Profile for Mr. J. Foster > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Foster

Mr. J. Foster "johnbegood" (UK)

Forefront Cases Leather Case Cover/Stand with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for Apple iPad Mini - Black
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 19 Nov. 2014
I wanted a case both to protect my new ipad but also to provide a stand. This case fulfils both my requirements. Firstly I noticed how well my ipad clips into the case giving a feeling of security. The ipad now feels easier to hold and carry around. The case comes with all the necessary cut outs to allow the camera to function perfectly as well as access to all the ipads various buttons.

I like the function that automatically turns on the ipad when the cover is opened, this saves pressing the 'on' button. Folding the cover back gives the ipad a perfect angle for use at a desk, while arranging the folds so that the ipad is more vertical is great for watching video.

Overall i'm very pleased with the cover. I had looked at others in stores at more than double the cost of this one, so i'm very pleased to have saved some money. My only gripe, i chose black, maybe i should have gone for a brighter colour.

One Life
One Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful song, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: One Life (MP3 Download)
This song means so much to me, ... I've got one life and i'm gonna live it. Says it all really.

Person I Should Have Been
Person I Should Have Been

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, 8 Feb. 2013
A beautiful song, the lyrics lift the spirit. The person i should have been is my reminder of how i'm going to change.

The Bookseller Of Kabul
The Bookseller Of Kabul
by Åsne Seierstad

4.0 out of 5 stars Ever wondered what living in Afghanistan is like?, 8 Feb. 2013
I would not have selected this book but I read it for my book club. I was totally fascinated to learn how people live in Afghanistan. The book is well written and is broken down to a story in each chapter.

It's about a fairly wealthy family (wealthy by Afghan standards) and reveals a totally different family way of life compared to Britain. It reveals a family structure and way of life which is completely alien to a UK family. I would have liked to have learned more about the awful conditions of poorer families which was hinted at. Nevertheless a book which everyone should read, especially those who moan about life in the UK!

Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action
by Susan J. Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Be ready to receive the message., 2 Jan. 2013
I was given this book to read by a good friend. She thought I was ready to receive its message and would benefit from it. I was ready and I can honestly say by following several practical things suggested, my life has changed for the better. I keep rereading the book so that my thoughts, feelings and behaviours continue to change. I now have a second copy ready to give to someone when the moment feels right.
This is the best book of its type I have read. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone struggling with life who feels unfulfilled.

Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock
Sony CMTFX350 Micro Hi-Fi with iPod Dock

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 13 May 2011
I was persuaded to buy this system because of all the features available for the low price. I paid just £[] incl postage, so i expected to find something to be disappointed about. I have to say i was pleasantly surprised.

Plus points: Others have criticized the DAB radio, but mine found loads of stations. I love the iPod dock, one of the main reasons for buying. My iPod responds to the system remote control, which i didnt expect.

Minus points: I don't particularly like the top loading CD, but that's a personal thing. The sound is adequate for my bedroom at low and standard volume. Anyone who likes constant full volume will probably be disappointed, as its not that powerful.

I would recommend buying from amp3digital with their next day delivery, just brilliant.

Overall: With its quality CD/DAB/ipod dock all for under £[], you can't go wrong. I would recommend this product as a great system for a smaller room in the house.

A Woman A Man Walked By
A Woman A Man Walked By

2.0 out of 5 stars Tough Listening, 16 Feb. 2010
This review is from: A Woman A Man Walked By (Audio CD)
Not often you see such a variation in ratings, but i can fully understand why. This is tough listening in places. There are some tracks you will not want to play twice, such as Pigs Will Not and A Woman A Man Walked By(not one you would wish your mother to hear!).

On the plus side Black Hearted Love, Sixteen Fifteen Fourteen and The Soldier are very good, the rest i can live without! So 1 star or 5? 2 i think based on originality and the 3 good tracks.

Luxury Black Genuine Leather Flip Case for iPod Touch 4th Generation 8GB / 16GB / 32GB / 64GB & Screen Protector

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, 12 Feb. 2010
I wanted a little protection for my expensive iPod Touch and this neat stylish case does the job. It a snug fit and doesn't interfere with any ipod functions. It's very well made and i particularly like the magnetic locking which secures the flip up lid. It's perfect when on the move, making the ipod much easier to handle.

Some negatives,
1) you will need to remove the case when sitting the ipod onto a hifi dock.
2) it comes with a wrist strap, .... As others have said the catch is flimsy and i will not be using it.

Overall I think this case represents very good value and is certainly recommended.

Apple iPod shuffle - 1GB [M9725B/A]
Apple iPod shuffle - 1GB [M9725B/A]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Product, 21 Aug. 2006
I cannot believe so many people are rubbishing the iPod Shuffle. I must be very lucky as i've never had a problem with mine and it has been squashed in rucksacs and jammed into pockets. I think it is just brilliant and great fun to use.

So light that it sits very comfortably into a shirt pocket, you can take it anywhere. I don't listen to it for hours on end so for me the battery seems to last weeks. I love the fact that you never know what track is coming next. If you don't like this and need a screen, buy one with a screen!

I would and have recommended my friends to buy the iPod shuffle.