Profile for Doug > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Lighting EVER CREE LED Torches, Super Bright, Adjustable Focus
Lighting EVER CREE LED Torches, Super Bright, Adjustable Focus

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 12 Nov 2013
This torch has the brightest beam I have ever seen in all but big, commercial types. It's a wonder as the item itself is smaller than my hand. When the supplied batteries die I will use rechargeable reCykos, I guess useful life will be 40 minutes per charge which is ample for my needs of about 5 minutes per day. One word of warning, don't shine the beam in anyone's eyes, it really is that bright. So many electrical and electronic items are becoming smaller and smaller these days, perhaps the next evolution in torches will be a thimble-like device that fits on the end of a finger, just point and say "Light" and it does!

Morphy Richards Never Loses Suction Complete Clean 73415 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 1200 Watt - White

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't see how it could be any better, 24 Oct 2013
This replaced our ageing Dyson. Before using it for the first time we vacuumed the lounge carpet with the Dyson then we repeated with this one and almost filled the canister! In fairness, the performance boost is probably down to the Dyson's rotating brushes being worn after 5 years' use, however, the Morphy Richards scores higher on a number of points. It is lighter and therefore easier to maneuver. In 'lift away canister mode' it functions like a hand-held, battery-powered cleaner but with the suction force of a mains-powered unit. A Dyson costs more than twice as much.

The owner's manual booklet is one of the best, most clearly-written set of instructions I have seen.
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but this Morphy Richards comes with a 5-year guarantee, you just have to register it on their website. Details are on the back page of the booklet.

Cleaning the filters is simple, they are easy to access. The Hepa filter should be cleaned every 3 months and Morphy Richards recommend that the pre-motor filters are cleaned after each emptying of the canister. These are squeezed under cold running water then left to dry naturally, in our case overnight.

Having only recently purchased the cleaner I can't comment on its long-term reliability but the 5-year warranty indicates the manufacturer's confidence.

Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio
Roberts R9993 3-Band Portable Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 16 Oct 2013
This little radio is a revelation. It replaced a DAB radio where the sound quality had deteriorated over the years and I wasn't expecting the Roberts to be up to the DAB when new. I was wrong. The sound quality of the Roberts belies its size. Tuning is precise too with no drifting. I use 4 x rechargeable AAs and they seem to go on for ever.
Recommended.

HooToo®, Photoelectronic smoke alarm detector with red LED
HooToo®, Photoelectronic smoke alarm detector with red LED

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 16 Oct 2013
No problems, well constructed (not flimsy), has the 'feel' of an upmarket alarm. Triggered by heat and/ or smoke, tested and worked OK for me. A definite bargain.
NOTE: the item description does not state that a battery is supplied, well it is. The battery comes already in the battery compartment but with a clear plastic insulating sleeve which has to be removed before replacing the battery.
Recommended.

GP 2000mAh AA ReCyko Rechargeable Ni-Mh Batteries 4 Pack
GP 2000mAh AA ReCyko Rechargeable Ni-Mh Batteries 4 Pack
Offered by DiscountDiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says..., 13 Aug 2013
My sixth pack of these over the last year, mainly for grandkids' toys. The charge lasts for ages, just as described.

Pack of 12 white pure cotton mens handkerchiefs / hankies
Pack of 12 white pure cotton mens handkerchiefs / hankies

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 6 Feb 2013
Not quite as advertised by Wholesale Interiors - there were 13 in the pack! Nothing wrong with these, supple enough to use at once without the need to wash them first. Recommended.

Bulldog Original Face Wash 175ml (Pack of 2)
Bulldog Original Face Wash 175ml (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 3 Feb 2013
I'm really happy with this product, it leaves the skin feeling smooth and fresh and at a lower price than its better-known competitors'. It has one other advantage that I didn't realise until I read another review - it doesn't leave the skin feeling 'tight' as my previous moisturiser did. Recommended.

Bulldog Original Moisturiser 100ml
Bulldog Original Moisturiser 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 Feb 2013
I have used Nivia moisturizer for years, it has always done the job but the price has increased by more than inflation so I looked around for an alternative and found Bulldog. It works just as well as Nivia for me and at a third of the price per ml it's a no-brainer. What a great find!

LINDY 3.5mm Stereo Jack Headphone Splitter Cable with Volume Control
LINDY 3.5mm Stereo Jack Headphone Splitter Cable with Volume Control
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 19 Dec 2012
I bought this to use with wired and wireless headphones together when we are watching TV late at night and it does the job perfectly. An added bonus is that the volume can be actually higher through both headphones than when directly connected which is weird as the splitter is a passive device, perhaps it's something to do with impedance matching. The individual volume controls turn smoothly and neither affects the volume of the other one.
The item comes with a two-year warranty which inspires confidence and the splitter feels like it is made with care. The headphone plugs fit tightly into the sockets with a satisfying click.
Yes, it's not cheap but I guess you get what you pay for.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine, 7 Dec 2012
I've bought two of these, for the price they are a bargain. Genuine OEM item, solid build, easy to plug in/ unplug. These replace two of the nondescript white triangular-shaped usb chargers which failed after a couple of months. One I use intermittently to charge my Kindle and Samsung mobile, the other is on all the time feeding power to an audio preamplifier. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10