Profile for IMCPU2 > Reviews

Content by IMCPU2

IMCPU2 "imcpu2" (Portsmouth England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
His Other Life
His Other Life
by Beth Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read., 16 Aug. 2015
This review is from: His Other Life (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Grace gets in from work and listens to a puzzling message on their answer phone. From that point on the intrigue begins. An easy read with an unusual story told with some humorous lines. Unfortunately I had worked out the plot and the ending by about half way through the book- however I still felt compelled to read on.

The Burgh Island EP
The Burgh Island EP

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 31 July 2015
This review is from: The Burgh Island EP (MP3 Download)
I found this difficult to get into at first. It does not have the dynamic appeal of his first album or the haunting melodies of his second, but after a few plays things start to fall into place and as the tracks start to become familiar you once again are drawn into the passion and feelings that Ben generates in his music. I am now playing it every day and enjoying it more and more.

Amazon Music
Amazon Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds amazing, 30 July 2015
This review is from: Amazon Music (App)
If you are a prime member then this is an amazing offer. New and very old music available instantly. Great

Acer Revo One RL85 1L Nettop PC (White) - (Intel Core i3-4005 1.7 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little PC, 2 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really compact unit. It hides unobtrusively behind my TV and connects to an Ethernet socket that I have on a powerline adapter. I have poor WiFi in my living room so the Ethernet is my best option. The computer configured itself in about 5 mins, and quickly recognised the additional disk storage device on my network. I must say that looking at a computer on a 46 inch screen is a new experience for me, and one I think I could get used to. My only gripe is that the screen resolution didn't seem to work to well, this may be able to be changed, I haven't read the manual that came with the Acer (it was that simple to set-up) The pc screen has gone to the absolute limits of the TV which means that some of the icons are not visible, and the windows menu option is hidden on the bottom of the screen. I think that if I can get this fixed then all will be well. The device comes with a handy remote which has a full qwerty keyboard on it as well as a mouse pad on the reverse. Very useful. The day after I had installed this windows announced some updates 64 of them. I guess some things never change.

Kensington USB Wireless Optical Plug and Play Mouse - Black
Kensington USB Wireless Optical Plug and Play Mouse - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy., 21 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a handy little mouse that is ideal for laptops. The connectivity was faultless and once the batteries were inserted connected straight away. I have always had problems with the internal mouse pad on laptops especially highlighting text and copying and pasting, a mouse makes it so much easier. This wireless mouse works well for me and is quite compact and light.

ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good file manager, 20 Jun. 2015
This review is from: ES File Explorer (App)
This is a good file manager, that works on most devices. It was good to find something like this that worked on my Fire phone.

Philips hue
Philips hue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, works very well, 24 May 2015
This review is from: Philips hue (App)
This is a great app, if you have the Philips Hue lights. Enabling you to control your lights and change colours and set alarms. Just what you need for these great lights

View Quest Christie DAB+ Radio and NFC/Bluetooth Speaker - Red
View Quest Christie DAB+ Radio and NFC/Bluetooth Speaker - Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality., 24 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have 3 DAB radios and this by far is the poorest in design and sound quality.The Christie has this 'feature' where the dial can be swiveled to enable you to use on it's side or the right way up. However unless you are looking at the dial from eye level it's almost impossible to view the information on the digital display. I guess once you setup the radio which is really a no brainer - but so it should be these days, then you don't need to view the display much - its just inconvenient if you have the radio on a work surface in the kitchen and need to change channels then you have to bend down to eye level. Not the best design. It does have some nice features like the USB output to charge your phone and the Bluetooth for streaming content from your phones or other devices. And to be honest the sound quality of the Bluetooth is far richer than that of the DAB. This is my main gripe with this radio, no matter where I position it, the sound quality is really poor. As stated I have 3 other DAB devices and have no problem receiving Digital radio on the other devices. My Roberts which is about 3 years old easily out preforms this device, and connects wirelessly to my NAS giving superb digital sound.

Rexel A4 Clear Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)
Rexel A4 Clear Mesh Bag with Blue Zip (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea., 15 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great idea for holding documents that you want to keep together. The only question in my mind is how long the zips will last. The Mesh bag is very tough, and looks water resistant certainly spill safe. On the whole I like these and will make a lot of use especially for those documents at home that you don't use often but need to keep safe. Insurance policies etc.

Philips Hue Go Personal Wireless Lighting LED Table Lamp
Philips Hue Go Personal Wireless Lighting LED Table Lamp

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first experience of WiFi controlled lighting, and this product is amazing. I was initially disappointed that I could not control this item on it's own via a smart app, but was impressed enough to order the Hub and some additional lights. I will review the starter pack in another review, but for the purposes of this review the hub enabled me to connect this lamp via my Phone (I use amazon Fire phone) The amount of control is fairly amazing, there are alarms / timers and scenes all of which can be controlled via the phone. I have yet been unable to connect the bridge from outside my own Network, and I would have thought this would be possible, so I will keep playing. The light itself is stylish table lamp which can sit on its base, or on an angle thanks to the small raised projection. Its great for Reading or mood lighting whilst watching TV. I think I will be looking at getting more of these devices in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17