Profile for Pink > Reviews

Content by Pink

Pink (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Caltrad 50 Large Single Cupcake Muffin Cake Pod Dome Case Holder Carrier - Base of cup: Diameter: 9cm & Top of cup: Diameter: 10.5cm & Height: 8cm

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, 31 May 2013
I'd ordered these cases as I'd ordered beautiful cupcakes for my daughter's birthday party and wanted to present them nicely rather than put them in sandwich bags to be squashed. These cases were terrible, they didn't close and were completely useless - luckily I'd taken a roll of sellotape to the venue and my sister in law and I spent ages putting tape on the cases to close them. A complete and utter waste of money - don't bother buying them or you'll be as frustrated as I was!

Wriggle and Roar: Rhymes to Join in with
Wriggle and Roar: Rhymes to Join in with
by Julia Donaldson

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic fun, 4 Feb. 2013
I bought this book for my 3 1/2 year old daughter and she loves it!

It keeps her enterained for ages and she loves the silly rhymes and we play out some of them as I read them out.

Highly reccomended, kids will get so much enjotment from this book.

The Righteous Men
The Righteous Men
by Sam Bourne

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring and outdated, 4 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Righteous Men (Paperback)
Let me start by saying that I had high hopes for this book when I first started reading it - I shouldn't have bothered.

The book is so slow to get into, the outcome is glaringly obvious and when it does pick up pcae, it's horribly complicated by nonsensical theories, completely absurd.

The Da Vinci Code is a masterpiece in comparison and no, I wasn't a huge fan of that either but it at least had some substance to it.

The book has a very outdated method style of writing and isn't worth the week I spent reading it which is a shame, because I really wanted to like it.

Overall - don't waste your time as you'll be very frustrated by the plot, style of writing, the far fetched ideas and the time you'll invest reading the tripe.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and very well written, 20 Jan. 2013
I must admit, it was the catchy title of this book that made me purchase it and am I glad I did! It is so cleverly written and tied in superbly to historical events that occurred in the centenarian's lifetime. Highly recommended.

The Good Life Santas Helpers Mug in Gift Tin
The Good Life Santas Helpers Mug in Gift Tin

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 9 Jan. 2013
I bought this mug as a secret Santa gift and it was lovely; the detail of
the pictures on the mug and also a small one within the rim of the mug and the pretty tin it came in made it a very special present. I highly reccomend it.

An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington
An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 17 July 2012
This book is hilarious, I've seen the Idiot Abroad series and thought the book may be a boring duplication - not at all. Karl Pilkington's unusual take on the world had me in stitches, there were a few queasy moments such as the part where he inadvertedly ate dog :(

Great read that will make you chuckle!

TENANTS FROM HELL
TENANTS FROM HELL

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT waste your time, 6 July 2012
This review is from: TENANTS FROM HELL (Kindle Edition)
This book is a complete and utter waste of time - it is poorly written, the grammar is appalling and it just doesn't make sense.

I spent one evening reading it and for the first time questioned my resolve of finishing a book once it's started.

Honestly, don't bother and to be honest the 5 star ratings are very suspect as well....

Cupcake
Cupcake

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Cupcake (Kindle Edition)
I had high hopes for he book but it really was cliched, despite a good start it floundered from one stereotype to the next. I really hoped it would get better - it didn't.

Tormented [DVD]
Tormented [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alex Pettyfer

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of time, 24 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Tormented [DVD] (DVD)
This film was a total waste of over an hour of my life - predictable, bring and trying desperately to copy the better American versions.

One thing that got me was that the kids looked so OLD and when I looked it up - they're between 23 and 25! The worst is, the kid that died is 26!

DO NOT waste your time like I did

Citizen Girl
Citizen Girl
by Nicola Kraus

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 22 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Citizen Girl (Paperback)
DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK!
It was a complete and utter waste of time, in a nutshell a twentysometing feminist is sacked from a women's organisation and joins another complany moving from one tyrannical boss to another.Cue awkward moments that conflict with her ideals.
It is so SO boring, the only reason I finshed it was because I've made a vow to myself to finish every book I start.
It is so different from the Nanny Diaries which was excellent reading.
I urge you not to waste any of your life reading this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3