Profile for jethro > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Falcon Enamel 22cm Round Pie Dish Cream
Falcon Enamel 22cm Round Pie Dish Cream
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

5.0 out of 5 stars This makes awesome pies, the metal is thick enough to hold ..., 10 Jan. 2015
This makes awesome pies, the metal is thick enough to hold its heat but thin enough to nicely cook the base.
I have a few stoney/clay type pie dishes and they don't get used anymore. A few soggy bottoms to many in the past.....

I rub some butter around the inside this Falcon pie dish, place my shortcrust pastry in it and blind bake.
I make sure the pastry goes over the edge of the pie dish as it shrinks a bit while in the oven. Easily trimmed off.
Wait to cool, then chuck in the cooled filling and pop a shortcrust lid on the top.

Plonk in the oven for about 40 mins and then the best bit is that the pie turns out of the tin, every time and the base is never soggy.

Really easy to clean as well, after my pie has been devoured by my horde, I whack it into the dishwasher and it is spotless after. To be honest, the only mess left in the pie dish is some slightly browned butter, which is easy to clean off.

I have 3 of these tins, and I make three pies. One for the oven and two for the freezer. Leave to defrost and these frozen pies are just as nice.

The pie dish is deep enough to provide a nice amount of filling and it would easily give enough pie for 5 at dinner.

Don't think as it is made of metal that they don't break, I launched one across the kitchen and it hit the edge of my sideboard. One dent and the enamel flaked off, but totally my fault for losing my temper.

I originally ordered one of these, I broke it, missed it and now have 3, hence the 5 stars.

Disney Infinity Character - Anna (Xbox 360/PS3/Nintendo Wii/Wii U/3DS)
Disney Infinity Character - Anna (Xbox 360/PS3/Nintendo Wii/Wii U/3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite figure, 10 Jan. 2015
I have a few Infinity figures and Anna is my favorite, for one simple reason: her spade.

My children call it the spade of death as I chase after them and clout them with it. The sound effect of the spade smacking some one is just straight out of an episode of the Young Ones and makes it even more fun.

The spade is her close up attack, and it works well. Smack, Smack and Smack and then the enemy gets sent flying.

Her grappling hook is not so good, its range is not very far but when you hit someone with it, you can pull them to you. Cue more screams from my kids, they escape the spade to get pulled back again.

At this point you are thinking I am mean to torment my kids in this way, but it has taught a 4 year old to block in the game to stop the spade killing him, and also Anna can't fly so that my kids can fly off and escape.

Anna's special move is useless as it is a ground slam option, that all the other characters have in their close range skill tree. (4 skill trees to spend points on as you level up - health, ranged, close up and special move). She even says in the game that she has no magical powers.

You can spend points to make her walk faster.

The figure is well made, it is a Disney Toy so high quality is expected and I have not been let down on that regard.

Anna can only be used in the toybox mode of play, and my little girls (aged 6 and 8) quite often play with Anna, so Santa did well with this figure at Xmas.

ABUS 70IB/45  Aquasafe Padlock, Non-Corrosive
ABUS 70IB/45 Aquasafe Padlock, Non-Corrosive

5.0 out of 5 stars One year and still easy to open, 1 May 2014
I have this locking my shed door and it sits in the open and gets battered by the rain.

I ordered this over a year ago after my old padlock rusted up. I used to have to beat the lock a few times with a block of wood before it would open, and when my shed window cracked I ordered this lock.

The lock seals well with its rubbery seals doing a good job of keeping the water at bay.

It is smooth to operate after a year and I would gladly buy another one.

Laundary Master 115 x 35 cm Small Cotton and Foam Plus Felt Backing Ironing Board Cover, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick to fit, nice to use........., 1 May 2014
I needed a 93cm by 33cm replacement cover, but couldn't find one.
I measured my ironing board but included the iron tray that wasn't covered by my old cover and it came to 115cm., up from 93cm.

A new search came up with this cover, and I ordered it.

The cover has a drawstring and three velco straps attached.

Fitting was fairly easy. I roughly offered it up, used the 3 velcro straps to hold it in place then pulled on the draw strings.

A spot of readjustment and I made sure the drawstring, which goes all around the outside edge of the cover, was on the underside of my ironing board all the way around. I then pulled like mad on the drawstring and tied it off, then tightened up the velcro straps.

Job done.

It looks good and it is really nice to iron on. Mind you, my old ironing board cover was one of those cheap silver ones and if my dog didn't have a habit of munching on ironing boards I wouldn't have to have ordered a replacement cover.................

Urbanz ZIPCPK Zip Multi-device Stereo Headphone - Pink
Urbanz ZIPCPK Zip Multi-device Stereo Headphone - Pink
Offered by DiscountDiscs

1.0 out of 5 stars Got 3 sets at xmas, none work now..., 31 Jan. 2014
My sister got 3 of these headsets (2 pink and 1 blue) for my horde at xmas. They looked ideal and seemed well made and I was happy with them.

None are working now, the first broke on Boxing day. The horde got tablets for xmas and these headsets looked awesome when my kids first put them on.

The problem is where the wire goes into the headphone plug is not the best. You have to wiggle the cable until it decides it is in the right position, and then will fire up the headphone speakers. At first it was just in certain positions but then slowly it just failed to output any sound at all.

One dodgy headset is unlucky, 3 is just bad. I gave these to a 5 and 7 year old girl, the main market I feel for all things pink and feel that a pink headset should last longer than a month.

1 star, and I really feel that the look and feel of these headphones...................

DELL PA-3E - AC Adapter 19.5V 90W includes power cable
DELL PA-3E - AC Adapter 19.5V 90W includes power cable
Offered by fippar france

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 29 Jan. 2014
My second charger for my trusty old laptop died and it was a cheap replacement like this one. The connector into the laptop died where the wire turns into the plug.

This charger looks better than that one, and it appears to be well made.

I was worried by the other reviews but am pleased with this charger, after all, it charges my laptop!

Tala Spatulas, Set of 3
Tala Spatulas, Set of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 nicely made spatulas, 15 Oct. 2013
These are nicely made, have no rough edges and have a fairly sharp (for a spatula) edge that helps to scratch off food that sticks to the bottom off the pan.

They are of a nice size and they are made of a very pale wood, that I am slowly turning a darker colour.....

Cheap and quickly delivered, so 5 stars all the way.

STAEDTLER Noris Design Tub Sharpener
STAEDTLER Noris Design Tub Sharpener

3.0 out of 5 stars When the blade goes blunt..., 17 Sept. 2013
I got this and it did a very good job of making my pencils nice and pointy.

As I am a student, I tend to write and draw quite a bit. Over the year I have had this sharpener, the blade has gone blunt and it now rips chunks out of the pencil as I twist it in the sharpener.

I tend to try and fix things rather than binning them and buying a replacement, and I tried to find a new blade for this and couldn't so this now sits there while I have gone back to using a sharp knife.

Buy and expect to have to bin it when it goes blunt. Why can't Staedtler make it easy to buy some spare blades????
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 12:09 PM BST

ebertSankey 10-Litre Standard Can (Green)
ebertSankey 10-Litre Standard Can (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars It waters my lawn....., 17 Sept. 2013
I order this with trepidation due to the reviews, but for the amount it cost with next day delivery, I gave it a punt.

It watered my grass seeds every day until the grass was at a nice height and the warm spell ended with a return to the normal English rain. It has a nice shower pattern that was gentle with my newly seeded lawn.

The rose didn't fall off once and it has survived my kids bashing it about. I went to B and Q and failed to find a watering can as good as this.

I am still shocked by the fact that this came in a huge box, cost under a tenner and I got "free" next day delivery with Amazon Prime, how they make a profit I have no idea.

It was also good for getting my kids wet, they will try and get me while I am watering the lawn and the rose nicely puts down a shower right over their heads.............

Corgi Toys 1:72 Scale Flight Red Arrow Bae Hawk Die Cast Aircraft
Corgi Toys 1:72 Scale Flight Red Arrow Bae Hawk Die Cast Aircraft

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't give this to a 3 year old..., 17 Sept. 2013
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got my son this for his third birthday, not a wise move as it hurts when the plane is poked into your back, arm, leg or face. The ends of the wings are sharp....

The canopy fell off and the tail planes bend easily, as do the wing tips.

On the bright side, my son loved it and took it around with him everywhere for 2 weeks.

As a model it is well made, detailed right down to the explosive cord on the canopy and if given to an older child but be a nice gift for them. For a 3 year old, not a wise move.

The delivery company sent this to the wrong house and I had to ring up Amazon and complain that it was late (Amazon Prime, next day delivery). They never found out which house it was sent to, I was not left a card to tell me, so Amazon sent another one out which I got the next day. That happened as I brought this directly from Amazon, the 2 cars I ordered through Amazon Marketplace took longer to be refunded.......

I can't fault this plane, it isn't meant for a 3 year old so I will give it 5 stars for its target market. Zero stars for a toddler!!!!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7