Profile for Paul > Reviews

Content by Paul

Paul (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hahnel Triad 30 Lite Professional Aluminium Alloy 4-Section Tripod with 360 Quick Release Ball Head and Free Carrying Case
Offered by Inkubus Bargains
Price: 38.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned, 24 Nov 2013
After reading the reviews I thought this would be ideal for me but unfortunately I found it to lightweight for what I needed. That's not to say it was bad just not suitable for me.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - Aqua Gloss Blue
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 - Aqua Gloss Blue
Offered by Unitrade
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 24 Nov 2013
Ok it's not the best colour available but other colours are more expensive.I use it in class instead of the lousy laptop trackpad it makes life a whole lot easier.
It was easy to install (with admin. rights) but works flawlessly on any surface.

World In Your Eyes
World In Your Eyes
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Album is good, don't like being ripped off though, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: World In Your Eyes (MP3 Download)
I purchased this CD and received the Auto-Rip for free. A few weeks after ordering I was informed the CD was no longer available but as I had the Auto-Rip I will be charged 3.49. As I don't think the quality is as good as a CD then it is completely wrong to charge me so much.
I could download this from iTunes for at a much higher quality for about the same amount. NOT HAPPY!

Saying that though, the album is good and gives you a feel of what Journey might have sounded like if they did not met Steve Perry.

Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Offered by Buy 4 Less
Price: 14.70

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with my D5100, 9 Nov 2013
I ordered this but unfortunately it didn't seem to work with my D5100. I don't know why but for some reason I think the one sent to me was not a genuine Nikon product as it felt really cheap. This might not be correct but it was returned for a refund and I will be purchasing a third-party release instead.

Nikon AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
Nikon AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
Price: 419.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing lens and worth the money, 12 Jun 2013
After using the kit lenses with my D5100 I purchased this after reading lots of reviews and it is amazing. I used it to shoot some action shots at the 2013 British speedway GP and cannot believe how good it is compared to last years shots.

I will submit some pics when I can to show how good it is. I was a long distance away from the riders but you wouldn't think that.

If you are looking for a long focal length VR lens buy this!

Belkin 3m DVI to DVI Single Link DVID - Charcoal
Belkin 3m DVI to DVI Single Link DVID - Charcoal
Price: 18.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 28 May 2013
The product is of good quality but the plug is not right angled as shown. The locking screws are also small and fiddly to insert which is unlike my other Belkin cables.

Thankfully, I have now switched to a HDMI monitor so I don't have to put up with out of date cables anymore.

Bling Jewelry Black Silk Cord Chain Necklace 2mm with Silver Clasp
Bling Jewelry Black Silk Cord Chain Necklace 2mm with Silver Clasp
Offered by Bling Jewelry
Price: 7.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 28 May 2013
Broke within hours of wearing it. I was adjusting it on my neck when the cord became detached from the catch.

Very poor quality even for the price. If I could give ZERO stars I would!

Broadchurch [DVD]
Broadchurch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olivia Colman
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Broadchurch [DVD] (DVD)
What a truly amazing drama series. This has to be the standout drama of 2013 with lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing (even though I guessed as to who it really was). Obviously I can't review the DVD and won't spoil any part of the story, but if you missed the broadcast series buy the DVD you will not be disappointed.

On a side note, I think it's about time BluRay versions were released of HD TV programmes rather than the outdated DVD version.

Samsung S23B550VS 23 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 2ms, 2xHDMI/VGA, MHL, Speakers) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor and highly recommended, 11 Mar 2013
My old Samsung monitor (226BW) developed the power supply problem it was well known for and I have been looking for a replacement before it finally went to electronics heaven. I purchased the highly rated Dell 2412M that has the 16:10 aspect ratio that I really wanted but I was disappointed with the anti-glare coating and had to return it.

As 16:10s are rare now I had to make the decision to go with widescreen 16:9 and bought this Samsung (from a high street store as it was cheaper) and I am very impressed. I have been tweaking it for the last few hours (sadly I am geek about that stuff!) and I will probably keep tweaking it until it's perfect.

On a pure white background, at the contrast and brightness settings I prefer, I wouldn't say the backlight is the best in class but this isn't noticeable in everyday use, but the anti glare coating is not distracting (as expected from Samsung) unlike the Dell.

The MagicBrite and MagicAngle features were something I expected to be gimmicky but MagicAngle seems to work OK. One annoying downside is the really annoying menu touch buttons that like other Samsung's don't always realise that they have been pressed. The OSD also needs a makeover but as it will be rarely used I suppose it's forgivable. Edit: I found the MagicTune software that allows you to control MOST (card dependant) settings through software but the reset button in each mode really needs to offer an Are You Sure? option as it resets everything which is annoying.

I cannot comment on the inbuilt speakers as I have a dedicated speaker setup. The stand is also very basic with not even a swivel option which again is irritating but pretty much the norm now.
Overall though for the price I paid (159) it is a highly recommended monitor.

Belkin Waverest Gel Mouse Pad (Blue)
Belkin Waverest Gel Mouse Pad (Blue)
Offered by invise-north-america
Price: 7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 May 2012
Needed a replacement for my old Belkin mat and this was a bargain. The seller(Standish Trading) sent it quickly and it arrived quicker than some Amazon Prime items do.

This is a comfortable mat and keeps your wrist happy, nothing more to say really.

Paul