Profile for Mr. Jon Forster > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jon Forster

Mr. Jon Forster "sensor" (London, England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LinkS Micro USB to VGA MHL Adapter+Micro 5pin to 11pin adapter + Charging Cable in Black 3 Feet Kit
Offered by Links Technologies

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 1 Aug. 2015
I will keep this review short as most are very long

Does it work? Yes. For the connectivity through an android phone and charging etc it does what to should. I have had no issues and it works fine. If you want a product delivering what it does then it does the job. Four stars are cables are a bit short at times.

HAMSWAN Universal Foldable Mini Extendable Selfie Handheld Stick Monopod with Built-in Wireless Bluetooth Remote Shutter for iPhone, Samsung, Sony, LG and Other Android Smartphones (Gray)
Offered by HAMSWAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product that is well made and very functional, 1 Aug. 2015
Excellent product.

I must admit I am not a big selfie stick fan but there are those times when you need to either 'selfie' or take a picture at a higher or different level. This is an excellent product for either use.
Well made and solid without being heavy. Charge it up, connect via blue tooth to an iPhone and it's ready to use. It folds up to a small size so can easily pack it in a bag and it takes up very little space. It works very well easily and quickly taking photos via the button. It nicely goes blue when connected.
Looking for a selfie or basically a camera stick and this is the one to get!

skinChemists Bee Venom Moisturiser 50 ml
skinChemists Bee Venom Moisturiser 50 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 20 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cream comes in a lovely bottle with a nice stainless steel rim and looks expensive. So far so good….
There were no instructions within the box, only what was written on the box.
I did a skin test on the inside of my arm as I am generally allergic to histamines (including wasp and bee stings), but it did not show an adverse effect. The first few times I used it I thought I could feel some slight “smarting” sensation and my face looked a bit flushed for about 10 minutes, but after a couple of weeks of use I didn’t notice either of these things. I can’t say that it particularly improved my skin tone or reduced my wrinkles either. One big drawback I found is that it is impossible to apply foundation evenly after using this product as it doesn’t “flow” on the skin, even after using another moisturiser after the bee venom moisturiser.

Not a fan of this product and I wouldn’t buy it.

Vie Magnesium Salt Flakes - 400g Jar
Vie Magnesium Salt Flakes - 400g Jar
Offered by Healthcare Europe

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and ineffective, 7 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I used these flakes dissolved in hot water as a foot bath, unsung 1 cup of flakes each time on as suggested on the instructions. This meant that the bottle will only do 3 foot baths which at around £2.00 per time is pretty expensive - the suggested amount for a full bath would have used most of the bottle! The flakes dissolved quickly and I kept my feet in for 30 minutes as suggested. I suffer from very dry skin and therefore use a lot of emollients and creams etc. and I am very aware of what works when it comes to dry skin. However, I didn't feel as if my feet felt particularly softer afterwards and not as much of an improvement as I expected - especially considering how much it cost.

CALMURID PRO Very Rich Ointment
CALMURID PRO Very Rich Ointment
Offered by Lloydspharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting and good, 7 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a life long sufferer of dry skin and occasional eczema and trying dozens of creams, emollients etc. I consider myself somewhat of an expert in dry skin and eczema remedies. I found this cream fantastic - just a small amount goes a long way and it kept my skin moist all day - some other creams seem to be good to start with when first applied, but soon my skin dries up again. It is supposed to be used for extremely dry skin patches/eczema, but at the time of application I wasn't suffering from any eczema so I cannot comment on whether it would be effective, but I do believe it would be.

Braun Series 9 9040s Wet and Dry Electric Shaver
Braun Series 9 9040s Wet and Dry Electric Shaver

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't get a close shave, 1 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried this racer for a few weeks to try and get used to it. I have been using a Gillette battery driven blade razer.

First impressions were very good. Well made, great weight, feels good in the hand. The problem I have is that it does not give a close shave. It also takes me far longer to shave with this razer than a blade razer. I need to go over the same areas many times. Shaving around the jawbone area certainly takes a lot longer and, again, does not seem to shave closely. I've tried it with the head in static and flexible mode and no real discernible difference. I also tried it in dry, wet, shaving gel and no gel - I still get a faster and closer shave with a £20 blade.

Some may like this type of razer but it's not for me. 3 stars as its ok but that's it.

TP-LINK NC200 WiFi Cloud Security Camera/Range Extender/Home Monitor Indoor (Easily install, configure and view with tpCamera App on iOS or Android devices, Email Alert Notification, Wi-Fi Extender)
Offered by BESTBUYIT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 25 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a couple of web cams and use them for security purposes. This certainly ticks the boxes of a decent camera. It does not have night vision and you cannot move the camera remotely but for a solid, fixed camera it does the job. You can set up email notifications as required.
The image quality via the app is pretty good. Setting up the free app, downloaded to my iPhone from the App Store, is straightforward and soon up and running.
If you want a well made, simple web cam with the added benefits of wifi extender (no idea why you'd use this for that purpose) thrn this is certainly receommended
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2015 5:03 PM BST

Yoga Full Toe Socks (Full Black), 2 Pairs Value Pack Set, Non Slip Skid and All Grip Socks - Size M/L
Offered by YogaAddict [UK]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit, comfortable and great grip, 24 Jun. 2015
These are excellent. At first they look small but they were a perfect fit. Really comfortable to wear.
As for the grip - really good but not sticky at all. Tried them on wood, ceramic tile and Antiko tile. Really hold your feet when stretching and doings any exercise. They are also great just wearing around the house as your feet don't slip when walking on polished floors. They also seem to keep your feet just the right temperature.

Certainly recommended.

Ultrasport Women's Rainbow Compression Shirt - Black, X-Small
Ultrasport Women's Rainbow Compression Shirt - Black, X-Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, snug fit, 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the short sleeved version of one available in long sleeves.

The quality is very good.I take a small size in clothing, usually size 8 (UK) and when I first put this top on (size XS) I thought " this is a VERY snug fit", but after wearing it for a while I realised that it's actually very comfortable and keeps everything in place! It's rather stylish and I particularly liked the rainbow trim which is very flattering. There are mesh inserts under the arms and at the back of the neck which are useful for staying comfortable on long cycle rides in the summer, but I think it would be equally useful as a base layer for autumn/spring cycling. The length is very good for cycling and the elasticated waist means it doesn't ride up

AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, Ivory
AmazonBasics Everyday Double Fitted Sheet, Ivory

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but suits a deep mattress, 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a pretty good sheet and is god value. Its not a high stitch count but this is made very clear. It is a slightly dark off-white. It looks fine. The fitting is not tight on a double bed. I have a fairly deep mattress and i still bags and wrinkles overnight. Its not uncomfortable in any way, it just looks a bit messy.

If you are looking for a good value sheet, and certainly if you have an over deep mattress, then you cant go wrong with this sheet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20