Profile for BR > Reviews

skinChemists Bee Venom Facial Serum 30 ml
skinChemists Bee Venom Facial Serum 30 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, 7 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Feels nice to apply and you can actually feel your face tightening, however after a couple of weeks there is no visible change at all. There is not much information with the product, with a couple of tiny lines saying apply twice a day. It looks cheap, which it shouldn't given its price tag. If you are desperate to try this out, then go for it. Otherwise I would recommend you look elsewhere for an alternative.

AnySharp Plastic and Stainless Steel Mini Chopper, Black
AnySharp Plastic and Stainless Steel Mini Chopper, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 20 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's nice and small, which means it takes up no room at all. The instructions were not very clear, but it was easy enough to work out which parts fit together. It is hand powered, which means no batteries. It is small, which means it's only really suitable for small items like garlic or chilli. It chops these perfectly well, and is particularly useful as you don't get the smell (of garlic) or the heat (of chilli) on your hands. You can do larger items, but there's not really any point. By the time you've chopped an onion to be small enough to go into the chopper, you might as well finish the job manually. It's easy to clean, and is even dishwasher safe. If you use ingredients like garlic or chilli, or other small items that need chopping, I would recommend this as it's really useful.

SmoothSkin Gold Permanent Hair Reduction
SmoothSkin Gold Permanent Hair Reduction

4.0 out of 5 stars Hair reduction..., 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My partner tested this out for me, as I am a man and I didn't particularly want to lose any hair permanently. This is an important point as it is not permanent removal, but permanent reduction. It is easy to use, however may take 12 weeks to show any effects, and you will still need to shave. It is also difficult to tell where you have used the device, especially on larger areas, like legs. After over a month slight effects were noticed, but will have to update the review to day what else has happened after 12 weeks+. It is a proved technique in salons, so I am sure there will be a noticeable difference. It is also very expensive.

Playmags Clear Colors Magnetic Tiles Deluxe Building Set with Car (100-Piece)
Playmags Clear Colors Magnetic Tiles Deluxe Building Set with Car (100-Piece)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fun for little ones, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd never heard of these before, but then one day my sister in Canada asked me to buy some for my niece's birthday. I then got the opportunity to try these out in the UK and immediately gave them to my 6 year old daughter to test run. They were a huge success. She loved building various structures and buildings, however they are not as sturdy as the description claims, and I would say that younger children would get frustrated with their creations falling down if they were a little clumsy. I would recommend 4+ years for these. They are also quite expensive too, which does take a star off. But they are a lot of fun for a suitably aged child.

Francis Francis X7.1 Iperespresso, 1 Litre, 240 W, Pink
Francis Francis X7.1 Iperespresso, 1 Litre, 240 W, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee, 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are after an expresso machine, then look no further. This is the machine you are looking for. Easy to set up, fast to heat up, fast to cool down, and the best expresso you will find except if you grind the beans yourself. It also looks great too. No negatives at all. Highly recommended.

Leitz Icon Smart Wireless Label Printer
Leitz Icon Smart Wireless Label Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good label printer, 7 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Once set up, this was great. The only problems I had was with the setup. There was no problem at all when connected to the USB connection on my computer. It worked absolutely fine and the labels printed clearly, and extremely quickly. It's also got a (separately available) battery to be able to print on the go. It is small, but is a little heavy, so I wouldn't want to carry it too far. It would also be good if with the portable battery option it came with a carry case or something to actually make it more portable. Setting up via wireless was much more challenging, and took a while to get it going. I would recommend this as via cable it's easy to use and produces great results. Taking one star off for the more challenging setup with wireless.

Diary Of A Minecraft Creeper: An Unofficial Minecraft Story
Diary Of A Minecraft Creeper: An Unofficial Minecraft Story
by Alex Brian

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly terrible - AVOID, 1 Jun. 2015
The book is wafer thin and has huge text. It would take the average 6 year old minutes to read. The quality is poor and for nearly £5 is a complete and utter rip off. Returned it as soon as it arrived as there's no way I am keeping this and lining the pockets of someone who produces such dross. I wanted to give this no stars, but unfortunately one star is the lowest. There are much better Minecraft books available, such as the Herobrine series, which have a lot more content and actually lasts longer than 5 minutes. Please avoid this book, I cannot adequately express in words how terrible it is.

Tilly's Moonlight Fox
Tilly's Moonlight Fox
by Julia Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice story for younger readers, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Tilly's Moonlight Fox (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this to my daughter (6 1/2 years old) to read after I had a quick read of it too. It is a gentle tale dealing with changes in a young girl's (Tilly's) life, along with recurring themes of family, exploring and adventures. My daughter really enjoyed it, but she is quite advanced for her reading age. I would say the age to read alone would typically be 7+, or younger if you are reading together. The chapters are quite small, so would suit reading together, and there are also some illustrations. It really was a nice book and we'll be looking at the other books by this author. Recommended.

Creature Teacher
Creature Teacher
by Sam Watkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny book, 29 April 2015
This review is from: Creature Teacher (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the story of a teacher who happens to be a creature. There are plenty of illustrations and the text is spaced out quite well. It would be good for the age group of around 9-10 as although the text is large, there are a number of words in the book that younger children would not understand. The content is humourous, and is relatively quick paced. My son (10) really enjoyed it, but my daughter (6) didn't really get some of it. My son has already asked for the next one in the series, so that should tell you that it appeals to that age group and was enjoyable to read.

Motorola MBP853 Connect Wi-Fi HD Video Baby Monitor
Motorola MBP853 Connect Wi-Fi HD Video Baby Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The last baby monitor we had was sound only, and allowed you to speak to the child over the unit, which sounded like an echoey voice from another dimension. Our daughter's now 6, but recently has struggled staying in bed, especially since the nights are lighter and you can see clearly. Set up was easy, even the wi-fi option to view the camera over the internet. The parent unit has a bit of a disappointing screen, especially when the camera on the baby unit is high definition. Viewing over the internet was clear and of good quality, but don't expect it to be seamless video, the frame refresh rate isn't that quick, but it still allows you to see what is happening. We went out as a couple and were able to see what was happening as our daughter played up her Nanny, but then we called home and spoke to her and she soon went back to bed. If you want to be able to see your child I would recommend this, especially for nervous new parents, and even for slightly older children who have the capacity to cause some mischief! If I had this when our children were babies I would have probably just sat downstairs glued to it! The vision is good and the camera can be moved around. Luckily the days of the voices from another dimension are gone for good. This is expensive, but you do get a lot of features for your money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20