ARRAY(0xb3d0ef3c)

Profile for R. Foster > Reviews

Content by R. Foster

R. Foster "Roger Foster" (Scarborough, North Yorks)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wireless Doorbell Digital Remote Control 32 Chimes Tune 100m Range Door Bell
Wireless Doorbell Digital Remote Control 32 Chimes Tune 100m Range Door Bell
Offered by Grids London

5.0 out of 5 stars As described!, 18 Mar 2014
Amazing for the price: I wanted a simple call system for when someone was ill, and this is it. Take the bell anywhere, or leave it centrally the sound is loud, and the call button can be by the bed or anywhere else. May not be weather proof but at this price I would not expect it.

Danubia
Danubia

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Danubia (Kindle Edition)
A very enjoyable and amusing approach to history, even if it is at times hard to know quite where or when you are meant to be.

I feel wiser, and a little better informed.

1914: History in an Hour
1914: History in an Hour

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 13 Dec 2013
A very handy quick guide if you want to keep track of all the Great War coverage at the moment.

DIGIFLEX Portable Home Wall / Desk LCD Display Indoor Outdoor Thermometer Hygrometer with 2 Sensors
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars No Use, 7 Aug 2013
Both C and F temperatures show at the same time, so are impossible to read.
Not worth sending back, throwing it away.

Evernote for your Life | A Practical Guide for the Use of Evernote in Your Everyday Life [2014 Edition]: A Practical Guide for the Use of Evernote in Your Everyday Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 17 Feb 2013
I've spent some time looking for a practical guide to help me get the most out of Evernote, and I've found it. I have already put some of it to use, and it is as enjoyable to read as it is easy to understand.

I'm surprised by the half hearted reviews, this is a guide to everything I need I'm sure. If there are a few glitches I'll know enough to find my way through them.

I'm really enjoying working through it.

Epicurus and Epicurean Philosophy
Epicurus and Epicurean Philosophy

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle at its best, 7 Feb 2013
I bought this a couple of hours ago, having learnt a little about Epicurus from this week's 'In our time' on Radio 4. It is a clear, understandable and very informative monograph which I have just read and which gave me just the information I wanted. I shall now listen to 'In our time' again. Education could not be less arduous.

I have found fault with Kindle in the past, but it is quite wonderful to be able to source, buy and read something like this in the space of about an hour for less than £1.

Best Dad I Can Be
Best Dad I Can Be

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal gift for dads new or old, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Best Dad I Can Be (Kindle Edition)
Well observed, wise and witty, easy reading as it is short pieces and unusually for Kindle a clear index which takes you direct to each piece. Mostly for Dads but Mums might share a smile.

Kolay® The New iPad 3 HD Black Flip Case Cover Stand & Screen Protector For The New Apple iPad 2012 (With Magnetic Auto-Sleep)
Offered by Symun

5.0 out of 5 stars All you should need, 4 May 2012
Don't be fooled by the price, this is a first class product, works perfectly, presents the iPad in the two positions you might want, closes it down when the flap is closed, and does not look cheap.

I've had two covers for an earlier iPad, both more expensive, and neither as good.

Penguin's Poems for Life (Penguin Classics)
Penguin's Poems for Life (Penguin Classics)

1.0 out of 5 stars In this edition, a complete waste of 99 pence, 2 Nov 2011
Yet another kindle poetry book without an index - frustrating and a complete waste of time and money.

If you enjoy poetry and use kindle, be aware that many books have no index or table of contents, and while this may be acceptable for a novel it makes a poetry anthology or an instruction manual worthless.

I have given this no stars at all, but find it insists on at least one. It is not worth one.

The Essential Romantic Poetry Collection [Illustrated]
The Essential Romantic Poetry Collection [Illustrated]

2.0 out of 5 stars No index, of first lines or otherwise., 8 Oct 2011
Once again the problem with a Kindle book is finding your way round, and with a large collection of poems a good index and table of contents is essential. This edition doesn't have one. and it is really not worth having.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3