Profile for Mrs. R. Collins > Reviews

Content by Mrs. R. Collins

Mrs. R. Collins "beckycollins77" (Surrey, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Duplicate
The Duplicate

2.0 out of 5 stars Short and weird, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Duplicate (Kindle Edition)
I'm not quite sure what to make of this book! It felt very half-hearted, and lacked a lot of detail that would have made the story clearer. It felt like the outline of a book rather than the finished story, although the premise was interesting. A bit confused and too many gaps.

The Cry
The Cry

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read SPOILER ALERT, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Cry (Kindle Edition)
I'm glad the nasty Alistair got his comeuppance, but I wanted the truth to come out! I've read far too many books with disappointing endings recently, and this is yet another. I just feel they're rushed, to fit into a word quota or something!?

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing end, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
A slow confusing start, dull middle, then suddenly I was totally gripped at the twist, but it slowly tapered out to a deeply unsatisfying and lazy conclusion. A real disappointment - I hope the film adaption is an improvement!

We Were Liars
We Were Liars

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down!, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Kindle Edition)
This is the most enjoyable holiday read I've had in some time - I read it from start to finish in a day. I was behind, and didn't guess the ending, so I read the last few chapters with one hand over my mouth, gasping at regular intervals! A nice easy read, a good story, would highly recommend.

Anker® Screen Protector for Apple iPad Air iPad 5 [2-Pack] - Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Easily applied. Nice product., 26 Jun 2014
This is a nice middle range screen protector, really easily applied (steamy bathroom is the best location), doesn't affect screen performance whatsoever. Would purchase again.

Toddlers Girls Kids Summer Swimwear - Colourful Rainbow Layers AGE 2 3 4 5 6 7
Toddlers Girls Kids Summer Swimwear - Colourful Rainbow Layers AGE 2 3 4 5 6 7
Price: £11.50 - £12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, awful, awful!!, 24 Jun 2014
It's badly made, with terrible quality stitching on the inside that itches the wearer, but more importantly the straps are in the wrong place, so it doesn't fit comfortably. When the straps are straight on the shoulders, it doesn't sit right at the bottom. My daughter HATES it (I bought it as a replacement for a better-quality frilly swimming cossie she loved from last summer, which her little sister now sports) as she keeps having to adjust it at the bottom. Also the frills are not as long and pretty as in the picture. Cheap nasty product, should have figured it out from the price really.

It's going straight to a charity shop, buyer beware, this is NOT a good product!

E2G Case® PU Leather ipad 5 case, 360 Degree Rotating Stand Case Cover for The New iPad Air 5th generation (release Nov 2013) with free Stylus & Screen Protector - Blue
Offered by E2G Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT the bright blue pictured, 4 Jun 2014
This case is a dark navy blue, not the vibrant shade shown in the picture. It looks a nice quality, and it's a nice colour, but not what we were after.

HDE 10pc Anti-Dust Silicone Rubber Port Plugs for MacBooks (Blue)
HDE 10pc Anti-Dust Silicone Rubber Port Plugs for MacBooks (Blue)
Offered by HDE

3.0 out of 5 stars Some are a more snug fit than others on a MBP 13", 27 May 2014
The HDMI sits snugly and doesn't budge till you want it to, but the headphones and power supply one are constantly falling out.

Diabloskinz Vinyl Adhesive Skin Decal Sticker for 13 inch MacBook Pro with Retina - Anabella

5.0 out of 5 stars Diabloskinz wins again!, 27 May 2014
These are without a doubt the best electronic equipment decals out there. I've covered everything I own in them, and now my new laptop looks pretty too. I've had a lot of compliments, this one is particularly pretty, and keeps my husband off my laptop!

York 6kg Vinyl Kettlebell
York 6kg Vinyl Kettlebell

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks really smart, but it's HUGE, 27 May 2014
This review is from: York Vinyl Kettlebell (Sports)
This is a petite weight, but not a petite size, it makes swinging above the head quite an ordeal. I chose this as it's 2kg lighter than my PT's kettlebell, but I am having to adjust things slightly as this one is a bit more bulky size-wise.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9