Profile for BR > Reviews

Tilly's Moonlight Fox
Tilly's Moonlight Fox
by Julia Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice story for younger readers, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Tilly's Moonlight Fox (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this to my daughter (6 1/2 years old) to read after I had a quick read of it too. It is a gentle tale dealing with changes in a young girl's (Tilly's) life, along with recurring themes of family, exploring and adventures. My daughter really enjoyed it, but she is quite advanced for her reading age. I would say the age to read alone would typically be 7+, or younger if you are reading together. The chapters are quite small, so would suit reading together, and there are also some illustrations. It really was a nice book and we'll be looking at the other books by this author. Recommended.

Creature Teacher
Creature Teacher
by Sam Watkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny book, 29 April 2015
This review is from: Creature Teacher (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the story of a teacher who happens to be a creature. There are plenty of illustrations and the text is spaced out quite well. It would be good for the age group of around 9-10 as although the text is large, there are a number of words in the book that younger children would not understand. The content is humourous, and is relatively quick paced. My son (10) really enjoyed it, but my daughter (6) didn't really get some of it. My son has already asked for the next one in the series, so that should tell you that it appeals to that age group and was enjoyable to read.

Motorola MBP853 Connect Wi-Fi HD Video Baby Monitor
Motorola MBP853 Connect Wi-Fi HD Video Baby Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The last baby monitor we had was sound only, and allowed you to speak to the child over the unit, which sounded like an echoey voice from another dimension. Our daughter's now 6, but recently has struggled staying in bed, especially since the nights are lighter and you can see clearly. Set up was easy, even the wi-fi option to view the camera over the internet. The parent unit has a bit of a disappointing screen, especially when the camera on the baby unit is high definition. Viewing over the internet was clear and of good quality, but don't expect it to be seamless video, the frame refresh rate isn't that quick, but it still allows you to see what is happening. We went out as a couple and were able to see what was happening as our daughter played up her Nanny, but then we called home and spoke to her and she soon went back to bed. If you want to be able to see your child I would recommend this, especially for nervous new parents, and even for slightly older children who have the capacity to cause some mischief! If I had this when our children were babies I would have probably just sat downstairs glued to it! The vision is good and the camera can be moved around. Luckily the days of the voices from another dimension are gone for good. This is expensive, but you do get a lot of features for your money.

Igenix IG5250 Convector Heater with 24-Hour Timer and Thermostat 2000 W
Igenix IG5250 Convector Heater with 24-Hour Timer and Thermostat 2000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast heat & lots of settings, 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We already have a convector heater for our office, which has no other heating. The one we have is a 2000KW, but with a number that you set it to. This version has three power settings, plus the heat setting, as well as a timer too. The timer is useful as I can set it to come on 20 minutes before I start work, so the room is heated up. I found that the lowest setting was fine for a small room and kept it warm, whilst saving me money as I did not need to use the 2000KW option. I would recommend this due to the options that it has. The only downside is the slats are a little wide, but as no kids use the office this for me was not an issue.

Tacwise 18G 50mm Brad Electric Nail Gun
Tacwise 18G 50mm Brad Electric Nail Gun
Offered by 1 Tool Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never used a nail gun before, so this was going to be pretty interesting. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and in no time at all I was outside, nail gun in hand, ready for action. The cable is a decent length for indoor work, but if you are doing anything outside you would need an extension lead. I approached the fence with caution. With some of the recent high winds, a couple of pieces of wood had blown off the fence panels, along with a section of trellis. I followed the instructions and managed to nail on the fence pieces and trellis in a couple of minutes. I was soon inside, basking in the satisfaction of a job well done, and quickly done too. I had also not managed to kill myself or hurt myself in any way, mainly due to reading the instructions and operating it in accordance with these, but also due to the excellent safety features that the nail gun possesses. I would definitely recommend this product for the types of tasks which I used it for.

Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black
Philips Sonicare HX9351/04 DiamondClean Rechargeable Toothbrush Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but expensive, 13 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had the opportunity to try this toothbrush out, which was a significant upgrade on my current brush (an electric, but less than £50). First impressions were that it works very well, my teeth felt 'cleaner' when I used it. The charging can be done via USB, but it happens to be a different USB to my phone, which is a bit of a pain, especially if travelling as it would need you to carry two USB cables. The charge lasts a long time, in the region of a couple of weeks. I would recommend this product, however it is very expensive, and a little bit inconvenient due to using a different type of USB connection than my other devices.

Nicky Clarke Diamond Shine Pro Salon Straightener
Nicky Clarke Diamond Shine Pro Salon Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My partner used these as my hair is not long enough to warrant using a straightener on it! She reported back that she loved these straighteners. Positives included the long cable, the fast heat up time, and the five heat settings. The results were great and there were no negatives at all. She'd recommend these for anyone looking for a set of straighteners.

Sage 50 Payroll: Up to 25 Employees (PC CD)
Sage 50 Payroll: Up to 25 Employees (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything you need it to, 31 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The product was easy to install and once installed it asks you for some basic information (company name etc). Once entered, you are in! It is relatively easy to use, however not as easy as Quickbooks. It is really more aimed at the medium business, rather than a lone trader or a very small business. It's suitable for up to 25 employees, and payroll is simple. It even calculates holiday etc. It also comes with a stack of blank payslips. There is also the support from Sage, which is good as you can get advice on how to do various things if you are not sure. If you are looking for a medium business package then this is the one to go for. Anything smaller, then I would recommend some of the cheaper options.

Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt - Brushed Aluminium
Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt - Brushed Aluminium

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent juicer, 10 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never owned a juicer before. First impressions were that this is BIG for what it is. So big in fact, that it won't fit in the kitchen cupboards. Second impression was how terrible the instructions were. After a while I managed to get it together (probably through luck). Once assembled it is easy to use, and juices impressively. You can tell how impressive by how dry the pulp is that you have to remove to clean it. Talking of cleaning, it is pretty easy (but not as simple as the manufacturer says), and it helps that the parts are dishwasher safe. It's a pity you cannot use some fruits, such as bananas, but it has dealt impressively with everything else I have thrown into it, producing some delicious results. I'm giving it 4 stars, mainly for the size and instructions, but everything else about it is great.

Philips SW700M/05 Multiroom Speaker with Spotify Connect
Philips SW700M/05 Multiroom Speaker with Spotify Connect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but a little limited, 8 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a speaker for Spotify. This means that you need to have spotify premium (£10 a month), as well as access to a mobile device in order to queue up songs and choose songs. It does come with a 30 day trial, however after that if you do not subscribe to premium, then what you have is in effect a useless box. There is no way of connecting it to other devices, there are no other inputs. This is important to note, as you are buying Spotify speaker, and that's all. In terms of the sound, it is fine. I found the sound levels good for a speaker of this price range. I could not test the multiroom capacity as I only had one speaker. If you are looking for a speaker that allows you to play your Spotify premium songs then I would recommend this, however if you are looking for something that plays a bit more than spotify, then you can buy alternative speakers that connect to phones and tablets.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20