Profile for BR > Reviews

Content by BR

BR

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Cole & Mason 145 mm Brushed Chrome Oxley One Handed Pepper and Salt Mill Set, Set of 2, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set, 22 Oct 2014
Positives:
- They look good!
- Easy to use
- Setting to change courseness of salt/pepper
- Easy to refill (just open the top)
- 10 year guarantee on the mechanism

Negatives:
- The top that comes off to refill feels cheap. It looks fine (when you remove the clear sticker that's over it to protect it, which I notice another review left on....)
- On the finest setting, the salt is still a little too chunky for my taste. I prefer salt to be finer, and to use less of it.

Overall if you are looking for a salt and pepper set and you like the look of these, I would go for it as long as you can handle the couple of negatives.

Bose ® SoundDock XT Speaker - White/Dark Grey
Bose ® SoundDock XT Speaker - White/Dark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent docking system, 19 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought I would try this out as I've never really used a speaker dock like this before. Setup was really easy, pretty much just plug it in and go. You can obviously use it with your Apple device, but also with others, such as my partner uses it to play music on her laptop. In terms of the sound, it is really pretty impressive. The audio is clear, crisp, and doesn't sound tinny at all. I would definitely recommend this product.

Hornby R1138 GWR Passenger Freight 00 Gauge Electric Train Set
Hornby R1138 GWR Passenger Freight 00 Gauge Electric Train Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starter set, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had many train sets in my younger days and really enjoyed playing with them. Unfortunately I got rid of them all years ago and have regretted it ever since. When the opportunity arose to get this I jumped at the chance, eager to relive my youth, and of course see if my son (9) would be interested in it too. This is the first important point to note, the set has really nice detail, but is certainly not robust, and definitely not for younger children (8 and over would be my recommendation). It is easy to set up and comes with a nice selection of trucks and even a passenger coach. It has extra track and a mat to assemble it on. You can then buy additional sets which fit into what you have. I would consider this a very reasonable price for what you get, and is an ideal starter train set. My son enjoys it, as do I!

QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 10 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a subscription based software package for doing basic accounting for a small business. It is a 12 month package, and after the 12 months you have to pay a monthly fee. You can check out a demo of the product online, which I would recommend doing. There are a range of QuickBooks products, this is the lowest end version. I would say it is aimed at very small businesses, even to one-man-band type outfits. I would check the other products first to make sure that this has the functionality you need. It is easy to install and easy to use and makes basic business accounting stress free. I would recommend this.

LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker (Blue)
LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 8 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter (nearly 6) really likes this Leapband. It comes around half charged so can be used straightaway. It charges through USB connection to the computer, so no frequent battery changes are needed. It has a lot of pre-loaded activities on it, which my daughter enjoyed. It is easy to use for her age and is pretty resilient, and of course encourages and rewards exercise! The only downside is that it is a little large. Another good point is that it can be set to sleep mode so cannot be used at night for example (if you so require). I would definitely recommend this for around my daughter's age (6).

Galt Toys Felt Friends Sewing Kit
Galt Toys Felt Friends Sewing Kit
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 6 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter (nearly 6) loves craft stuff so I thought I would get her this. She really enjoyed making the animals, but did need some support. It is fairly easy, the holes are pre-punched, the needle is plastic, which means there is no real danger unlike real needles, which does make it very good for the younger kids. She managed to make all five characters in just over an hour, and liked stuffing them too. She's now very pleased with the end product. If your kids like craft items, I would absolutely recommend this as a good product to keep them entertained, just make sure you have time to spend helping them get started.

Naughtiest Girl: Naughtiest Girl In The School and Naughtiest Girl Again (The Naughtiest Girl)
by Enid Blyton
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic stories!, 30 Sep 2014
My daughter (5) and my son (9) were enthralled by this CD set on our drive through Italy. Yes, it is a little old fashioned, but both of them loved the story and my son was left wishing that his school was run the same was as those on the CD! There are the first two books on the CDs, and there are two CDs in the box (one book per CD). Since we got back my daughter can be found sitting listening to these with her brother sitting next to her. Great value, and classic stories.

LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDi Learning Tablet (Pink)
LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra XDi Learning Tablet (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 30 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my 5 year old daughter (soon to be 6). She had a smaller tablet, which was a Vtech Inntoab 3, which she liked, but I found had a number of issues (such as a small screen and normal batteries which were used up quickly). In comparison to this, the LeapFrog LeapPad blows the Vtech away. There is a proper screen which is easy to see, it has a built in rechargeable battery, that you get a good time of use out of. It has wireless internet, which is safely screened and filtered, which is fantastic as an introduction to the internet for kids. Yes, you only get one app with it (choose which one and download), but there is also a lot of other stuff to do on the tablet which is in-built, such as the excellent camera. It also has 8gb of storage, which is a good size for a kids tablet. My daughter loves it, so would recommend for any kids in that age group.

Sparkup The Magical Book Reader
Sparkup The Magical Book Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 29 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit that I was quite skeptical reading the description. It sounded really good, but I was doubtful as to whether it would work as well in practice. When I opened it, the instructions were clear, and the product was very easy to use, with only a couple of buttons. Simply clip it onto the book and get going. It was easy to use, and when I had finished, it really worked too! I tried a number of books and it worked for them all, and my daughter was really impressed to hear Daddy reading the story! You can also save the recordings to the computer to make more space on the device, although it does hold a lot to begin with. I would definitely recommend this.

Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale
Soehnle 63350 Pharo 200 BMI 8 Person Recognition Analyser Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but occasionally flawed, 28 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The instructions are not very good. They don't really make clear what all the readings actually mean. So what if I have a water percentage of 50%. What does that mean? You then have to tootle off to the internet and do some Googling. The scales look good and work well. If you don't set them up (enter your height, age, and sex) then when you stand on them you will only get your weight. If you enter the extra information you then get BMI, body fat %, water %, and muscle %. Setup is easy and quick, took about a minute for one, and it can store 8 lots of people's information. Once set up you can then stand on it, and it recognises which profile is in use. Also, if you don't like the KG measurements, then on the back is a button that switches it to stone and pounds. I took a few measurements within a 10 minute period, the results were pretty consistent across all the measurements, which I thought I was a good thing. My biggest issue with the scales which stops it from having 5 stars is that the data pops up on the screen a measurement at a time, then vanishes. No reminder, nothing. On other scales they would flash up the findings for about 30 seconds afterwards. On this one you need to write them down, quickly, as they appear, which then means you cannot glance down at the chart which shows where you are compared to the average person, as you are too busy writing down measurements that flash off the screen too quickly!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20