Profile for S. Williams > Reviews

Content by S. Williams

S. Williams (Plymouth, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
Offered by 666 Media
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't recommend this enough!, 12 Dec 2013
Having bought my electric guitar 2 years ago, following learning the acoustic, it has sat pretty much untouched. I had tried sitting and doing pentatonic scales in the past, but I just didn't have the discipline to sit and play scales over and over.

Starting Rocksmith I was a complete beginner. I knew the absolute basics of frets and chords due to having taught myself a bit of acoustic, but that was it.

I've had this for 2 weeks now and I can say with absolute confidence, I would not be at the point I am today had I been trying to do this alone. The first few days I played as much as my fingers would allow me, which wasn't as much as I would have liked! Now I'm playing every other day. I already have 2 songs around the 92% complete mark (that's 92% of the notes in the song played, not accuracy, that varies every time I play) and another around 65%. I'm concentrating on 3 songs to start which are all in the top quarter of the board when you sort songs by difficulty, easiest first. The riff repeater is a fantastic tool to help you learn those difficult bits that keep tripping you up.

Every time I pick up my guitar and play, I can't believe how far I have come in 2 short weeks. The lessons are great if you're a beginner, definitely do them to learn the techniques behind sliding and bends etc. And definitely, absolutely, play the games in the Guitarcade. It makes practising the basics fun and will help build up your muscle memory. The game that gets you to shoot ducks on certain frets will help you out a lot if you're a beginner, as will the string skip game (this is especially helpful to get you used to the colours of the different strings in the Rocksmith UI).

I seriously can't recommend this enough. It's the best money I've ever spent.

Tassimo Milka Hot Chocolate, Pack of 3, 3 x 16 T-Discs (24 Servings)
Tassimo Milka Hot Chocolate, Pack of 3, 3 x 16 T-Discs (24 Servings)
Offered by SHOP 4 LESS
Price: 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven in a cup, 12 Dec 2013
This hot chocolate was a big contributing factor to me buying my Tassimo machine as I wanted to try it. I was not disappointed! Having tried the Cadbury's one (and thinking I was drinking water with a splash of chocolate) I was worried, but I had no need to be. The Milka chocolate is far superior. A nice full, smooth chocolatey taste. We've gone through the 3 packs pretty quickly so definitely going to need to stock up on these.

High Performance JavaScript (Build Faster Web Application Interfaces)
High Performance JavaScript (Build Faster Web Application Interfaces)
by Nicholas C. Zakas
Price: 14.45

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 12 Dec 2013
This book will give a good understanding of the types of pitfalls to look out for when developing in Javascript and considering performance. I'd recommend reading it even if you're using jQuery over pure JS as the concepts this book will teach you can still be applied.

Some of the figures relating to which way is faster in a browser are slightly off now with the newer browsers so I would recommend checking them yourself on something like JSPerf when you come across them.

Kentiger HY2001 Mini Hi-Fi Stereo Power 2 Channel Audio Amplifier for Home/Car/Motorcycle/Boat - Connect to any Speakers - Small and Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I need it to, 12 Dec 2013
I purchased this item to set up my Playstation 3 to play Rocksmith without any audio lag. The set up works perfectly. The amp gives a nice clean sound and is nice and small to hide away. After reading the description I did wonder if this was going to come with a power cable and be warned, it does not come with a power cable. It's a standard 12v power cable that's needed and was the same as my external hard drive cable so keep this in mind when purchasing, that you may need to also buy a power cable if you don't already have one that fits.

The Hunger Games Movie Mockingjay Prop Rep Pin
The Hunger Games Movie Mockingjay Prop Rep Pin
Offered by Infinity Pro
Price: 4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars May the odds be ever in your favour, 26 Nov 2013
I love this pin. It is a pin, not a broach style fastening. Also it's more a weathered gold sort of look than the silver it looks in this picture, but that's actually better. It's also slightly bigger than I thought it would be, but again in my case I think that's better. A great item and a great price. Very pleased with it.

SWANKYSWANS Girls Rue Owl Small Wallet SW353-BEIGE Beige
SWANKYSWANS Girls Rue Owl Small Wallet SW353-BEIGE Beige
Offered by SwankySwans
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, slightly bigger than expected, 26 Nov 2013
This purse looks pretty much exactly as it does in the picture. It has a plastic effect which you can't really notice in the picture but I think it was mentioned in another review. It's slightly bigger than I expected it to be, but it's a great purse with lots of compartments and space. Very good value for money, especially if it lasts.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good sound and build, 8 Nov 2013
For their price, these are a really great set of headphones. They are well built (although I am always careful with wrapping headphones etc) and they sit comfortably in my ears. The sounds is good, nice and full. If they were a bit more bassy, I could have given them 5!

Obviously they're not the sort of quality you'd get if you spent 10 times more, but for this price range, they're the best I've found.

De'Longhi HCM2030 Convector Heater with Thermostat - 2 Kilowatt
De'Longhi HCM2030 Convector Heater with Thermostat - 2 Kilowatt
Offered by KC ELECTRICALCO
Price: 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant heater, far superior to normal fan heaters, 8 Nov 2013
This is currently being used in quite a large, open room and works well. While it doesn't heat the room quite as well as central heating would, it does a great job of keeping those in the near vicinity nice and warm. As it's in such a big room, I haven't been able to test out the thermostat setting yet.

I can safely say that I would never buy a fan style heater again. This is much better and probably the closest I've found to a radiator without having a radiator.

Will definitely buy this one again if I need another.

Wella Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade 75ml
Wella Smooth Brilliance Shine Pomade 75ml
Offered by Amazing Hair & Beauty
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, lasts ages, 8 Nov 2013
This product gives a really nice shine to your hair. You hardly need to use any at all so the little pot lasts ages making the price pretty good.

Urban Male Mens Stainless Steel Bat Design Stud Earrings 10mm
Urban Male Mens Stainless Steel Bat Design Stud Earrings 10mm

3.0 out of 5 stars Look great but broke quickly, 18 Aug 2013
I was initially very pleased with these. I bought them as a gift and they looked great. Unfortunately after a couple of weeks of wear, the white plastic front with the batman symbol on it fell off one of the studs. I know they're not exactly expensive but I did expect to last a lot longer than a couple of weeks!

Page: 1 | 2