Profile for micheo@globalnet.co.uk > Reviews

Protection
Protection
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The most acomplished album I have ever heard, 20 April 2001
This review is from: Protection (Audio CD)
If I had this album on vinal rather than CD, the needle would have cut a groove so deep it would come through to the other side. I have played this album over and over and I have never tired of it. Simply put, it is a masterpiece. This album was one of the few I have listened to on the listening post at HMV before I bought it (I had only heard the one song, 'Unfinished Sympathy', prior to this album. Immediatelty I was transfixed by the enourmous bass lines of 'better things' and the angelic vocals of protection. 3 singers each with 2 songs apiece, and two instrumentals make this a varied, but coherent colaboration.
If I was to make one critisism, it is the dreadful cover of light my fire on the final track. What were they thinking of? I never let my CD play this song before I take it off.
This album has remained my favorite album of the 90's.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2012 8:25 AM BST

Pomme Fritz
Pomme Fritz
Offered by globalmovies

2.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing headswim sounds, 17 April 2001
This review is from: Pomme Fritz (Audio CD)
I will never feel comfortable in a chip shop again... This album is too scarey to be enjoyable unless you are the sort who likes to feel disorientated when you listen to music (and I use the term music in the broadest sense to encorporate this album). Still, it has got a certain something.
It may find its way into the hearts of 'Doctor Who sound effect lovers' - who knows?
But for me, it put me right off me fische and Pomme Fritz!