenes which were annoying. So it was a combination of everything. It was good. I am glad I read it and would recommend it even if i gave it 3 stars, that was mainly because there were parts I did not like. It's a good read.

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels) (Kate Daniels Novels)
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels) (Kate Daniels Novels)
by Ilona Andrews
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Damn Good, 27 April 2009
This book has been on my recommendations for ages and then one day I just ordered it. And I am very glad I did.

Magic bites is a great story about Kate, trying to find her guardian's killer, along the way she meets many interesting people including Curran, a hot Beast King. I'm not going to give too much away so all I will say is this story has a lot of action.

Andrews has written a brilliant novel, amazing description which sinks you straight into the story. She creates amazing characters.

The only reason I am not giving it a 5 is because, sometimes it does get a little confusing. You have to remember the names you read because they will all be mentioned later on. There are other parts which will confuse the reader but keep going and it will make sense. You might need to go back once or twice to remember which character is which in the beginning but other than that, it is brilliant.

The action starts straight away and there isn't chapters and chapters of waiting around. Oh and there's romance too.

This is a definitely to be read by any fantasy lovers! :D

Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires)
Lord of Misrule (Morganville Vampires)
by Rachel Caine
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 11 Feb. 2009
Ok so other reviewers have said that the book drags on a bit. that's mainly because it's a bit of a filler book, it's setting up the next book where we expect a war. the plot thickens in this book, it's no longer random vampire attacks etc, it's all linked.

With Bishop in town you expect something bad to happen straight away, instead the plot is being developed so hopefully in the next book, the big event/climax/war/whateva takes place.

The ending as usual is a cliffhanger and it is a good one! :D