Profile for Ratboyslim32 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sennheiser OMX185 Stereo In-Ear Headphones
Sennheiser OMX185 Stereo In-Ear Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound but..., 21 Sep 2014
I have had these headphones for 3 weeks now and use them at the gym and for my runs outdoors.

Firstly, the sound quality is very good. Unfortunately, this is where the positives end.

The earphone sponge rips very easily.

The headphones do not fit the ear canal very well as they are quite large. Therefore, when you run they keep falling out of the ear.

The cable gets tangled very easily. So much so, that it take me about 2-3 mins to untangle everytime!

Overall, disappointed.

Automatic Fulton Open & Close Black Superslim Umbrella
Automatic Fulton Open & Close Black Superslim Umbrella
Offered by Neptune Wares

2.0 out of 5 stars looks good when you receive it, 21 Aug 2014
looks good when you receive it; however on first use it is very flimsy and would not stand up to a windy, wet day! It looks like they have compromised quality for size.

Ozaki oCoat 0.3 Jelly Hard Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 Transparent
Ozaki oCoat 0.3 Jelly Hard Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product. Well put together and discrete, 21 Aug 2014
I bought this for my mother who is constantly dropping her iPhone 5. Brilliant product. Well put together and discrete.

FoneM8® - iPhone 5, 5S Front And Back Screen Protector (Pack Of 10) Includes 5 Front, 5 Rear Retail Packed - Includes Microfibre Cleaning Cloth And Application Card
Offered by FoneM8store

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screen cover I have used thus far, 21 Aug 2014
Best screen cover I have used thus far. Last about 3-6 months and then it has to be changed; however at this price you do not mind!

Fellowes Memory Foam Mouse Pad / Wrist Support - Silver Streak
Fellowes Memory Foam Mouse Pad / Wrist Support - Silver Streak

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug 2014
Nice quality product. Keeps firm on the desk without slipping out of place. Gel wrist support nice.

Sport Belt for iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, HTC One and more
Sport Belt for iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, HTC One and more
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. keeps my iPhone 5S secure while I ..., 21 Aug 2014
Good quality. keeps my iPhone 5S secure while I train in the gym. Screen can still be used through the PVC cover. Not waterproof but certainly will keep the rain out on a run.

Eye of the Storm: 25 Years in Action with the SAS
Eye of the Storm: 25 Years in Action with the SAS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read and with authority, 7 Jun 2014
Good, no nonsense book written by someone who doesn't hide behind a pseudonym.

However, I'm not sure why he felt he needed to justify himself. His career speaks for itself!

Mom: The Complete First Season
Mom: The Complete First Season
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced fun!, 12 April 2014
Watched 4 episodes so far. Awesome. Really funny. Fast paced and fresh. We'll worth a watch. Great characters and a unusual plot.

Onkyo LS3100 2.1 Speaker System
Onkyo LS3100 2.1 Speaker System

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect 2.1 system, 20 Dec 2013
Having bought a Sony W905A 47 inch tv last month and convincing myself I could live with the TV sound, I finally realised I could not! In essence, I paid for a 5 star picture with a 1 str sound quality. So, I started doing some research into a 'sound system' to accompany the tv.

Although I have a reasonably large room, the way the TV is set up means that a sound bar would be wasted. I was looking at the Yamaha 2200 initially. Also, most of the sound bars have a high profile, meaning that about 0.5 - 1 inch of the TV screen would be blocked.

Then I looked at the Denon and Bose Sound Boards. Unfortunately, atheistically the sound boards did not look nice with my Sony TV. Next, a 5.1 system. I discounted this option as we really did not want wires trailing everywhere and the system that could fit the bill - Sony 7100 was out of my budget.

So, finally, I settled down to a 2.1 system. After doing days of research I settled to looking at the LS3100 and Bose Cinemate GS. There was very little in terms of reviews of the LS3100 in the UK. However, on the US Amazon website it has a lot of 4-5 star reviews. The Bose is a mixed bag.

This morning, I received my LS 3100...in white! As you open the book, one realises that it is a quality product. The speakers and subwoofer are made and finished to a high standard. The supplied cables are also high quality. The only let down is the Quick Start Guide and Owners Manual. Nevertheless, the system is very easy to put together and operate.

Now for the big test...sound quality. First song to be tested was Gorillaz 'Feel Good'. Nice. But subwoofer set on 0 is too boomy. Turned this down and then played Jay-Z 'Ni**as in Paris'. Much better sound here. Finally, a bit of Clair De Lune. Again, excellent sound with a lot of detail.

Finally and the main reason I bought this system...Films! The first scene to be played was Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon - the car chase on the motorway. Wow! This system blew the house away! Every detail was heard and the booms shook the sofa!

What am I comparing against? My previous system was a Denon AV receiver connected to Tannoy bookshelf speakers. The combination was a What HiFi 5 star combination and certainly did a good job in playing music and film. The LS3100 is far better and much more clearer. The only area I have to experiment with in order to give this system a 5 Star is the sub-woofer. Still too boomy.

For £299 (target price), this is a very good system and I commend it to you.

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout
Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard - UK Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars APPLE STYLE ON A PC PRODUCT, 9 Nov 2013
Bought this to accompany my new Surface Pro 2. Really nice keyboard on par with Apple Wireless Keyboard in terms of design. Great packaging in terms of quality. You feel you're buying a quality, exclusive product.

Well done Microsoft.