Profile for James Phillips > Reviews

Content by James Phillips

James Phillips

Head Case Designs Popcorn Kawaii Soft Gel Back Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7270 S7272

3.0 out of 5 stars Popcorn case Samsung Galaxy Ace 3, 1 May 2016
Really pleased with how this case arrived in a protective pouch. Love the popcorn design so please make more cinema themed ones (maybe a drink and popcorn box) Only gripe is it's on the slightly small size so camera slightly covered. All in all a happy purchase

AZATOM® Revolution Docking station: Amazing sound - 40 Watts - latest DSP Technology - Digital Amplifier - Unique Design - Pivot Feature - Full Remote Control - The Revolution is quite simply the Best Sounding Docking Station at anywhere near the price!
Offered by 4Cool Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 OUT OF 5 OVERALL!!!!, 5 April 2014
I've been using the AZATOM Revolution Docking Station for about a month now so I can now give a more honest review.

1) Build quality: is high a solid metal body around the main tube part of the docking station with a well designed mount that holds your device in place. I would give it (5 out of 5 for build quality)

2) Remote control: It's what you would expect from a standard docking station the range is about 3-4 Meters. You have to find the right angle sometimes but that's my general experience with these type remote controllers. (3 out of 5 but this is as good as I've ever had out of a docking station remote)

3) Sound Quality: I'm a real music lover I listen to music all the time so I'm going to be very honest here. I think for general main stream listening I haven't really had a problem. The music is clear with a bit of base and depth, the volume reaches more than a higher enough level for the average everyday listener no issues there personally for me.

My only criticism would be that I listen to a lot of Metal Music which have a very fast and diverse range of drum beats. I've only had a £70 Sony docking station to compare this against here but definitely the AZATOM is inferior in tonality. A good analogy here is metal music is a bit like 20 people shouting down a tunnel all at once and the docking stations job is to differentiate those different sounds. I've found the AZTOM a little flat for metal music personally but haven't experienced any problems with other types of music when listening to it?? ( 4 out of 5 general music) 3 out of 5 for Metal Music)

Overview: It's a strong and well designed docking stations with a remote controller which seems to be a hard thing to find at any price bracket. The sound quality is fine for general listening in fact I think you would have to pay a lot more to find better. If your into Metal music and have a bigger budget to play with then I would encourage to spend a bit more. If your on a tight budget like me at the minute but can't live without a docking station then I would 100% recommend this. At £36 it charges your device while using it really quickly which is a real bonus if like me you only have a laptop which is painfully slow in charging my ipod as it keeps going into power saver mode so you have to watch over it!

I think that's pretty much everything I can think of hope this helps. Enjoy!!!

Doctor Who -- The Complete Series 5 [DVD]
Doctor Who -- The Complete Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Smith
Offered by movielovers786

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed watching it more than the first time I saw it!, 5 Mar. 2014
Being a big fan of David Tennant & Russell T Davies I can honestly say that watching most of series 5 back when it was being broadcast on t.v I wasn't really sure on it? I think it was the shock of Matt Smith and the completely new style of the episodes mainly that I wasn't quite sure on. After getting use to Matt Smith now from all his lastest stuff I decided to be brave and buy series 5 and continue my collection. I have to say it was the right thing to do really enjoyed watching the whole box-set. I could never quite make sense of it all back when it was on t.v definitely can see the bigger picture now have really enjoyed re-watching it! If you weren't sure on it like me give it another shot you might surprise yourself!

Rayman Legends (PS3)
Rayman Legends (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun! Fun! Fun!, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Rayman Legends (PS3) (Video Game)
You don't see many easy going multi-player PS3 games these days. If you want to get away from those heavy serious solo type games for a bit I would recommend this game. I got it for my girlfriend not expecting much both being 20+yrs Lol but I was very wrong not had that much fun on the PS3 for awhile. "Couples Warning" You have to work as a team in the main multi-player game so expect a little arguing in places. Lol :P That said it's loads of Fun can't wait to play again!

Spaceform Dinky Glass Photo Frame - Red Hearts
Spaceform Dinky Glass Photo Frame - Red Hearts
Offered by Gifts Direct 2 U Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cute frame!, 5 Mar. 2014
I got this for my girlfriend as she doesn't have lots of room on her bed side cabinet so this doesn't take up loads of room and get in the way. It's a well made double sided glass frame a bit on the pricey side but you can never go wrong with a thoughtful gift just make sure you put some pictures in there before you give it though.

Book lighter Folio Case Cover Pouch with Fold Away LED Light Magnetic Clasp for Kobo Mini E-reader - ideal for reading at night (Black)
Offered by AQUARIUS PROTEXION

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!!, 5 Mar. 2014
A really well thought out product fits the Kobo Mini perfectly. The LED light which I use a lot as I'm more of a night reader is still going strong after 5 books. The case has a little more bulk to it because of the light on the back but that personally doesn't bother me as it's still a lot easier than carrying a big old book around when travelling. Tip! When you have the light on this leaves an empty slot in the back of the case which I fine you can put your fingers into like wearing a glove and actually makes holding the Kobo more comfortable to grip if your laying down for me.