Profile for Blackcat2 > Reviews

Less Than Zero [DVD]
Less Than Zero [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrew McCarthy

5.0 out of 5 stars Horribly Realistic, 20 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Less Than Zero [DVD] (DVD)
I only saw this film the other day so watching it out of era context may have been strange but actually, no, it is still very relevant. The excellent acting of RDJ and James Spader made for uncomfortable watching, especially knowing now what was to come for RDJ in his personal life. The relationships between the three main characters was also well portrayed.

Heart And Souls [DVD]
Heart And Souls [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel Good Movie with great cast, 20 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Heart And Souls [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really good film to watch with the family. There is no violence, swearing or inappropriate behaviour. The cast are all excellent and well directed. It is a real heart warmer which will also make you smile. I confess to still getting tears in my eyes during one scene no matter how many times I have seen it. And the way Robert Downey Jr takes on the characters of his ghost friends is superb and very funny. This is a film that I will never tire of watching because there is so much to it.

Geri Halliwell - Body Yoga [DVD] [2002]
Geri Halliwell - Body Yoga [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Geri Halliwell
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Good All Round Routine, 12 May 2008
Katy does the warm up a little fast for my liking. I find myself going at my own pace as I take longer breaths but I like the way she shows an alternative sun salute. It is quite dynamic and you certainly raise your heart rate. It is not for beginners, more intermediate I would say. I like Geri's funny comments such as "Good job no-one can see me!" and "This one's good for wind", which Katy completly ignores. Some postures I find difficult depending upon the time of day, such as the crab but you can always leave bits out. This is quite a long dvd compared with others I have so I don't get to use it as often as I'd like.

Yoga For Weight Loss By Kisen [DVD]
Yoga For Weight Loss By Kisen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kisen
Offered by mike2407

4.0 out of 5 stars For Intermediate Yogis, 12 May 2008
I first watched this dvd and felt that it was too hurried but after practising with it a few times, I found the pace perfect. I really enjoy doing this routine as the poses are quite standard but are also held for a few breaths. I also like Kisen's positive encouragement and safety tips. This dvd is not for beginners really but if you do find it too much at first, don't give up on it as we improve with each practice and it will come eventually.

Leah Bracknell - Yoga And You [DVD]
Leah Bracknell - Yoga And You [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leah Bracknell
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Introduction, 12 May 2008
I have practised yoga for a while and use this dvd when I want to do something which isn't too strenuous. Beginners should appreciate it for this as it is reasonably short and gives a good introduction to what yoga is about. There are a nice variety of poses and stretching and I find that the dvd is a good complement to my other yoga routines.

Page: 1 | 2