Profile for Michael Ansley > Reviews

Michael Ansley

Page: 1 | 2
Hahnel HL-E6 Li-ion 7.2V 1650mA Battery Canon Type Replacement for Canon
Hahnel HL-E6 Li-ion 7.2V 1650mA Battery Canon Type Replacement for Canon

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a good replacement for original batteries, 24 May 2015
Delivered on time, product as described, this is a good replacement for original batteries. My second purchase of this product

Tigra Sport BikeConsole PowerPlus Weatherproof Charger Case Cover 2,800 mAh Battery Handlebar Bike Mount for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Workable casing for a phone, 12 Mar. 2014
This casing for my Galaxy S4 works well, keeping it secured to my bike and ensuring that it doesn't get damaged by falls or shaking. It's been out for a few trips already and although I haven't fallen, I have been over some rough terrain and it's managed great. Mine has an additional battery, and although I have charged it up, not sure yet how to ensure that it's charging the phone. I don't seem to have read the right instructions on that yet.
With regard to the front screen, which is advertised as allowing you to use your fingers to use the phone while it's inside the casing, this certainly works. The phone is a little less sensitive than it would be otherwise, but there is certainly no problem with using it, even with typing, which requires some precision. The only problem that I have found is that when wearing cycling gloves that have stitching allowing for the use of a touch phone while wearing the gloves, I can't use the phone inside the casing. It seems that the gloves and the casing together simply make it too difficult for the phone to detect the finger touch. Not surprising, considering everything, but it means that I must take my glove off in order to use the phone at all. Not a huge problem, all things considered.
Overall, I'm very happy with this kit and I would recommend it to anyone considering purchasing it.

Clocks (feat. Coldplay) (Latin V2 Remix)
Clocks (feat. Coldplay) (Latin V2 Remix)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great twist on something worth listening to, 31 Jan. 2014
This is a great version of Clocks, set at a great pace to practice salsa. Loving it, and so is my 11-year-old daughter.

72mm Lens Cap For Canon Digital Camera
72mm Lens Cap For Canon Digital Camera
Offered by Scotdigital

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, does the job, 8 Jan. 2014
This is a pretty simple piece of kit, but just works. Very happy to be able to get a replacement after I lost the cap that came with the lens. Delivered on time, no problems with the vendor.

Square Permit Holder with tax disc holder-Clear PVC
Square Permit Holder with tax disc holder-Clear PVC

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me..., 8 Dec. 2013
It's difficult to "love" something that is a utility, but this works well. Keeps my tax and parking discs properly arranged in the car. Very happy not to have multiple sticker thingies or spare bits of paper rustling around.

Headset Buddy: PC Computer Headset to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter (PH35-PC35)
Headset Buddy: PC Computer Headset to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter (PH35-PC35)
Offered by Long Tail Products (HeadsetBuddy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great enabler, 29 Oct. 2013
I was never able to use my phone wired headset (the one that usually comes with the phone) with my computer as well, because of different sockets. This simple piece of kit means that I no longer have to carry around large headphones, and can use my headphones with multiple devices. Very happy. I recommend this connector if you have a laptop/computer with separate sound/mic sockets and you want to use a standard 3.5mm phone headset. Works a charm.

25 Litre Biodegradable & Compostable Bin Liners or Biobags - roll 25
25 Litre Biodegradable & Compostable Bin Liners or Biobags - roll 25
Offered by DF Sales Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Biodegradable trash management, 29 Oct. 2013
It seems kind of pointless to try recycling as much waste as possible and then aggressively managing the non-recyclable waste... and then holding all the non-recyclable waste in something that is going to take many years to degrade. Glad to be able to use something that makes sense. They're a little softer than full-on plastic, but for the reduced environmental cost, it's worth it.

Duracell AA 2000 mAh Stay Charged Batteries - 4 Pack
Duracell AA 2000 mAh Stay Charged Batteries - 4 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Rechargeable power when you need it, 29 Oct. 2013
Previously gave up on rechargeable batteries as the charge leakage was too high and they didn't last too long after charging. In order to be useful, batteries generally need to be charged when they are emptied, not when they need to be used. These batteries solve the problem, and having a small stack of them ready for use means that I'm not constantly looking around for batteries. Very happy, recommended if you use a lot of battery-powered devices.

Mini Odour Free Compost Caddy
Mini Odour Free Compost Caddy
Offered by homeshop3000

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine addition to the waste processing, 29 Oct. 2013
I spent a while looking around for a caddy for the kitchen which was small enough to unobtrusively be readily available for throwing away fresh waste. This is about the best size I could find, given that I live alone (I can imagine that fuller homes may require slightly larger space). The one disappointment is that the lid is not hinged. This makes it slightly more difficult to drop waste in with one hand. It's not a deal-breaker, but it would have been easier to use. I only discovered this after using it, so no complaint with the manufacturer, but it would be nice to have an optional hinge to use. Apart from that, I'm very happy with it.

Pack of 6 Compost Caddy Odour Filters
Pack of 6 Compost Caddy Odour Filters
Offered by Garden Selections

4.0 out of 5 stars Good odour removal, 29 Oct. 2013
Ordered these for the Compost Caddy, expecting that they would reduce, but not completely eliminate the smell. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of smell around the kitchen. The odour remains inside the caddy except when opening it to put fresh waste. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2