Profile for Mr. D. R. Radley > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. R. Radley

Mr. D. R. Radley "Vitamin Dean" (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
HSN 4Kg Anabolic Muscle Matrix Banoffee Powder
HSN 4Kg Anabolic Muscle Matrix Banoffee Powder

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tasting shake you'll ever try but it is a mass gainer., 10 Jan. 2016
My gym serves this shake so I've been aware of the product well before my purchase. I've tried banaoffe, strawberry and chocolate flavour.

On my protein shake reviews I look at few different aspects, price per serving, what the product is like to use (taste, mixability etc) and then any other things I think people should be aware of.

First thing I have to say is this is without a doubt the BEST tasting protein shake I've ever tried and that goes for all three flavors and MIXED WITH WATER. If this was a 10/10 in terms of taste then the next best protein shake I've tried would be 6-7/10. This tastes like a tasty milkshake...end of.

Zero irritation to lips or tongue, no bloated sensation or upset stomach straight after drinking and no bland flavor. The difference between this and many other protein powders be them cheap or expensive is staggering.

Now price and value for money break down

4kg for £39.99
1 serving is two scoops of 70g = 1 serving is 140g
1 serving has 34g protein
4kg is 28 servings at £1.43 per serving

Now at £1.43 per serving it is what I'd consider to be expensive, the protein per serving is quite large at 34g so could easily be halved to to one scoop at 17g protein and 71p per serving which is how use it.

Now if you know your protein powder you may have noticed that the serving size at 140g with 34g protein is a bit unusual, that's only a quarter protein where as most protein powders off say 22g protein from a 25g serving. That's because this product is a MASS GAINER.

The other obvious sign that this is a mass gainer is it has 700 calories and 28g of fat per serving! This explains the serving size and possibly the incredible taste.

Knowing this should completely change how you view this product. 700 calories is a lot! Yes there are mass gainers out there that off 1000+ calories but it doesn't change this being a lot. Regular protein powders off between 90-200 calories.

Depending on what your goals are really dictates how you should use, if it all, this product. If you want to 'dirty bulk' and are looking to consume as many calories as possible then get this and enjoy, you have struck gold, if you're looking to lose weight whether it be for general health reasons or you're doing a weight cut then you do not need this. If your goals fall somewhere in between, you want to build muscle and need a calorie surplus but want to stay relatively lean then you can use this but I'd only recommend using 1 or 2 scoops post work out only and get yourself a quality diet whey like phd diet for all other times.

Microsoft Xbox One Play and Charge Kit
Microsoft Xbox One Play and Charge Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars But a daily used cable that's being moved a lot lasting a year is pretty good., 8 Jan. 2016
Cable has plenty of length.....it charges my controller......and my phone.....not really much more you can say about it, it does what it's supposed to and works well. I've had so many problems with none official charge/battery kits so you have to go official.

Only issue I've had is the cable stopped working after about a year, not sure whether it's a my fault or the cables. But a daily used cable that's being moved a lot lasting a year is pretty good.

JollySports Resistance Bands Set 6 Loop Best for Training Men or Women Legs Knee Arms and Low to Heavy Duty Workout and Exercise (Multi Color x 6, 5cm x 61cm)
Offered by Grabbits

2.0 out of 5 stars These aren't the resistance bands you're looking for...., 8 Jan. 2016
If you've seen resistance bands used in youtube videos to help with flexibility and mobility work or and assistance or resistance to various exercises from push up to pull ups to bench press to joint mobility then DO NOT buy these.

I have one resistance band already and was looking for another one of least resistance for some shoulder mobility exercises. I took a gamble on these as they were very cheap compared to other resistance bands and it turned out to be a bad choice.

These bands are much smaller and thinner than the resistance bands that are commonly used. They're about 2 or 3 times too short and very thin. Yes they do all off various resistance and stretch to different lengths but they are just not long enough to be useful.

Maybe there are uses for these bands that I don't know of but if you want a resistance bands for any of the uses I've mentioned then these aren't for you.

Tattoo Goo Renew Lotion - Revive old tattoo's, keep new ones vibrant
Tattoo Goo Renew Lotion - Revive old tattoo's, keep new ones vibrant
Offered by IT KING LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars A quality skin lotion., 21 Dec. 2015
Bought this out of curiosity more than anything. Having a lot of colour tattoos I was curious to see if the product works as advertised.

The texture, smell and colour reminds me of a mid ranged priced quality coconut
lotion.

After using it regularly it does make a difference however I don't think there's anything in this that isn't in a quality skin lotion that specifically helps promote tattoo colour or clarity.

Kenwood 3-in-1 Can Opener with Knife Sharpener and Bottle Opener, 40 W - Chrome
Kenwood 3-in-1 Can Opener with Knife Sharpener and Bottle Opener, 40 W - Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., 21 Dec. 2015
I hate can openers, whether they cost 80p or £8 they will break, they all break.

With this you hold the can in place then push the lever down and the motor does the rest.

It can seem a bit fiddly at first finding the right position for it to work but once you get the hang of it it's easy to use.

It may seem expensive form can opener but having trouble with can openers it's definitely worth the money.

Death of Wcw, The : 10th Anniversary of the Bestselling Classic - Revised and Expanded
by Bryan Alvarez

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and informative., 21 Dec. 2015
Fantastic account of a slice of wrestling history. Hilarious and informative using only facts and stats.

BT Broadband Extender Flex 500 Kit, Pass Through Powerline Adapters - Twin Pack
BT Broadband Extender Flex 500 Kit, Pass Through Powerline Adapters - Twin Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent way to increase internet speeds on console and desktops using WiFi, 21 Dec. 2015
Do exactly what they're supposed to.

My router is on the bottom floor of my house and X-Box and iMac are on the third. I wanted to boost the WiFi signal from my router and my friend recommended me this product.

It's easy to use and makes a considerable difference, really noticeable with online gaming.

The price is also a lot cheaper than in high street retail stores.

Authentic RDX Leather Weight Lifting Nubuck Power Belt Back Support Strap Gym Training Dip -Medium
Offered by B2Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt, great price, 21 Dec. 2015
I was looking for a belt to help with my dead lifts and squats after having used one of my gyms and realising how much they help.

What I was looking for was something very strong and durable and was the same width all way round (you don't want the ones with the wide back and narrow straps).

After using the belt for 3 months all I can I say is it's been great. It feels super strong and really helps with my heavy lifts. The leather is quite stiff at first but will quickly break in.

PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Meal Replacement Powder, Belgian Chocolate, 2kg
PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Meal Replacement Powder, Belgian Chocolate, 2kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, very good price., 24 Nov. 2015
Review for Belgian Chocolate flavour

Three things I look for in protein shakes are price per serving, how does it mix with water and what is it like to consume.

At 39p per scoop this is a very good price range, many other brands such as Maxi and USN usually come in the 70p - £1+ range per scoop (comparing similar protein quantities i.e some USN products claim 40-50g protein per serving but it is actually 2-3 scoops so I take that as a double serving, I'm comparing scoop for scoop prices) so you're getting much more for your money.

Protein powder this cheap is usually of a very low quality, it'll have a bland flavor, be lumpy as it doesn't mix well, cause irritation to your lips, tongue and bloat your stomach.

Positives - This product mixes good with water, no lumps if you mix it well, it has it's own unique taste, many protein powders taste the same but this is more akin to a ready made bottled protein shake admittedly it's not quite on that taste level. Contains glutamine, CLA, L-Carnatine, Flaxseed and green tea so you're getting more than just your protein (google them if you need more info)

Neutral - It contains waxy barley starch which does give the shake a bitty texture, it's not enough that it puts me off but you will notice it on your first few shakes. The labels serving suggestion is to use one scoop with 175ml of water, this not enough I'd recommend AT LEAST 250ml, other wise it's very thick and probably won't leave the side of your shaker.

Negatives - Irritation to lips and tongue can happen but it is considerably milder than cheap protein brands and even some premium brands I've tried. It's not to the level that would ever put me off using this in the future but I have to be honest about my experience and it's the only thing that stops this from being a 5 star product.

Measuring Cylinder (Plastic) 100ml
Measuring Cylinder (Plastic) 100ml
Offered by Angelakerry

5.0 out of 5 stars SCIENCE!, 10 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Measuring Cylinder (Plastic) 100ml
It's a measuring cylinder.... it measures stuff.... it's easy to use.... makes you feel like a scientist when you make cocktails...what else is there to say.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5