Profile for Julie Marie Vine > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
I'm Still Standing
I'm Still Standing

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely awesome read, 26 July 2015
I have always been one for reading true stories, my other area of favourite books is self development. This book has both. Double whammy for me. Mel has gone through some truly traumatic times, and for some, after being knocked down so many times, they would not get back up. What an amazingly strong woman and a truly beautiful soul. A thoroughly fantastic read. I have barely been able to put the book down for the last couple of days. Thank you for sharing your story.

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't put it down, 5 July 2014
It one of those books that I think even a skeptic would have trouble putting down. Read in less than one day. It's been a while since that has happened. Definitely worth a read.

Joost and Amor: Behind the headlines
Joost and Amor: Behind the headlines

1.0 out of 5 stars Had I known this book had been written by a celebrity jerno I would never have bought it, 27 Dec. 2013
I like to read true stories and when I saw this book I thought I would be reading an honest account of the life of a rugby legend who is now gravely ill. Instead I read a book about, what I can only describe as a sad little man, Gavin Prinns who can only be described as a sad little groupie. This book was about his life with a bit of name dropping. For the most part it seems either Joost or Amor we're not speaking to him, so how can you believe half of what he wrote when he wasn't at half of the events he has written about. This book is based on gossip and second hand information. Decidedly the worst book I have ever read. If I could send it back and get my money back so the writer would not profit from it I would.

Shannon - Betrayed From Birth
Shannon - Betrayed From Birth

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but true, 13 July 2013
It saddens me to think there are people in this world who bring children into the world only to mistreat them.

A very sad story. I truly hope Shannon is not too scarred by the actions of her mother.

Definitely worth a read.

Pure Evil - How Tracie Andrews murdered my son, decieved the nation and sentenced me to a life of pain and misery

4.0 out of 5 stars The lengths people will go to, 13 July 2013
I was brought up to be respectful and honest. Unfortunately those qualities are lacking these days.

A young mans life taken in his prime, and a young woman shedding crocodile tears all the time having blood on her hands.

Good read.

Escape from Dubai
Escape from Dubai

4.0 out of 5 stars Interest, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Escape from Dubai (Kindle Edition)
I live in Dubai, but you don't always get to see the dark side.

Although this is written from a very bitter mans perspective and some of the facts stated about Dubai are not actually true, it is still a very good read. It keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Goodbye, Dearest Holly: Ten Years On
Goodbye, Dearest Holly: Ten Years On

5.0 out of 5 stars My heart goes out to the family, 13 July 2013
Such a tragic story of a life taken way too soon. Throughout this book I felt I was by the side of Kevin, feeling his pain. Heart wrenching and tragic. But what an amazing family you are to have stuck together throughout this dreadful ordeal.

Definitely worth a read if you are a true story addict like myself.

Justice for Colette: My daughter was murdered - I never gave up hope of her killer being found. He was finally caught after 26 years

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad but true, 13 July 2013
True stories and people are my passion. So I wasn't disappointed when I read this book. A heartbreaking story that spanned decades. I am glad you got the justice you deserved Colette. After reading this book I feel like i know you. RIP

Being the Soham Psychic
Being the Soham Psychic

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinatin, 13 July 2013
The powers of psychics has always intrigued me, so after I read the book by Holly Wells dad where he mentioned Dennis Mckenzie I googled and found the book. An interesting book which lead my to have a reading with Dennis over the phone. Fascinating and humble man. Definitely worth a read if you enjoy this kind of thing.

Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
by Anita Moorjani

5.0 out of 5 stars A whole new perspective, 13 July 2013
I have done a lot of research over the past 5 years into the more spiritual side of life, trying to understand 'the bigger picture'. This book is certainly an eye opener and food for thought. Definitely worth a read.

Page: 1 | 2