Profile for Rachael Thompson > Reviews

Content by Rachael Thompson

Rachael Thompson (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Shards of Hope: A Psy-Changeling Novel (PSY-CHANGELING SERIES Book 14)
Shards of Hope: A Psy-Changeling Novel (PSY-CHANGELING SERIES Book 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Jun. 2015
As is now expected of Nalini Singh this is a fantastic book. It opens up a new story arch and explains Aiden's story beautifully!

I desperately look forward to (hopefully) many more books and can't wait for the next Archangel instalment!

Tala Three Tier Non-stick Cake Cooling Rack
Tala Three Tier Non-stick Cake Cooling Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy!, 29 Nov. 2014
I love this little gadget. Its so nice to stack all my baking when needed. Some times you simply don't have the room. Used for over 3 months now and wash regularly. No problems!

AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Output in Black
AmazonBasics 2-Port USB Car Charger with 2.1 Amp Output in Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says!, 29 Nov. 2014
Does what it say. Use it for my TomTom and Iphone 5 as needed. No issues. Used for the last 2 months.

Archangel's Shadows: A Guild Hunter Novel (Guild Hunter series Book 7)
Archangel's Shadows: A Guild Hunter Novel (Guild Hunter series Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars It was still an excellent story but lacked some her usual complexity and twists, 29 Nov. 2014
This is the first time I have given Nalini Singh anything less than 5 stars. More frequently I wish there was a 6!
This book seemed more rushed and less complex. It was still an excellent story but lacked some her usual complexity and twists. Perhaps I am getting use to her style but it was all rather predictable. I hope this is not a omen of things to come as I adore her! Her characters remain lovely and I can't wait for her next book after all we can't always love every character the same.

Tallon 3591 Family Organiser Calendar
Tallon 3591 Family Organiser Calendar
Offered by AbbeyShake

3.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose. .. eventually!, 29 Nov. 2014
When I received the correct product it is excellent. There are three columns perfect for Her, Him and Events. As we both work shifts its so handy to have two work columns with shifts or rest days and a third column for the fun stuff.
The note section at the bottom is great for any jobs that need noting down for a later date or sticking up things such as tickets.

As for the company.. make sure you receive what you asked for and be really clear in communication. They did send me the correct product but it was after 2 days of back & forth.

easyblackout blackout blind kit, Size 1, WHITE (also available in cream)
easyblackout blackout blind kit, Size 1, WHITE (also available in cream)
Offered by EasyBlinds

5.0 out of 5 stars Second blind just as good!, 29 Nov. 2014
This product is excellent as a temporary black out blind for renter. I previously bought one for my last house and used it for 18 months. I frequently move and had to buy another as my next bedroom window is bigger. I have been using the new one for 2 months. The blind on correctly, curtains pulled and a towel at the bottom of the door make my bedroom completely black. This is excellent for attempting to sleep after nights.
The previous product removed fairly easily from the last window with a little steam and elbow grease receiving a full deposit back.
It does increase condensation on the window especially when I'm "sealed in". The window can be opened behind the blind (easy if it opens outward otherwise cut it a little big!) and this can be popped into the washing machine if marked. Washed my last one 7 times without issue (even tumbled dried it twice).
It does make the room hot and I have been known to sleep with a fan on in Summer heat but I guess that's all the "fun" of night shifts!

Hope this helped!

Laura Ashley Hand Turned Wooden Table Desk Lamp Drummond Wood Light Base
Laura Ashley Hand Turned Wooden Table Desk Lamp Drummond Wood Light Base

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased, 6 Oct. 2013
I am really happy with this product. It is all wooden and looks much higher quality than I expected. The wire can easily be hidden at the back leaving a smooth finish. The light is turned on and off my a small push button near the bulb. The bayonet cap bulb was easy to find and standard size. Most lamp shades fitted. It is a little larger than I expected but the dimensions provided are correct, I should of measured!
I would buy more, as I really love it, but then all my rooms would be that same!

Silverline 695776 Magnetic Hooks 2-Pack 35mm
Silverline 695776 Magnetic Hooks 2-Pack 35mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Sept. 2013
These sit beautifully on the side of my fridge and easily hold my apron/oven gloves. I have a large thick cotton apron for baking and these hooks hold it up perfectly. Exactly what I wanted. They don't slip or move despite having a metallic frost free fridge near the cooker (condensation can be a problem).
Good product!

2013/14 Academic Year Wall Planner Unmounted 610 x 960 Laminated
2013/14 Academic Year Wall Planner Unmounted 610 x 960 Laminated

4.0 out of 5 stars As described., 25 July 2013
This product arrived promptly and exactly as described. I decided on this one for two main reasons
1. Size. It's slightly bigger than most others I have found and does not have wasted trimmings/borders taking up room
2. Great price.
3. It's a different colour to my last 7.

I have been buying academic wall planners for 8 years and this is one of the best.

In my opinion..

Pros:
*Large size and boxes.
*Key at the top for symbols you might use (We use them for our shifts e.g circle for day)
*Mistakes/amedments can "sort of" be removed with a little nail polish (as its slightly gloss)
*It came with two pens and stickers but I won't be using them

Cons:
*My fineliners don't dry very easily so I'm using my sharpie felt tips
*Bank Holidays (UK only) take up half the box (a little annoying for writing in those boxes)

Overall it's a good product and I will look to get it again next year. It was a little tough to get out its wrapping (very tightly wrapped in a massive black plastic bag) and needed rolling the opposite way so it would lie flat. Pretty normal for planners.

However, I have deducted the star simply for taking up half a box/day with holidays.

Montagne Jeunesse Face Food Feasts 10 Masque Sachets - 5 x Packs of 2
Montagne Jeunesse Face Food Feasts 10 Masque Sachets - 5 x Packs of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality and Value for money., 1 July 2013
I have just finished using them all and loved each one!

The orange peel smells amazing. They all work really well although the walnut one is just a simple exfoliating rub so could be replaced with any brand product. If you let the masks completely dry, (longer than 15 minuets, they take a good wash to remove but I like that and my face feels wonderful after.

They were such great value for money that I bought them for all my friends as Birthdays/events came around. HOWEVER, I received 20 masques in my orders as I received the pictured double packets twice. My friend recently ordered herself some and only received the pictured double packs providing her with 10 (as advertised).

If you want variation, mix of masques or fancy a girly night in I couldn't recommend better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5