Profile for BR > Reviews

Content by BR

BR

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
QuickBooks Online Essentials, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Essentials, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything a very small business would need - just check the other options first, 24 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Lots of features, especially suitable for small businesses (including one-man-bands and micro businesses). It is only for 12 months of the software, so factor that into your consideration as to whether it is cost effective or not. It is easy to use, but I would recommend really looking at these packages to see which one is the most suitable. For example for most types of businesses like I have mentioned above, the simplestart package (which is cheaper) would suffice. If you are looking for multiple user access then go for this version as the simplestart only has one user included.

QuickBooks Pro 2015 (PC)
QuickBooks Pro 2015 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and easy to use, 24 Oct 2014
This review is from: QuickBooks Pro 2015 (PC) (DVD-ROM)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd used a previous version of QuickBooks, so I was keen to see the possible differences. It was simple to install (on my Windows 7 machine) and immediately it was clear that the home screen has been updated so that everything you need is laid out very simply. It has the ability to create very professional looking invoices, calculate VAT, and manage pretty much every function a small business might need to use (including a business snapshot screen). The only thing it really doesn't do it Payroll (you have to buy the + Payroll version for that). I would say that if you are a small business owner looking for this type of product, then this is certainly something to consider. If you only had last years version then it may be worth waiting another year or so as the changes themselves are not that drastic.

Braun NTF3000 No Touch Plus Forehead Digital Thermometer
Braun NTF3000 No Touch Plus Forehead Digital Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic thermometer, 24 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We used to have an ear thermometer, which was a utter nightmare in the night-time to get a reading on the kids without waking them. This is so easy, it doesn't even have to be touching them at all! I found this hard to believe, but it really works. In fact I tried a no touching test, followed by a touching test, then used the ear thermometer, and got the same readings on all of them. Batteries are included (AA) which is good, and there is a traffic light system guide to advise you on the temperature. The old ear thermometer has gone in the bin, this is the way forward. Our kids are now a little older (6 & 9), but this is still excellent for their ages too, in fact for all the family. It is more hygienic (no poking in ears!) and is quick and very easy to use. For a young baby I would consider this type of product an absolute essential. If you are on the lookout for a family thermometer, then this is the one for you.

Cole & Mason 145 mm Brushed Chrome Oxley One Handed Pepper and Salt Mill Set, Set of 2, Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set, 22 Oct 2014
Positives:
- They look good!
- Easy to use
- Setting to change courseness of salt/pepper
- Easy to refill (just open the top)
- 10 year guarantee on the mechanism

Negatives:
- The top that comes off to refill feels cheap. It looks fine (when you remove the clear sticker that's over it to protect it, which I notice another review left on....)
- On the finest setting, the salt is still a little too chunky for my taste. I prefer salt to be finer, and to use less of it.

Overall if you are looking for a salt and pepper set and you like the look of these, I would go for it as long as you can handle the couple of negatives.

Bose ® SoundDock XT Speaker - White/Dark Grey
Bose ® SoundDock XT Speaker - White/Dark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent docking system, 19 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought I would try this out as I've never really used a speaker dock like this before. Setup was really easy, pretty much just plug it in and go. You can obviously use it with your Apple device, but also with others, such as my partner uses it to play music on her laptop. In terms of the sound, it is really pretty impressive. The audio is clear, crisp, and doesn't sound tinny at all. I would definitely recommend this product.

Hornby R1138 GWR Passenger Freight 00 Gauge Electric Train Set
Hornby R1138 GWR Passenger Freight 00 Gauge Electric Train Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starter set, 18 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had many train sets in my younger days and really enjoyed playing with them. Unfortunately I got rid of them all years ago and have regretted it ever since. When the opportunity arose to get this I jumped at the chance, eager to relive my youth, and of course see if my son (9) would be interested in it too. This is the first important point to note, the set has really nice detail, but is certainly not robust, and definitely not for younger children (8 and over would be my recommendation). It is easy to set up and comes with a nice selection of trucks and even a passenger coach. It has extra track and a mat to assemble it on. You can then buy additional sets which fit into what you have. I would consider this a very reasonable price for what you get, and is an ideal starter train set. My son enjoys it, as do I!

QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)
QuickBooks Online Simple Start, 12-Month Subscription (Mac/PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 10 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a subscription based software package for doing basic accounting for a small business. It is a 12 month package, and after the 12 months you have to pay a monthly fee. You can check out a demo of the product online, which I would recommend doing. There are a range of QuickBooks products, this is the lowest end version. I would say it is aimed at very small businesses, even to one-man-band type outfits. I would check the other products first to make sure that this has the functionality you need. It is easy to install and easy to use and makes basic business accounting stress free. I would recommend this.

LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker (Blue)
LeapFrog LeapBand Activity Tracker (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 8 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter (nearly 6) really likes this Leapband. It comes around half charged so can be used straightaway. It charges through USB connection to the computer, so no frequent battery changes are needed. It has a lot of pre-loaded activities on it, which my daughter enjoyed. It is easy to use for her age and is pretty resilient, and of course encourages and rewards exercise! The only downside is that it is a little large. Another good point is that it can be set to sleep mode so cannot be used at night for example (if you so require). I would definitely recommend this for around my daughter's age (6).

Galt Toys Felt Friends Sewing Kit
Galt Toys Felt Friends Sewing Kit
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 6 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My daughter (nearly 6) loves craft stuff so I thought I would get her this. She really enjoyed making the animals, but did need some support. It is fairly easy, the holes are pre-punched, the needle is plastic, which means there is no real danger unlike real needles, which does make it very good for the younger kids. She managed to make all five characters in just over an hour, and liked stuffing them too. She's now very pleased with the end product. If your kids like craft items, I would absolutely recommend this as a good product to keep them entertained, just make sure you have time to spend helping them get started.

Naughtiest Girl: Naughtiest Girl In The School and Naughtiest Girl Again (The Naughtiest Girl)
by Enid Blyton
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic stories!, 30 Sep 2014
My daughter (5) and my son (9) were enthralled by this CD set on our drive through Italy. Yes, it is a little old fashioned, but both of them loved the story and my son was left wishing that his school was run the same was as those on the CD! There are the first two books on the CDs, and there are two CDs in the box (one book per CD). Since we got back my daughter can be found sitting listening to these with her brother sitting next to her. Great value, and classic stories.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20