Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Dorset, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
6 Pack HIGH CAPACITY XXL Compatible Canon PGI-550 , CLI-551, Canon 551, Canon 550 1 Small Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Gray, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow, 1 Big Black for use with Canon Pixma iP 7250, Pixma MG5450, Pixma MX925. Ink Cartridges for inkjet printers. CLI-551BK , CLI-551C , CLI-551GY , CLI-551M , CLI-551Y , PGI-550BK © Cartridge Net
Offered by Cartridge Net

Ecozone Moonlight, Energy saving LED Night Light, 3 year guarantee, costs less than 1p per week continuously on

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Mar. 2014
My kids hate the dark so this has proved to be very helpful giving off a great natural light still a bit too dark for my daughter who hates shadows but my son loves it, just right amount of light for him.

Ecozone Magnoloo Anti-Limescale Toilet Descaler Twin Pack
Ecozone Magnoloo Anti-Limescale Toilet Descaler Twin Pack
Offered by Gizoo - Gadgets & Gifts

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really noticed an improvement., 18 Mar. 2014
Not really seen an improvement as such but not sure my toilet if my toilet is flushing properly at the moment and causing a build up.

Ecozone Soap nuts - Indian Wash nuts - replaces laundry powder and detergents - great value 1kg bag - up to 330 washes

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 18 Mar. 2014
I was hesitant to buying this product however they have proved to be brilliant clothes come out clean smelling fresh. I have used more nuts because of our hard water. I found a tip to soak them after their second use and this has given me an extra wash. Recommended to friends and it's really helped to reduce our monthly shop.

The Tin Man: The Ted McMinn Story
The Tin Man: The Ted McMinn Story
by Ted McMinn

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tin Man Does Have a Heart, 16 Oct. 2013
What an amazing insight into a most interesting sportsman. His early life sets a dark tone that I think troubled and stayed with him throughout his life and footballing career, until he thankfully met the right woman. Even though he was fulfilling every boys dream, playing football at some of the biggest and best stadiums in Scotland, Spain and England, you always feared what was around the corner for him - self-destruction on an illicit night out with the boys, another failed relationship, maternal issues, language barriers, injuries. The list goes on.

This is a book that dispels any myths about how the beautiful game used to be played. It offers one players insight into what goes on behind the scenes at a football club. And it opens your eyes to Ted's world - when I stood on the Pop Side or sat in the C-Stand cheering him on, I wanted to have his life. Having read this book, I'll stick with my own, thank-you.

I was at Pride Park for Ted's Benefit Game. Easily one of the best days I have ever had at a football stadium. Both sets of fans were superb, but the Rangers fans were simply magnificent. A full-house, with no segregation, enjoyed watching their heroes play-out a tremendous game under the blazing sun of a bank holiday weekend. My abiding memory was of the Rangers fan who ran on to the pitch to hug Ted at half-time. As he returned to the stand, the weekends drink intake caught up with him and he face-planted the ground as he tried to do a cartwheel. Myself and 30,000 others were crying with laughter.

The players that turned up to play made the day. I'd have paid double just to see Stuart Pearce score and celebrate in a Derby top, before kissing the Ram on his shirt. Priceless.

A great read from a great player. Thank you, Ted, for so many great memories.

Pure Accessory - Charge PAK C6L Rechargeable Battery Pack for Pure
Pure Accessory - Charge PAK C6L Rechargeable Battery Pack for Pure
Offered by Gigaworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect!, 13 Mar. 2013
Ok, so it's a battery - what else can you say? It was packaged very well and arrived in good time. Plugging it in was a bit fiddly but even my sausage fingers could handle it. Since then I've kinda forgotten all about it. Except when I remember that I can unplug the radio from the mains and have CD-quality music wherever I go!

Would definitely recommend it.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped, and thought, it would be..., 15 Jun. 2012
I wasn't sure whether I wanted one of these as I am not a prolific reader by any means; I might read a book every two or three weeks. Nevertheless, I like to carry a book with me everywhere I go...just in case. Typically, however, I'm not always in the mood for the type of book I've got with me.

Then there's the summer holiday - sitting around in an airport, on a 'plane, then by the pool. What books will I want with me then? How many will I read? Will I be in the mood for fiction, autobiographical, educational?

I'm sure you can see where I am going with this.

It was my birthday. I asked the 'present-giving' friends and family to get me Amazon vouchers. Initially, to buy books. Then I gave it some thought and did a bit of research - most Kindle Books are cheaper than their paper counterparts. So I went through my Wish List and priced up both paperback and Kindle - note, not all books are available in Kindle format. The saving for these Kindle Books alone was almost half the price of a Kindle.

That made my decision very easy.

I got the basic £89 Kindle which is perfect for me. I very quickly and easily connected it to the wireless networks both at work and at home, purchased a couple of Kindle Books and they downloaded themselves within minutes. It is so, so simple.

I found myself reading more often than I did with a book - on my lunch hour, at the doctors, dentists or barbers, at the kids cricket, rugby and swimming practice. We became inseparable!

The kids like it as well. I got some kid books loaded and now they want to use it!

As well as just storing books it also contains various technical resources including a dictionary. So when you're reading and you come across a word you're not sure of just highlight it and a definition appears. Brilliant!

When you get the Kindle you also get a Kindle eMail address. You can send content to this email address as attachments and they arrive on your Kindle within minutes. I have lots of PDF's on my computer that I never get chance to look at properly - I emailed them to my Kindle address and hey presto, they appeared within minutes. Lots of reference material all collated in one place.

You can also highlight areas in the text to save for your reference - much like highlighting text in a book.

I heartily suggest you buy a cover for it (less than a tenner off eBay) and maybe a light if you like to read in the dark.

It works BRILLIANTLY in the sun, too. Just tonight I was sat out in the bright evening sunshine. I got out my Samsung Galaxy II and I couldn't see the screen at all. Turned on the Kindle and read as if I was in my favourite reading chair in ideal reading conditions. The screen impresses everybody.

On the downside you are carrying a desirable item which makes it 'nickable'. Carrying it in your pockets or bag might damage it, too. Not that it is delicate; it has taken a few knocks without a problem. I don't miss the 'tactile' feeling you get from a real book but when I read educational books I sometimes wish I had got the book to flick back and forth, as you do.

The final word goes to my wife who has expressed an interest in getting one for herself.

What more do I need to say? Five stars, easily.

Make Your Own Damn Movie: Secrets of a Renegade Director
Make Your Own Damn Movie: Secrets of a Renegade Director
by Lloyd Kaufman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an Easy Read., 7 Feb. 2012
I like reading "How to Make a Movie" books. I own quite a few. I thought this one would be an interesting addition to my library but, alas, it has proven to be one of my least favourite.

Whilst I admire what they have managed to achieve, over at Troma, this book really doesn't convey many positives about them or the industry. It was a difficult read not only because there are so many pages printed in black with white type or the many, many footnotes but because the author, Lloyd, spent a lot of the text arguing with his cohorts in a conversational/confrontational style. Amusing? No.

There's also a lot of 'fill' where I think he's just trying to keep his daily word count up. At times, I really wasn't sure if this was a self-help manual or a bitter personal rant at the film industry in general.

I already know that making a movie will be a long drawn out process where you will go to hell and back to get it finished and sell your grandmother to fund it. I can live with that. What I found most unhelpful was how he seems to have upset/fallen out with/argued/fought just about everyone who has worked for him...and they appear to work for him for free or very little.

This may be true but it speaks more about his personality and management style than it does about his film-making abilities.

I really, really wanted to like this book but it was a tough read that took a lot of effort just to finish it. If anything, it has put me off making films. Maybe that was his plan. I wish them well and still highly recommend viewing any of the Troma back catalogue.

Magic 8 Ball
Magic 8 Ball
Offered by GameCom

3.0 out of 5 stars Not So Magic 8 Ball, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Magic 8 Ball (Toy)
For what it is, this is an expensive toy. Shake it and wait for the answer and the answer doesn't always show. That's not a great start but that is all this toy is meant to do!

I don't think it will stand too many drops on hard surfaces, either.

However, give it to the kids on Christmas day and let them ask adults questions and the fun starts!

A quirky, expensive pressie.

Girls Life: Makeover (Nintendo DS)
Girls Life: Makeover (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 13 Jan. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Not too many decent reviews but this is what my little angel wanted for Christmas so this is what Santa got for her. She certainly enjoyed playing with it over the festive period so I guess it was perfect!

Page: 1 | 2