Profile for Anthony V Carter > Reviews

CAR VAN TYRE TIRE PUNCTURE REPAIR KIT WITH 10 STRIPS
CAR VAN TYRE TIRE PUNCTURE REPAIR KIT WITH 10 STRIPS
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not used yet - but looks similar to other kits I have used - should be fine, 19 May 2014
This kit was a little more expensive than others I have bought and used, but it came with a craft knife and a little bag to keep it all together, plus it had more strips that the other kit.

Whether you trust these repair kits as a permanent fix or just a "get you out of bother handy to have" they are very worth while.

I've now fixed 4 punctures using this method and the oldest has so far lasted a year. Each time the fix was done without removing the wheel or deflating the tyre (as I caught it in time) in less than 5 minutes. Some say there is a risk of blow out but I doubt it, unless you try and fix too large a puncture, or run the tyre flat for too long, otherwise its more likely that you will just get a slow leak.

I'd add a tube of rubber solution to the kit as this lubes the needle as it enters the tyre.

Switched-On Bach
Switched-On Bach

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I "found" this again., 16 May 2014
This review is from: Switched-On Bach (Audio CD)
Bought the original 1968 album after being introduced to Carlos' music in A Clockwork Orange and foolishly gave it away when I switched to CDs. BBC Radio 6's recent celebration of electronic music reminded me of the album, which I bought. Its still as fresh as it was over 40 years ago but now I can enjoy anywhere.

TRIXES 2 Port Socket Car Cigarette Lighter USB Adaptor
TRIXES 2 Port Socket Car Cigarette Lighter USB Adaptor
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 15 May 2014
Nice little adapter, with 2 USB charger sockets, so very versatile. Looks well made and so far is doing the job..

Bosch AHS 52 Accu Cordless Hedgecutter (52 cm Blade) 2 x 14.4 Volt NiCD Batteries

1.0 out of 5 stars Batteries Failed after a very short time, 30 April 2014
I probably used this hedge trimmer less than 30 times and charged each of the batteries less than a dozen times in around 2 years and now they last only a few seconds each. I've got quite a few bits of cordless kit and I've never seen anything so bad. I opened up one battery pack and they look cheap and nasty and made in China, each cell one is cased in a cardboard tube.Two new Bosch batteries will cost more than the hedge trimmer did. I can get a compatible for 30 but will it be any better?
I used to think Bosch was good and reliable, but I'm not buying their stuff any more, its not as good as it used to be and if its made in China, I might as well get cheap Chinese to start with.

GadgetpoolUK Car Auto Motorcycle Tubeless Tire Tyre Puncture Repair Kit
GadgetpoolUK Car Auto Motorcycle Tubeless Tire Tyre Puncture Repair Kit
Offered by BeautyMall(Shipped from HongKong)
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked like a dream, 21 April 2014
Bought one of these a while ago from another Amazon seller (no longer available) and used it for the first time yesterday.
My brother in law had a puncture in his tractor trailer. This had it fixed in two minutes.
My kit had no glue, but it still worked fine - the pugs are very sticky. Needed a lit of strength to get the needle and plug in the hole, but that gave us confidence that it would not "pop" out. The glue might have helped lubricate the plug going in. I had a repair using one of these done on my pickup truck 6 months ago and its still fine.
I'd not use this repair kit on a high performance vehicle or motorbike, except as an emergency get-you-home measure but otherwise no concerns at all.

Duracell Procell Battery AA 1.5v Pack of 20
Duracell Procell Battery AA 1.5v Pack of 20
Offered by Babz Media
Price: 6.31

5.0 out of 5 stars very good batteries, 15 April 2014
Put them in stuff, electricity comes out. Normal Duracell high quality but at a lower price. No more to say.

Sticky Paws On-A-Roll
Sticky Paws On-A-Roll
Offered by Cheerful Bargains Ltd
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks to be a winner, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Sticky Paws On-A-Roll (Misc.)
This works better than I expected and instantly stopped the two cats from scratching the furniture. Only problem is that they now choose other pieces to damage, but I least I can even up the wear or just cover the whole house in the stuff.
Word of caution - I put some on my arm chair and my newspaper instantly stuck to it and it will also stick to your clothes if you brush by, so position it well.

Next test will be to see if they have been "trained" not to scratch where is was, so I can so without it.

ULTIMATEADDONS Universal In Car Cup Holder Mount Attachment for Suction Arms
ULTIMATEADDONS Universal In Car Cup Holder Mount Attachment for Suction Arms
Offered by UltimateAddons-UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice bit of kit., 15 April 2014
Bought this to mount my Pure Highway between the front seats of my car instead of the windscreen. The sucker on the flexi mount would not stick, but I think this was because it was old and possibly deformed. No Matter - I used some foam double stick tape and its even better. It all works a treat a very neat solution.

Billion BiPAC 7800N Dual WAN ADSL2+/Broadband Wireless-N Gigabit Firewall Modem Router
Price: 97.25

5.0 out of 5 stars More reliable than other models I have used, 31 Mar 2014
Really nice router. Configuration maybe not as idiot proof as say a Netgear but perfectly fine. Stays up for ages and had the added advantage of being FTTC ready so I had no need to buy a new router when I upgraded.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little torch, 31 Mar 2014
Smashing little no fuss torch, handy keep in the car or pocket. Does not give a concentrated beam but a more useful diffused one. Very bright.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5