Profile for Lindy Lou > Reviews

Content by Lindy Lou

Lindy Lou "Lin" (Walsall, UK)

Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
Mary Berry's Christmas Collection
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable as Ever, 12 Nov 2013
As ever, great, easy to follow recipes, the treacle, spice & ginger traybake is highly recommended! Mary Berry can always be relied upon to produce excellent cookery books, that a beginner or more experienced cook will find invaluable. OK, some of the recipes are repeated from some of her other books but there are plenty of new recipes and tips for a less stressful run up to the Festive period. I would certainly recommend this book.

TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover + Clip-On LED Reading Lamp & Kindle Rear Protector for NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Kindle Case, 31 July 2012
I wanted a case to protect my new Kindle & after looking a number of cases, both online & in shops,I spotted this one. I have to say that I am delighted with the case, it's well made, fits my Kindle perfectly and is much cheaper than a lot of the cases that I looked at.

So I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for an attractive (love the colour), lighweight, value for money case, with the added bonus (for me anyway) that it makes reading the Kindle feel more as though you are reading a 'real' book.

Perfect Baking with Your Halogen Oven: How to Create Tasty Bread, Cupcakes, Bakes, Biscuits and Savouries
by Sarah Flower

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 8 Feb 2011
I ordered this book after buying Sarah Flower's Everday Halogen Cookback, which was exactly what I was looking for as a new halogen oven user. Perfect Baking is equally as good, with very easy to follow instructions for some yummy cakes and a good mixture of recipes for everyday and special cakes etc. I would thoroughly recommend this book to all halogen oven users, the only problem might be from the weight you will gain from eating all of the wonderful cakes!

Apple iPod nano 8GB - Purple - 4th Generation
Apple iPod nano 8GB - Purple - 4th Generation

4.0 out of 5 stars The Purple Pod, 27 July 2009
Our first MP3 player (at ages 55 & 66!) and overall very happy with our latest gadget, easy to load music onto, great to look at and very easy to use. We usually use the shuffle facility and my only criticism is that it's a bit fiddly to switch off, it seems to stick and takes a few attempts to finally go off in this mode.

My One And Only Thrill
My One And Only Thrill

5.0 out of 5 stars Blissful, 6 April 2009
This review is from: My One And Only Thrill (Audio CD)
I've read the other reviews and can only add that this album is a complete joy. Everything about it, from Ms Gardot's superb vocals to the fantastic arrangements and outstanding strings and brass, make it a thing of beauty that I can't stop playing.