Profile for T. Josham > Reviews

Content by T. Josham

T. Josham "toby1995" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Apollo Rb Bread Bin Roll top
Apollo Rb Bread Bin Roll top
Offered by SelectiveGoods

1.0 out of 5 stars absolute rubbish, 6 Mar 2013
This fell apart when it was delivered. It is held together with small tacks and I thought I could knock it back together. Unfortunately it fell apart again shortly after and is now held together with larger tacks that I had to put it.

There is also a gap between the roll top and the top of the bread bin of approx 1inch. This bread bin is not going to keep the flies out in the summer
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2013 7:03 PM GMT

Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
by Sgt. Dan Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding true story, 28 Oct 2009
This is not the sort of book I go for but I was at an airport and fancied something different and I am glad I picked this one up.

Arriving for a "peace keeping" mission in Iraq the PWRR end up in one of the biggest fights the British army has faced since the Korean war. Sgt Dan Mills takes the reader right in there, you can feel the heat and hear the bullets flying. Whether you agree with the war or not it's impossible not to admire the bravery of the soldiers on the ground.

And I guarantee you'll feel the rush when Buz the "Royal Marine" calls in the airstrike when British base is under siege and the mortars are flying.

Clockers
Clockers
by Richard Price

5.0 out of 5 stars damn good read, 23 Aug 2008
This review is from: Clockers (Paperback)
I read this book a while back and loved it. I was woried when I heard they were making the film, being a huge fan of US crime/cop tv shows I thought they had miscast it, but the movie was good, not as good as the book but it never is.
If you like gritty crime drama with top dialogue check this book

The Hills Have Eyes (2006) [DVD]
The Hills Have Eyes (2006) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Bailey Smith
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Not scarey, just violent, 23 Jun 2007
I love a good horror. The problem is, this isn't one. The level of sadistic nasty violence and lack of tension just leaves a bad taste. There is a little atmosphere which gets the movie 2 stars but overall only watch if you like this kind of gore and you can't find anything better.

The Killing Kind
The Killing Kind

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 23 Jun 2007
This review is from: The Killing Kind (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book but something ruined the end for me. My copy included the first chapter of the next book. I didn't know this as I'm not in the habit of checking the end of the book I'm reading. Therefore, when I got to the big climatic sceen I thought there were still 30 pages to go which must mean several plot twists and surprises.

You can imagine how disappointed I was on turning the page to find out it was all over. To be fair I was enjoying the book so much that I didn't want it to end no matter how badly I wanted to see the bad guys get what's coming to them.

Dark Hollow (Coronet books)
Dark Hollow (Coronet books)

4.0 out of 5 stars getting better, 23 Jun 2007
John Connolly's books came highly recomended to me but I have to say I was disappointed with Every Dad Thing. I decided to stick with them though and I'm glad I did. Dark Hollow is a creepy, atmospheric page-turner.

Devil in a Blue Dress (Five Star)
Devil in a Blue Dress (Five Star)
by Walter Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as Chandler, 9 April 2007
I love the Big Sleep, I've read the book almost as many times as I've seen the film and that's a lot and Devil in a Blue Dress runs it a close 2nd.

Easy Rawlins is a great central character but it's Mouse who steals the show. He reminds me in principal of Joe Pesci's characters in GoodFellas or Casinio. Charming, charasmatic and murderously psychotic.

The setting is perfect and there are enough twists to keep the pages turning.

A must read for any fans of the genre.

Little Scarlet
Little Scarlet
by Walter Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Top form, 9 April 2007
This review is from: Little Scarlet (Paperback)
I'm a huge fan of the Easy Rawlins series and this is right up there with the best. Don't get me wrong, nothing will ever beat Devil in a Blue Dress but this comes close.

Walter Mosley uses his central character Ezekiel "Easy" Rawlins to chart modern American history and social upheavals and this story is set against the background of the Watts riots in LA in 1965.

Easy Rawlins is such a well rounded character that you can't help feeling his moral struggle to do what's right.

Talladega Nights [DVD] [2006] [2007]
Talladega Nights [DVD] [2006] [2007]
Dvd ~ Will Ferrell
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it should have been, 9 April 2007
There were some laugh out loud moments but over all the movie left a disapointing aftertaste.

Sacha Baron Cohens character had no funny lines at all and what's the point of getting someone like him to act in your movie and then give him nothing funny to say?

I guess his character Jean Girard is meant to be annoying but without jokes it's just annoying.

I love Will Farell, Ron Burgundy is one of the funniest movies of recent times but this film was disapointing.

Every Dead Thing
Every Dead Thing

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, 17 Nov 2006
This review is from: Every Dead Thing (Paperback)
This book came highly recommended and I was really looking forward to it. John Connolly can certainly write and the central characters are memorable enough but I'm inclined to agree with GJ Weaver, was there really a need for gang warfare and shoot-outs in a thriller about a serial killer? These didn't seem wholely neccessary to the plot and just seemed to be thrown in for a quick thrill and to increase the body count. Some editing would have been well worth while here I feel.

I am going to read The Dark Hollow next but I am hoping for more.

Page: 1 | 2