Profile for Pete > Reviews

Pete

Page: 1 | 2
Intervention: Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer
Intervention: Course Corrections for the Athlete and Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary reading for all trainers and athletes, 25 Oct. 2014
This is a really important book that I keep coming back to time and time again. The distilled wisdom of 35 years as a coach in an easily digested and entertaining read.

Mass Made Simple
Mass Made Simple

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Mass Made Simple (Kindle Edition)
Dan John is a genius! I put on 10kg in 6 weeks on this program. Simple, easy to follow, brilliant.

The Text Book of Weightlifting
The Text Book of Weightlifting

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 30 April 2014
There's a lot of ideas here that I had thought were 'cutting edge'. If you're serious about strength, this is a great read.

"Surplus" Designer-Trousers "Airborne Vintage", Size: M, Color: olive
"Surplus" Designer-Trousers "Airborne Vintage", Size: M, Color: olive
Offered by Transatlantic Trading Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with these, 30 April 2014
I need trousers that allow me to do full squats and general mobility/stretching while passing the 'smart casual' dress code at work - these fit the bill perfectly. Very comfortable, quite durable.

Son Of Cheep Thrills
Son Of Cheep Thrills
Offered by The Music Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Son Of Cheep Thrills (Audio CD)
Next day delivery despite a tube strike clogging up London's roads. Great CD... this was one of the gaps in my Zappa collection.

Zappa Picks by Jon Fishman of Phish
Zappa Picks by Jon Fishman of Phish

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 30 April 2014
Delivery was next day even though there was a tube strike clogging up London's roads. Nice selection of Zappa from Jon Fishman.

Basic 042569 Sq.Nut&Bolt Bzp M8X150mm X4
Basic 042569 Sq.Nut&Bolt Bzp M8X150mm X4
Offered by Severn DIY

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, 7 April 2014
Delivery was very quick. In case there are any other strange folk out there who like to bend steel, these are the easiest 8x150 bolts I've ever bought. I'd say about equivalent to an IronMind green nail.

Hard Style Abs
Hard Style Abs

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct ab work is a good idea after all!, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Hard Style Abs (Kindle Edition)
Until very recently, I thought my abs got all they needed from deads, squats, tgu, press etc. A friend recommended this book and I started doing direct ab work. All my lifts have improved and I *feel* stronger and more stable. Pavel never disappoints!

Power to the People Professional: How to Add 100s of Pounds to Your Squat, Bench,and Deadlift with Advanced Russian Techniques

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable resource, 19 Mar. 2014
This is a book I need to grow into but it's an absolute goldmine of information. Pavel is a genius at reverse engineering the skill of strength. I'm not really strong enough for a lot of this yet - standard PTP is still giving me strength gains - but when I plateau, I know this will take me to the next level.

Kettlebell - Simple & Sinister
Kettlebell - Simple & Sinister

5.0 out of 5 stars Pavel does it again!, 13 Dec. 2013
Having read 'Enter the Kettlebell' many times and having spent three awesome days with the Iron Tamer getting my SFG cert, I wondered if this book would really offer anything new. It does, in bucketloads. If you want to become a strong, capable human being, this book is a must.

Page: 1 | 2