Profile for frogs > Reviews

Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor
Garmin Forerunner 410 GPS Sportswatch with Heart Rate Monitor
Offered by YOYOS

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 6 May 2013
Nice piece of kit. Works well and I have no issues with the touch sensitive bezel.
I also use FIT2App to send the data to Runkeeper which works flawlessly.

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker with 3.5mm Jack Compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod/Smartphones/Tablets/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit smaller than I thought, 6 May 2013
It's okay. Nicely made and stuff, but it's not much better than the inbuilt speakers on my laptop. Would be good for a phone and is obviously very portable.

Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling Headset with Microphone - White (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by iHeadphones UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good., 25 Mar. 2013
The difference with the Noise cancelling on/off is minimal at best.
I can't complain too much as they were cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.

Breathe Right Nasal Strips Natural Regular  30
Breathe Right Nasal Strips Natural Regular 30
Offered by Activecare Online

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work. Sticky nose, 25 Mar. 2013
They may work for some people, but I found them irritating. I woke up with an irritated and sticky nose and it didn't stop me snoring.

LEGO Lord of the Rings (PS3)
LEGO Lord of the Rings (PS3)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 25 Mar. 2013
Best Lego game yet (I didn't play it myself, but watched my 7yr old play). Only negative would be he finished in not many hours.

Philips SHP5401/00 Stereo Headphones - Silver and Black
Philips SHP5401/00 Stereo Headphones - Silver and Black

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, unbeatable, 12 Nov. 2011
I usually use a pair of Sennheiser HD595 for headphone duties, but my son plays PS3 sometimes in the living room, or I listen to a bit of music later on, on my laptop. I had a pair of Sennheiser HD485 for backup, but they got destroyed. I wanted a cheap, no-frills replacement, and after much searching on the internet for reviews I was at a loss...so I simply bought the best (yes!) in the supermarket, ignored reviews and took a gamble. And wow. For the money these are supremely comfortable, and more importantly, extremely balanced sonically. No overblown bass which seems to be the norm these days (but no missing bass either). Extremely flat response to my ears. Smooth and listenable.

Emmett & Gentry (An Emmett Love Western Book 3)
Emmett & Gentry (An Emmett Love Western Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars A little dissapointing, 17 Sept. 2011
I've now read everything from John Locke. I love his easy, witty writing style, but one thing has been bothering me, and this book sums it up perfectly...
In a series of books, of course he goes over previously explained details, and to a large extent it hasn't bothered me. But it did with this one. There are only 2 short books before this in the series, so the constant re-explanations become very irritating.
Not to mention the fact that you can see what's coming very early on!

Come on John, give us a longer, more focused book to get our teeth into.

Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Visor Car Kit
Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Visor Car Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit... with unexpected benefits., 2 April 2011
Got this for use with my Desire HD in the car... Works great. Transmits FM at a decent quality too. Battery seems to last a good while. Listen to my phones music via phone or Spotify in the car.

But I recently was on the lookout for some bluetooth or wireless speakers for the kitchen...don't need any...I simply use this connected to the laptop and on FM, My Sony Boombox now plays music wherever I want...kitchen, patio...fantastic bonus for me.

Panasonic Lumix TZ8 Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice little camera, 3 Dec. 2010
I already have a DSLR and a Panasonic LX3 as backup, but I wanted a "throw in the pocket" take anywhere camera with decent zoom. I'd already owned a TZ3, so I knew the limitations of such a long zoom on a cheap compact. However I am very pleasantly surprised by the quality of pictures I'm getting. Much better than the TZ3. My only gripe is the plastic casing...The old TZ3 was all metal and felt far more sturdy. But I won't knock off any stars for that though, it's a cheap, veratile camera that does exactly what I wanted. I also ordered a non-panasonic battery on ebay, which works just fine as a backup, so the worry about Panasonics sneaky chipping of batteries is a non-issue.

Battlestar Galactica - Series 1-4 [DVD]
Battlestar Galactica - Series 1-4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Edward James Olmos

1.0 out of 5 stars woooah!, 23 Oct. 2008
Was about to buy, and spotted that 3 stars ? eh... partial 4th series! Everyone reading this ought to add a 1 star review... it saved me from a stupid purchase!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3