Profile for Blackcat2 > Reviews

Content by Blackcat2

Blackcat2 (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Kundalini Yoga - to Detox and De-stress - Includes bonus music CD featuring Maya [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maya Fiennes

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Effective, 16 April 2012
I have been practising yoga for about 6 years so there wasn't anything new in this dvd. However, the combination of sequences is very effective. The first time I tried it I really detoxed! The second time I was more careful in what I had to drink before and after. Basically, no alcohol 12 hours before or after. There are no traditional postures but a lot of moving of the spine, breathing techniques and some omms. It is a good addition to my collections as it complements my other routines.

Tabtech A816 now with added Bluetooth - 8" 2.3 Gingerbread - Powerful Android Tablet PC 1.2GHz - Samsung S5PV210 - Compatable with Flash 10.3 - SKYPE free voice calls - BBC iPlayer - Youtube - HDMI output

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Me, 26 Sept. 2011
This is my first tablet and as I had not long bought a new laptop, didn't want to spend too much. I did a lot of research before settling on this one. It arrived in just two days and a query I had was replied to in under 10 mins - very good service. I wanted this to take on holiday and I did just that. It accompanied me around Cambodia and I didn't experience a single issue.

I bought a microsd card 16gb and put some tv programmes, movies, books and music on that. I downloaded Skype and a few free games. All worked perfectly. Wherever I went, I had no problem picking up the free wifi. I like the resistive screen, I know other people prefer capacitative. It is a little heavier than an iPad, I think but it is not as heavy as other tablets that I researched. The battery life isn't phenomenal and web pages take a little time to load. I am only used to a pc so that could be a general tablet thing, I don't know.

All in all, a great purchase.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2012 7:21 PM GMT

iGadgitz Black EVA Hard Case Cover for 2.5" USB Portable External Hard Drives (Case Internal Dimensions: 11.3cm x 8.3cm x 1.8cm)
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 15 Sept. 2011
Fits the hard drive perfectly. Very sturdy and good value for money. The product arrived in good time and was packaged well.

Kiss Me Coupons
Kiss Me Coupons
by Sourcebooks Inc

3.0 out of 5 stars For Couples out of the Habit, 14 July 2010
This review is from: Kiss Me Coupons (Paperback)
I thought these would be fun to give to my boyfriend as we love to kiss but it is clear from the way they are written that they are really intended for couples who have got out of the habit of kissing.

Naughty or Nice Coupons (Coupon Collections)
Naughty or Nice Coupons (Coupon Collections)
by Casablanca

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Everyone, 14 July 2010
I bought these to give to my boyfriend but some coupons are geared towards females and others towards males. Also, some are a bit soppy and would be embarassing to give to him as he is just not that way inclined.

So I took out the ones I thought he wouldn't actually use and left the rest in the cover.

Luckily, they are not too expensive.

The Gingerbread Man [DVD] [1998]
The Gingerbread Man [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 12 Aug. 2008
I agree that the talented cast do seem to be wasted in this film but I feel that having the caliber of people such as Robert Duvall, even in a minor role, certainly added weight to the overall project. The plot kept my attention, although there are some events which seem a little unlikely, all in the name of artistic licence. And the majority of it seems to have been filmed at night, in the rain, which I find difficult to watch but did help with the tension needed. Overall, it is an ok film -
it isn't suspenseful or frightening but worth watching all the same.

In Dreams [DVD]
In Dreams [DVD]
Dvd ~ Annette Bening
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Thriller, 9 Aug. 2008
This review is from: In Dreams [DVD] (DVD)
This is an interesting psychological thriller. It requires some attention to the plot and allowance for a bit of poetic licence with the screenplay. There will be some scenes where you might say "But how could that happen" but if you just go with the flow, it is a very enjoyable film. Not super scary, but thought provoking.

Chances Are [DVD] [1989]
Chances Are [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Cybill Shepherd
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 9 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Chances Are [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
I love this film. It has something for everyone. It is funny and a gentle love story, with a great cast. I would suggest sitting down with the whole family to watch this one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2010 11:27 AM BST

The Shaggy Dog [DVD]
The Shaggy Dog [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Allen
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Just For Kids, 9 Aug. 2008
This review is from: The Shaggy Dog [DVD] (DVD)
I wouldn't recommend this film to anyone under the age of 10. It is a great kids film - younger ones may not get the full plot but still have fun with it. Older ones will find it silly. There are some funny scenarios but as with most American movies, there is a moral. If you can get past that, it is quite entertaining and the acting is fairly good too.

Fur - An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus [DVD]
Fur - An Imaginary Portrait Of Diane Arbus [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicole Kidman
Offered by Helen's Goodies

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Love Story, 23 July 2008
If one forgets that the lead is meant to be a real person and approach this film for what it is, essentially a love story, then one won't be disappointed. I didn't know who Diane Arbus was before seeing the film and it made not a jot of difference. The storyline is not totally unrealistic - a bored housewife stumbling across a new and different world through the medium of a new neighbour and the effects it has on her family. The performances are strong, particularly Robert Downey Jr, who even covered in hair, remains as charismatic as ever.

Page: 1 | 2