ARRAY(0xb2804078)

PT Fleece Rug Mediterranean Flower Patchwork
PT Fleece Rug Mediterranean Flower Patchwork
Price: 15.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Brighten up a plain room, 10 Nov 2010
This is a really nice bright, soft blanket which provides a nice splash of colour to my otherwise plain bedroom. It is a good size to spread over the top of a double duvet although it isn't big enough to drape all the way down the sides like a full size bedspread. I was a bit concerned the blanket might be too garish or even a bit tacky from the photo but I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. This is a great value item and I would happily recommend it to anyone on a budget and who can't afford to buy a proper patchwork cover.

Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes - Courage, Creativity & Willpower [DVD]
Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes - Courage, Creativity & Willpower [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive results, 17 July 2009
Background

I have never really done much in the way of yoga before and just decided one day to give it ago. I was drawn to kundalini yoga for some reason and I'm about to explain why. I've been doing the first DVD of this 3 DVD set for just over a week now and I'm feeling great. Prior to starting this set I was doing Maya's detox and destress DVD every day for three weeks and decided to expand my collection as I was so impressed.

DVD 1 - Courage

Before I go any further I would like to issue a slight warning with this DVD, the second day I started the DVD which focuses on the base chakra, I experienced terrible abdoninal pains. This turned out to be trapped wind! I feel my body basically went into turbo elimination mode which I wasn't physically quite ready for. I had to take two days off after to recover but missed the yoga so much I got straight back in as soon as I could. If you are looking for a yoga DVD that will improve your digestive system and unblock you so to speak, then this is the DVD for you!

I will be starting the second DVD in the set on Saturday so will report back after a couple of weeks using that daily. So far, I feel great despite the initial hiccup on day two which I intuitively felt was just my body's reaction to releasing the old energy etc! Just to be fair Maya does talk about how the yoga will effect your system but somehow I didn't really believe it would have such an effect on me.

DVD 2 - Creativity

I have just finished doing this DVD after 2 weeks and personally I found it the toughest workout so far. I honestly felt like giving up after day one as I found it really challenging. Thankfully I didn't give in and now I have got to the point where I would almost go so far as to say I find it easy! How do I feel after two weeks? Well in a nutshell, pretty darn good. I can't say I've noticed any additional physical changes or particular benefits other than my notorious sweet tooth has miraculously disappeared! I just don't crave anything sweet anymore which is most strange but it can only be a good thing that I have no desire to eat naughty things anymore. Another thing I have noticed is I'm feeling more myself and more able to be myself around all sorts of people. I'm naturally quite a shy person but I am finding an inner confidence and energy coming out which is very reassuring and quite surprising. I am more able to express myself. I will be starting the last DVD in this set tomorrow morning which I've had a sneaky peek at. Its all about releasing inner anger so that should be interesting! I'll keep you posted...

DVD 3 - Willpower

Two weeks after starting this DVD my life has really changed. Funnily enough I was concerned it would be even harder than 'Creativity' because of its name. Ironically I would say it was the easiest so far! Physically its very good for toning up the abdoninals (I have noticed a nice change there as has my husband) but just as you start to feel the burn Maya says take a deep breath and relax now. I think this DVD could be more challenging but after a couple of days I decided to really focus on each movement and made it more precise and therefore got a better work out. So rather than rush through this which is easy to do I recommend working at each of the movements so you get maximum benefit. You don't have to do them for long so you may as well do them properly I say. As for life changes, I have noticed my creativity has really begun to flow - this could be a delayed reaction to the previous DVD admittedly but I only noticed it a week into Willpower. I have also become a little more decisive and after months of faffing around, this week I finally launched my mobile energy healing service. This was partly triggered by the increase in energy I can feel coming from my hands since starting all the yoga which has given me more confidence in my own ability and the positive feedback I have been getting from my current clients. I also find it much easier to stay in my heart space and not get so flustered when things don't go to plan. All in all fantastic results! I am currently waiting for the Love & Truth DVD to arrive as it was supposed to be released on 17th and I preordered it but so far nothing has arrived. I think in the meantime I will go back to Maya's detox & detress DVD which is where I began with all this so hopefully it will remind me of how far I have come on this exciting journey. Sat Nam...

25/03/2010: I just want to add into this review that shortly after I started with these DVDs I fell pregnant after 5 months of trying for a baby. Interestingly working back to the actual date of conception, I discovered it was during the three weeks I was using the Creativity DVD (Sacral Chakra - which relates to the sexual organs) that it happened - an added benefit perhaps and one I felt worth mentioning to anyone who feels blocked in this area and/or is trying for a baby. Its now 9 months on since I started my daily yoga practice and I'm 33 weeks pregnant. I am still able to do the yoga (mainly focusing on the Throat Chakra DVD - Truth) as this isn't too vigorous given my current condition. I honestly feel amazing, not tired like so many people at this stage of pregnancy and have had no morning sickness. I am positively addicted to this daily practice now. If you are serious about mastering your mind and your body and changing your life for the better I seriously recommend you get stuck into all of Maya's DVDs!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2012 1:23 PM BST

Kundalini Yoga to Detox & Destress [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Kundalini Yoga to Detox & Destress [DVD] [2006] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Maya Fiennes
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 4.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive and powerful, 1 July 2009
There is not much to add to the other reviews on here as most of them are so positive but I did want to say I am totally addicted to this DVD! To put this into context, I am really not a morning person and yet somehow the thought of doing this DVD has enabled me to effortlessly ease out of bed at 6.15am for the last few days straight.

I would like to add, if like me you struggle with traditional meditation then this DVD is an active form of meditation. In other words your mind has no choice but to focus on your movement/breath and therefore it slips into a lovely focused state with very little mental effort on your part.

There is also something beautifully serene about the way this DVD just flows and I find myself happily being in the moment (even when the moment is a little uncomfortable because I am pushing myself) and I never want to rush to the end. The workout always leaves me clear minded and relaxed for my working day which as a fundraiser for a busy charity, I haven't felt so relaxed as I have these past few days in a long time. Thank you Maya.

Orgasmatron
Orgasmatron

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 17 Jan 2009
This review is from: Orgasmatron (Toy)
I bought this as a gift for my husband as I had tried out a different version and really enjoyed it. The Orgasmatron is not relaxing by any stretch of the imagination which is probably why the product is no longer available on amazon! The spokes are thick and inflexible so they don't adjust to the contours of your head basically gouging yout scalp instead - not comfy as I say. As a free alternative I recommend using your hands especially if you have long nails!

Barbara Currie - 7 Secrets of Yoga [DVD]
Barbara Currie - 7 Secrets of Yoga [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for fitting in with your daily routine, 4 Jan 2005
Barbara Currie is an inspiration to us all. Her teaching style is both natural and helpful. I particularly like the way the video is divided in to 7 10-minute sections for different areas of the body. This is ideal for slotting in around everyday life. I did this video in three sessions almost everyday for 3 months and felt brilliant for it. There is a invigorating morning routine to help you get started for the day followed by sections for tums, bums and thighs. The final sections are ideal to do just before bed. Barbara also talks about the seven secrets of yoga which are very useful to listen to before you start to help motivate you. I warn you though, it does get addictive if you practise regularly.

Thoughts for the Day
Thoughts for the Day
by Charles Handy
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly inspirational collection of thoughts, 17 Feb 2004
I was first introduced to books by Charles Handy during my University degree course and I have to admit I wasn't overly inspired by his writing style. However, when I saw this tape collection, it immediately grabbed me. Both cassettes are packed with thought-provoking sincere tales which encourage you to question everyday experiences we often ignore or take for granted. Whether it's at work, relationships or personal development, there is something for everyone here. With occasional religious references, I didn't find this an overly Christian-orientated view on life but more a spiritual glance at Handy's persoanl beliefs and more importantly where they came from. As a business professor, he comes across as very logical and yet open and honest about the challenges he has faced throughout his life so far, including how the death of his father helped transform his life. Overall, this is a very deep, yet simple and straightforward collection of thoughts and experiences which most people would benefit from thinking about.