Profile for RJH > Reviews

Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
Price: 153.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great...except, 20 Mar 2014
I bought this and I love it. The new Macbook pro Retina comes with surprisingly few connections which is fine if you upgrade all your other devices to thunderbolt ones, but this dock makes a one cable solution which keeps the desktop tidy, and creating a simple Automator app allows me to safely eject all my external drives quickly and easily so I can just unplugged the one cable and go.

Now the exception, Belkin make a big deal that this unit only weighs 3lb, so I was a bit surprised when I got a package weighing about 10lbs! Turns out it was all power pack weight, the power adapter is massive for such a small device, coiled up in the box it is the same size as the dock! Plus it takes up more than 50% of the box, and the dock only runs of 12V, apple manage to get a 10V adapter into the size of a 3 pin plug. So I recommend (at your own risk) doing what I did and find an old compact 12V adapter and use that, it works fine (for me).

Polaroid Auto Focus DG Macro Extension Tube Set (12mm 20mm 36mm) For Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 59.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't really complain for the money, 29 July 2013
These work perfectly well for me, no problems with autofocus, and the attach and detach without issue for me. They are a little loose when all stack on top of each other - but if you put a lens bracket on then it isn't an issue.

Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Offered by Ben Madigan
Price: 461.32

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want a macro, don't think twice about this one., 29 July 2013
If you want a macro, don't think twice about this one, I have been using it non stop because I have been so impressed with it. Every photo from it is pin sharp and looks superb.

I don't have anything to compare it against that is in the same range but I read several reviews that it was better than the Nikon equivalent and with the difference in price it was a no brainer for me.

Pair it up with a set of extension tubes and a cheap LED ring light and you have a great set up.

Men At Arms: (Discworld Novel 15) (Discworld Novels)
Men At Arms: (Discworld Novel 15) (Discworld Novels)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 4 July 2013
A brilliant book that had me laughing aloud on the train. Defiantly some of the best characters in the series are the officers of the Watch!

Tiger Universal Trigger Capo - Chrome
Tiger Universal Trigger Capo - Chrome
Price: 5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap beginners cappo, 15 April 2013
I bought this and I use it, for me it works well. It's not as fancy as others I have seen but it does the job and doesn't damage the guitar! great stuff.

Africa [Blu-ray]
Africa [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Price: 14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Africa [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Everyone should own this BluRay, it is truly amazing and equally as fascinating.

The cinematography is stunning and Attenborough lives up to his well earned reputation.

Guards! Guards!: (Discworld Novel 8) (Discworld Novels)
Guards! Guards!: (Discworld Novel 8) (Discworld Novels)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best one in the series, 15 April 2013
I enjoyed this book more than probably any other in the series, It had me laughing out loud on the train. brilliantly written as you would expect from a book from the Discworld series!

Braun Oral-B TriZone 3000 Three-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Braun Oral-B TriZone 3000 Three-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush, 15 April 2013
Got two of these, one for me and one for my girlfriend. We both think they are great. They leave your teeth feeling very very clean.

The battery lasts quite well and charges quickly, would have been good to have a 3 pin plug adapter included as we don't have a 2 pin shaving socket in the bathroom.

Overall very pleased.

Wyrd Sisters: (Discworld Novel 6) (Discworld Novels)
Wyrd Sisters: (Discworld Novel 6) (Discworld Novels)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great story, 15 April 2013
If you are a fan of the Discworld series I'm sure you will love this book. I personally really enjoyed it..

Pyramids: (Discworld Novel 7) (Discworld Novels)
Pyramids: (Discworld Novel 7) (Discworld Novels)
Price: 3.59