Profile for Robert Farrugia > Reviews

Content by Robert Farrugia

Robert Farrugia

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TUXEN Toscana, Slow Roasted Espresso Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)
TUXEN Toscana, Slow Roasted Espresso Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, 8 Nov 2012
An earthy smell is instantly sensed whilst refilling my grinder with these coffee beans, a light fragrance which personally makes me want the coffee even more! However I was disappointed with the crema this coffee produces (especially when compared to the `Espresso Piemonte'). I tried to adjust the grinder setting to see if the crema improved but it was quite futile doing so. I must add that the coffee tasted quite bitter especially after savouring its taste. It's a light bodied coffee and in my opinion, isn't the coffee I would consider for an espresso but for example; a double shot of coffee with some whole milk or even a cappuccino would do this coffee justice. Thus I feel I should recommend it for the two latter drinks. Overall; I'm quite satisfied, and can give this coffee a 4 star rating.

TUXEN Piemonte, Slow Roasted Espresso Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)
TUXEN Piemonte, Slow Roasted Espresso Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Espresso? Yes please!, 8 Nov 2012
This coffee has a very strong smell which is very pleasant especially while being ground. When used in an espresso machine; it produces an excellently thick crema. Its taste is exceptional and the coffee is medium to light bodied, making it very drinkable. If I were to be picky, it leaves a slightly bitter aftertaste which I solved by adjusting my grinder's setting (I set it to a coarser setting). As the name implies; it is best for espresso however it doesn't fail to impress when used for a good old cappuccino!

Tuscany Silver Textured Daisy Stud Earrings
Tuscany Silver Textured Daisy Stud Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 11 Oct 2012
I bought these as a present for my aunt. She was delighted and their quality is exceptional! Their design is really cute and I cannot fault anything about them; so I recommend them wholeheartedly.

TUXEN Sicilian, Slow Roasted Espresso Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)
TUXEN Sicilian, Slow Roasted Espresso Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Espresso Sicilia Review, 10 Oct 2012
This is a really exquisite coffee and as the name suggests it is ideal for an excellent cup of espresso but in my opinion, it's definitely not limited to it. It has a chocolate smell to it and when ground it releases a pleasant aroma which will make you desire coffee more than ever! It has a good body to it which tends to be on the light side and leaves a sweet and nutty aftertaste. I found that using a medium-fine grind is best for this type of coffee as when I used a fine grind, the coffee tasted bitter. All in all this coffee is very versatile as well, as both me and my guests have enjoyed both cappuccinos, lattes and lungos apart from the good old espresso. I can recommend this coffee with ease as it is very `drinkable' and will definitely leave you with a longing for its wonderful smell and taste.

TUXEN Java Makassar, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)
TUXEN Java Makassar, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality coffee!, 29 July 2012
I make my coffee using the De Longhi KG79 burr grinder and a Bodum French Press. This coffee is incredibly good, very aromatic and on the sweet side, especially when comparing it to theTUXEN Guatemala Antigua, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU) which was slightly more acidic. The Java Makassar coffee is excellent, has a good body and makes incredibly tasty cappuccinos. When using the Bodum, I usually let the coffee steep for approximately 3 minutes, then press it down, let it hang for a few seconds and either pour it on the frothed milk (using the aerolatte milk frother) or on just plain milk. I prefer using full fat milk as it froths better than semi-skimmed (because of the extra fat) and because it makes the coffee taste better but I'm not extremely fussy on the milk. This coffee is also perfect with mochaccinos!! All in all I would recommend this coffee with confidence and will absolutely purchase it again. It comes in a 1kg bag with a degassing valve (which helps keep the coffee beans fresh) and is really high quality. Apart from that the seller (fulfilled by Amazon) delivers extremely fast!!

TUXEN Guatemala Antigua, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)
TUXEN Guatemala Antigua, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee, excellent seller!, 21 July 2012
This coffee is of very high quality and its smell and taste are truly amazing. I use a burr grinder and french press to make my coffee and I have to say the coffee these beans produce is excellent. It is strong, aromatic and has a rich flavour to it with a slightly bitter aftertaste. The package with the degassing valve ensures freshness, and the coffee arrived in abut 3 days here in beautiful Malta. I am extremely satisfied, hence the five stars, I now ordered the Java Makassar coffee which I will be reviewing very soon! I reccomend both the product and the seller from whom I will continue ordering!

Thermos Stainless Steel King Hammerton F (discontinued by manufacturer)
Thermos Stainless Steel King Hammerton F (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot lunches for school :), 22 Dec 2011
Recently I started doing Atkins (which is a dream come true) and so decided that I should take then home made soups, broths and stews I make with me to school and boy were my school mates jealous! While everyone was eating boring old bread I was eating a lovely warm beef broth which warmed me in the cold winter storm that we were having. The food flask really kept the food hot (I did as recommended by Thermos and preheated the flask with hot tap water before placing the hot food), it kept it fresh and there was no condensation on the outside. The flask holds a bowl of broth easily and is quite large and the supplied foldaway spoon is the cherry on the cake. I would recommend this to people which love hot and healthy meals on the go (don't forget the flask can also keep cold things cold) and the looks and durability of Thermos.

BiC Cristal Medium 1.0mm Ball Pen Box of 50 - Blue
BiC Cristal Medium 1.0mm Ball Pen Box of 50 - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars These pens really last longer!!, 22 Dec 2011
I knew that BIC made great pens but didn't know they lasted that long. When compared to another popular manufacture (name starts with an 'S') I found that these actually last twice as long. I'm a Pure and Applied Mathematics and Physics student and I write A LOT and these pens have helped in making my money last longer and the ink quality is superb, very sharp and smudges are as rare as ever. I recommend this product if you write a lot and are currently spending a fortune on pens which promise different things such as more comfort; these pens are very comfortable to hold even while constantly writing for a very long time and all the ink is used, very rarely a minute piece of ink is left unused. It is true that sometimes the simplest is the best choice!

Scotch Easy Use Tape - Clear - 4 Rolls - 19 mm x 66 m
Scotch Easy Use Tape - Clear - 4 Rolls - 19 mm x 66 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tape!, 22 Dec 2011
This tape is excellent and at a good price. I used to use the smaller ones but found them to be expensive in the long run. The scotch tape is very durable and well, does its job excellently and four rolls will last quite a long time. I even use it to seal letters and parcels and I never got one complaint from the receiver. Overall great product and great price. Recommend.

Decrescent Mains Home House Plug Charger Lead Mini USB Cable for Creative Zen MP3/4 Players (See Description for Compatible Models)
Offered by Decrescent

5.0 out of 5 stars Say bye to the USB charger :), 22 Dec 2011
I bought this charger for my sister's Zen Mp4 player and she likes it a lot. It isn't the smallest of chargers but does its job well. When compared to the USB charger, it charges the device in a jiffy which is great. Recommend!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5