Profile for A Senior Citizen > Reviews

Content by A Senior Citizen

A Senior Citizen "Nosquirrels" (North Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
The Arc of the Universe: Episode Three
The Arc of the Universe: Episode Three

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't like buying each chapter separately., 23 Jan. 2015
The star rating doesn't really sum up my thoughts on the story.
I would give the story the full five stars because it is so unusual and kept me enthralled.
I have reduced the stars because I don't like the idea of having to buy each episode (25pages ) one at a time it is so frustrating.
I would have liked to have been able to purchase the full first book in one go now after reading the first three episodes I will wait until the full book is available.

The Arc of the Universe: Episode One
The Arc of the Universe: Episode One

3.0 out of 5 stars Not keen on buying each serial separately., 14 Jan. 2015
The star rating doesn't really sum up my thoughts on the story.

RIFT (The Rift Saga Book 1)
RIFT (The Rift Saga Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The truth will be discovered. "Eventually", 14 Jan. 2015
I enjoyed Andreas Christensen series of the Exodus series very much.
So looked forward to this story with some anticipation.
It started with some confusion about where and when the story was set but within a few pages I didn't care so much about the where and when just needed to find out what happens to the characters.
I like the way each chapter is a update on the individual characters and how they are getting on with their new lives after been selected to serve the Covenant.
I am still confused about the reason for how all this came about, but I am sure all will be revealed in some future book.

It's mainly about a world controlled by Moonpeople who somehow have saved the population from some disaster in the past.
All is not what it seems though and the main characters discover some uncomfortable truths.
What can be done about the truth will be in the next book which as left me somewhat frustrated.
Which of cause means I will be purchasing it as soon as it is available.

Conclusion: Story of a world controlled by not so good benefactors.

AA AAMIXBC2X14PK6 Mixed Alkaline and Lithium Cell Button Battery (Pack of 2)
AA AAMIXBC2X14PK6 Mixed Alkaline and Lithium Cell Button Battery (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine., 14 Jan. 2015
Bought to fit batteries into a couple of items, Crossword Solver, and small travel clock.
Both worked well so value for money.
Not sure if I will be able to find them the next time I need a battery though ?.

Gossip Girl - Large Oilcloth Tote / Business Style Shoulder Bag Polka Dot / Floral (Berry Red)
Offered by Gossip Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a bag!, 14 Jan. 2015
Bought for my Daughter-in-law for Christmas.
She loved it large and seems to be well made.
Not used it myself so no recommendation as to how well it suits me. He,He.

Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell
Vapextech Super Smart nimh Charger 8 cell
Offered by Vapextech

5.0 out of 5 stars A good battery charger., 11 Jan. 2015
Bought because of other reviews and not disappointed at all.
Charges both AA and AAA batteries.
Good indication of the state of the batteries and what charging state they are at.

Toshiba Satellite Professional R50-B 15.6-inch Notebook (Intel Core i5-4210U 1.7 GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Machine, 11 Jan. 2015
Works a treat. Fast and more than capable once i removed the bloat-ware installed.
Installed a SSD as the system drive and also added more Ram.
Only one small criticism, the key board is a but clunky compared with the satellite L350 I had previously.

Comes with Windows 8.1 installed which if you are use to windows 7 comes with some confusion.
Take the time to fiddle with the desktop and if you want you can make it work like Windows 7.

I have been using it since early Dec 2014 and now very happy with the purchase.
Not a gamer so not able to say hoow good or bad it will be for the latest games.

[Optimized For SSD, Support UASP SATA III] Inateck 2.5 Inch USB 3.0 Hard Drive Disk HDD External Enclosure Case with usb 3.0 Cable for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5" SATA HDD and SSD, Tool-free HDD Installation, Compatible With Windows 2000/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorted my problem without hassle., 11 Dec. 2014
Bought this to recover files from my SSD from my Toshiba laptop which failed the other day.
Arrived I installed the SSD into it and plugged in to the USB 3 on my new laptop.
Instant access and at a fast speed.
I have no doubt it will work just as well with any other 2.5" HDD.
Excellent purchase.

EiioX SATA 2nd HDD Drive Caddy for 2.5''/9.5mm Universal CD/DVD-ROM ACER BENQ HP DELL ASUS SATA TO SATA HDD Caddy Tray
Offered by VeeCome(UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits a Toshiba Satellite R50-B-123 Notebook, 11 Dec. 2014
Just received it today.
Now in my new Toshiba Satellite R50-B-123 Laptop with the original hard drive in it.
My SSD drive now running the system tons faster and and by using the Samsung Data Transfer software
received with the Samsung SSD which took around 1-1/2 hours to copy the full data from the original 1000Gb
hard drive onto my 230GB SSD.
I then installed the SSD in the machine and the original HDD in this caddie into the old DVD location.
All done without difficulty and working great.
One word of advise.
Start the machine up once before inserting the original HDD and this caddy into the machine.

FACILLA® Hygrometer Wet Humidity Thermometer Temperature Meter [Kitchen & Home]
FACILLA® Hygrometer Wet Humidity Thermometer Temperature Meter [Kitchen & Home]
Offered by Candy Lighting

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine., 11 Dec. 2014
Purchased to check my Barometer reading which was reading 80% - 90%.
I have no idea how they can make and deliver them so cheap.
Works fine and proved my barometer was not working correctly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19