Profile for Doug > Reviews

Content by Doug

Doug "doogal4" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
DELUXE UNISEX SHOULDER SUPPORT POSTURE BRACE, Antibacterial & LOW PROFILE.Size = LARGE / X.LARGE (Worldwide P&P only 99p) all other sizes available, just type into the search bar above " prolineonline" will show all other sizes and items available.
Offered by Prolineonline

4.0 out of 5 stars It works for me but not in the way I imagined it would., 14 Sep 2014
It works for me but not in the way I imagined it would.
I thought it would pull my shoulders back to correct a stoop, it does not. Instead it becomes uncomfortable when I stoop so I pull my shoulders back myself. This is better as I am training my own muscles for correction.
Wearing it now from morning to night, slightly uncomfortable under the arms (minus 1 star) but not a stopper.

J-B Plastic Weld Epoxy Putty
J-B Plastic Weld Epoxy Putty

5.0 out of 5 stars A very, very good buy., 11 Aug 2014
Arrived at the petrol pump and my filler cap door would not open - locking solenoid failed in the locked position - desperate. Had to force the plastic door trim open which broke its mounting lugs. Tried gluing it back on with epoxy which lasted about a week when it fell off. So I tried this epoxy putty and voila it works just like it says, plastic door trim still firmly attached after two months. It's so easy to use, cut a lump off, work it in the fingers until it's all one colour then press bits of it onto the mating surfaces. You can even apply lumps of it to surfaces that do not mate naturally so that a 'bridge anchor' is formed. No hurry, it will stay workable for about 25 minutes. A very, very good buy.

Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging
Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 32GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value product, 11 Aug 2014
Bought the 32gb version to add storage to my Galaxy S5. No problems, performs well, reads and writes flawlessly. Good value product.

ProCook Gourmet Non Stick Wok & Lid 28cm
ProCook Gourmet Non Stick Wok & Lid 28cm
Offered by ProCook

5.0 out of 5 stars You can feel the quality, 7 Aug 2014
Ordered on Sunday, delivered next day! First impressions are it's a really well-made, substantial wok. Used it to cook a chilli con carne on our gas hob, result excellent and needed only swilling under the hot tap to clean. The underside was unmarked and the inside looked unused. Comes with a ten year guarantee which shows the manufacturer's confidence in the item. Very pleased.

Ex-Pro® Easy-on Easy-Off Phone to Tripod Adapters for Samsung Galaxy S, S1, S2, S3, S, Note, Note 2 - Black
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem, 6 Aug 2014
It's always difficult to hold mobile phones steady when taking photos. This adapter holds my Galaxy S5 and protector case firmly and, attached to a hand-held mini tripod, I can shoot blur-free pics.

30" Extra Large Black Travel Sports Weekend Business Big Carry Holdall Luggage Bag
Offered by more4bagz

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Who's bag?, 6 Aug 2014
Held my wife's and my clothes plus the usual extras and accessories for a 5 night vacation with room to spare. Handy external and internal pockets, strong material, comfortable handles and great value.

GP Recyko AAA Rechargeable NiMH Batteries (Card of 4)
GP Recyko AAA Rechargeable NiMH Batteries (Card of 4)
Offered by Go Green Batteries UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best, 23 July 2014
I have bought about 30 of these Recyko AAs and AAAs over the last 2 years and thrown out all the other types. They do exactly as described - extremely long charged shelf life and verified capacity. I do have a sophisticated charger that confirms their capacity as stated. I recently used a set of 4 AAAs that I had charged about 6 months ago, checked them on the charger first and each one showed over 90% capacity remaining. This is as good as it gets!

Zmax v5 Mod Kit (Stainless Steel)
Zmax v5 Mod Kit (Stainless Steel)
Offered by Sparks e-cigarettes

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Vape Machine for me, 20 July 2014
Reviews of anything to do with vaping tend to be subjective like reviews of cigarettes, cars and mobile phones. I will try to make this one as objective as I can but in the end one's own tastes and preferences will always prevail.

I've been a vapor for four years, starting with the little pre-filled cartridges on small battery sticks up to lately with an Aspire Nautilus on an ITaste MVP. I like to configure the MVP to my taste with different juices and atomizers and even with the time of day. The problem was after four month's use the MVP's 510 threads were stripped and could not hold the Nautilus tank, (or any of my other tanks), so I looked around for a device within my price range that comes with stainless steel 510 threads and found that only the ZMAX fits this bill. (There are some similarly equipped devices costing over £100).

`Sparks e-cigarettes' supplied my ZMAX via `Fulfilled by Amazon' and I haven't had it long so these are first impressions but if it continues to perform as it does now I will be more than pleased. It's light considering it's made of stainless steel. It's comfortable to hold whether extended or not and looks `cool' compared with the MVP (my wife's quote). It exudes quality and manufacturing precision, the telescopic tubes screw together effortlessly without side play and my 510 tanks sit solidly on the top without `wobble'. The firing button is positioned where I can comfortably use first, second finger or thumb. The button needs only a light touch yet it feels precise.
It took me about 10 minutes to come to terms with the menu after which I did not have to refer to the instructions. I am amazed at how simple a single-button menu system can be, it's very well thought out. The OLED menu screen is a bonus over LCD screens, being precisely focused and as easy to read in bright sunlight as in the dark.

To summarise the pros for me:
Precision-made.
Feel of quality.
Stainless steel connection threads.
Simple one-button menu.
Twelve months guarantee (compare this with other other vaping devices).

Cons:
I can't think of any. The only improvement I can foresee is that eventually a device will come along that works by voice recognition.

UPDATE:
Well, it vaped superbly for 10 days then the firing button jammed in solid so I returned it for a refund, great pity. Since then I have bought another V5 from a different source and the firing button seems more 'clicky' and travels further when pressed. I guess the first one was assembled on a Friday afternoon?

Heavy Duty Bug Blind,Strip Blind/Fly Blind-90cm wide -CITRUS- Complete With Screw In Fitting Hooks For Wooden Door frames
Offered by Holland Plastics (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and looks good, 19 July 2014
We've had several of the cheaper blinds over the years but none of them has lasted more than a few weeks before gradually disintegrating. The quality of this one promises years of use. The strips are made of a heavy plastic material so they hang straight and never tangle. Quick and easy to fit to the door frame, effective and looks good.

STAGG plastic Kazoo - 1C-SR-HP
STAGG plastic Kazoo - 1C-SR-HP
Offered by PlayRecord Net

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 18 July 2014
Solidly made, very loud, takes all the punishment that three-year-old grandkids can throw at it and still performs like new.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10