Profile for JFM > Reviews

Content by JFM

JFM

Nathan Intensity Hydration Pack with 2L bladder - women's series - Imperial Purple/Fuchsia - 5026NIP
Offered by WOWOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 28 Jun 2014
I really didn't want to spend this much money on a hydration pack, but am so glad i did.

It doesn't move at all, don't even know it's there once you've got used to the extra weight. Pockets are perfect with room for ipod, phone, snacks all on the front and a decent sized back pocket for an extra layer, money etc.

The water doesn't taste delicious, but after a couple of hours of heating up on my back it wouldn't anyway! I've been putting a mix of water and sports drink and then it's fine.

The Boy Who Swam with Piranhas
The Boy Who Swam with Piranhas
by David Almond

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted to discover this author, 14 Nov 2012
Absolutely delighted to discover a new author, who's written a number of books that I can look out for - and even better, its not one who I read myself when I were young but something modern and new. How many times have i grabbed a book that i recognised from my childhood and thrust it in front of my daughter saying 'you'll love this one' only to realise that it was not as good as I remembered or not as resonant as you'd want to today's children..

This book works on so many levels, the language is fantastic, the story is great, there are good values and messages in there and it's funny. I am seriously impressed. I read it myself, which i occasionally feel the need to do with my 7 year old's reading, and genuinely loved it. I'm thinking about recommending it to my book group! can't wait to go back to the older ones now.

Trying to persuade my 5 yr old to dress up as Stan for world book day (in November) but no luck yet!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2013 12:46 PM GMT

Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch
Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars doesn't charge, 4 Jan 2012
After about 3 months of loving the watch, it has now stopped charging and gone completely blank. from looking at other forums (amazon US, and garmin users forum), it seems this is pretty common, called 'reverse charging' i.e. the watch drains when you plug it in. Now there is absolutely nothing i can do apart from send it back to Garmin, paying for postage, and wait for a new one. I wouldn't mind as much but my response from customer serive said they were 'not aware' of it being a common problem, which is nonsense!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2013 7:50 AM BST