Profile for D. Weaver > Reviews

Content by D. Weaver

D. Weaver (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
La Isla Women's High Impact Flexible Underwire Non Padded Cross Back Sports Bra White 38 B
Offered by La Isla

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality sports bra, 23 July 2015
This sports bra is a little different from others because it doesn't have what I call a "full back" (which I hate). I really like it because it is very comfortable, fits really well and holds its place when you're exercising in the gym - in fact you don't feel that you have it on. It tends to flatten your bust but you don't feel as though you're in a vice like some sports bras. I've given it 4 stars because I haven't put it through the wash which is always a test and I'm not convinced that it would be supportive enough for running, particularly if you are fairly large breasted. Certainly what I do in the gym it is more than adequate. I will be buying more once I'm satisfied that it washes well. For the money, very good value.

Nutri Ninja Pro Powerful Juice Extractor Juicer Blender BL480 (Recipes Incl)
Nutri Ninja Pro Powerful Juice Extractor Juicer Blender BL480 (Recipes Incl)
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smooth indeed!, 12 Jun. 2015
This has been a wonderful piece of equipment for me. I've always struggled to know what to eat at lunch time - yes you can make a sandwich but I wanted something more healthy without the calories. The Nutri Ninja Pro is very powerful with extremely sharp blades pulverizing everything to a very smooth consistency . Since I've had it I've made a number of savory (vegetable) smoothies and have thoroughly enjoyed them. You still need to plan ahead to have the ingredients but it's worthwhile. On the downside, it's a bit noisy, but you do get used it. I've also bought a number of recipe books which provide good ideas on what to make. Would definitely recommend it to someone who doesn't have a lot of time but want's to eat healthily.

Ageless with Kathy Smith: Staying Strong [DVD]
Ageless with Kathy Smith: Staying Strong [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kathy Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A great personal trainer at home, 28 April 2015
I haven't used the DVD yet because it only arrived on Sunday (I only ordered it late on Friday - well done Amazon). A number of years ago I used Kathy Smith DVDs and they were brilliant because she provides a wide selection of exercises and explains things very well. I go to the gym regularly but wanted something I could use at home in between gym sessions. This will fit my needs.

Russell Ladies Outdoor Fleece Jackets Gilet
Russell Ladies Outdoor Fleece Jackets Gilet
Offered by Outdoor Look

4.0 out of 5 stars ... blue and the other in wine) and I really like them. They are good quality, 18 Feb. 2015
I bought two of these gilllet fleeces (one in navy blue and the other in wine) and I really like them. They are good quality, have ample room under the armpit so that you can wear a jumper underneath if you want. I ordered the large size because I thought the medium would be too small for me as I'm a size 14-16 as many sellers would regard me as large. The large is for those who are between 18+ (it is a genuine large). As I do wear thicker layers underneath the gilllet, the sizing doesn't matter too much. They also wash well too.

JustIngredients Essential Black Pepper Coarse Ground Tub 600 g
JustIngredients Essential Black Pepper Coarse Ground Tub 600 g

5.0 out of 5 stars not the packet types which tend to spill easily. When I've finished my current stock, 8 Feb. 2015
I used to be able to buy ground coarse black pepper at my supermarket, but they've decided not to stock it anymore. I bought this because I have arthritis in my hands and as I use a lot of black pepper when I cook, it just makes it easier for me to use rather than a mill. This pepper is really fresh compared to what you get in the supermarket and you can actually taste the pepper and it also comes in a very practical tub, not the packet types which tend to spill easily. When I've finished my current stock, I will definitely be buying another tub.

CAT Footwear Women's Everyday 6" Brown Chukka Boots P306531 5 UK, 38 EU
CAT Footwear Women's Everyday 6" Brown Chukka Boots P306531 5 UK, 38 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Boots, 3 Feb. 2015
I had already read the reviews on these boots which is why I chose them. Most reviewers were saying that they were a bit on the large size and good for broad feet. I take a size 5 in shoes and my feet are broad so I ordered a size 5 in this boot and they fit perfectly with a thick sock. I have already got a pair of CAT boots which I had bought about 12 years ago and they are still in very good condition and I still use them but I don't like the colour anymore (bright tan). These boots are absolutely lovely to wear. They are quite high on the ankle which takes a little bit of getting used to but the fit and comfort are great as well as the warmth they provide. You feel completely connected to the ground with the cleated sole. It's been very icy and snowy here over the past few days and these boots have proved their worth. Fantastic value and would definitely recommend them for anyone who doesn't want to feel restricted in the bad weather.

Celebrations
Celebrations
by Baroness Claire Macdonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Many of the recipes are very easy to follow and to make, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Celebrations (Paperback)
This is a paperback book which I bought second hand because I was looking for a number of Claire Macdonald cook books. It is one of those cookery books which is different from others because it gives you ideas about celebrations held during the year whether it's for a small group or a crowd - it's about enjoying entertainment. Many of the recipes are very easy to follow and to make. These are not "thrown together recipes" which seem to be the trend these days. If you are on a budget then this is not the book for you as these recipes are specially for celebrations - christenings, anniversaries, NY, Christmas etc. I have already made a number of the recipes over the Christmas/NY period and they have all turned out very well. As with all of Claire's recipes, she adds suggestions as to what the recipe goes best with. The other thing I should mention is that there are no photographs but once you've read the recipe itself, it will give you a good understanding of what it should look like.

The Claire Macdonald Cookbook
The Claire Macdonald Cookbook
by Baroness Claire Macdonald

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive cook book, 5 Dec. 2014
This is a full cook book, covering all aspects of cooking and suitable for the beginner and the more experienced cook. I like the way she explains how things should look and what to avoid. The wide range of recipes for every occasion is really amazing and very comprehensive. I bought this second hand but I've always bought a number of her other books recently. The only down side is that there aren't enough pictures; however saying that, she describes the food so well you can visualize the end result.

JODA Pink With White Flower Shower Cap
JODA Pink With White Flower Shower Cap
Offered by John O'Donnell

5.0 out of 5 stars ... a number of these shower caps because they look nice and fresh and were reasonably priced, 27 Oct. 2014
I bought a number of these shower caps because they look nice and fresh and were reasonably priced. They are a good fit, not too tight. I have long hair and have it up when using a shower cap and this covers my hair completely not like some other shower caps which can be quite skimpy and barely cover your head.

Metaltex Plastic Coated Pisa Rolling Cart, 4 Baskets
Metaltex Plastic Coated Pisa Rolling Cart, 4 Baskets

5.0 out of 5 stars A good spice rack, 25 Sept. 2014
I bought this cart to be placed in my utility for all my spices. It does the job really well as there is sufficient space between each shelf and it keeps them all together which makes it easier to find, rather than rummaging through the cupboards. The good thing about it, is that it is very neat and tidy and you can see what you have. It was easy to assemble and you have the option of not using the casters. I put the casters on because it provides some height and it doesn't roll around. A good buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5