ARRAY(0xb443a0a8)

Profile for Richard > Reviews

Content by Richard

Richard "photographic enthusiast" (London, UK)

Iomega eGo 500GB FW400/FW800/USB2.0 Portable Hard Drive Mac Edition - Red
Iomega eGo 500GB FW400/FW800/USB2.0 Portable Hard Drive Mac Edition - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 2 Jun 2011
I had to return the first one as it was faulty. But Amazon returns process went smoothly, and the replacement is perfect. This is the second one of these I have now as I like to keep 2 backups

Collins Italian Dictionary (Collins Complete and Unabridged): Complete & Unabridged
by Various authors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book, 22 Feb 2011
I have always used small Italian dictionaries before but wanted something substantial. This fitted the bill! It is clear to follow and great value.

The Photoshop Elements 9 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Photoshop Elements 9 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby
Price: 21.69

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down, 22 Feb 2011
I have read other books by Scott Kelby and found them very helpful, but this disappointed me. He did not systematically go through the main features of this software but launched into complicated examples about doing things that I did not find useful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2011 8:13 PM BST

Street Photography Now
Street Photography Now
by Sophie Howarth

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for Street Photographers, 22 Feb 2011
This review is from: Street Photography Now (Hardcover)
Superbly edited and well produced book that fills a definite gap in the market. The many earlier books on the subject concentrate mainly on the past, but this book is bang up to date with inspiring work from international photographers. In view of the many high quality photos it is excellent value for money.

NEC Displays MultiSync EA231WMi 23 inch TFT LCD - Black
NEC Displays MultiSync EA231WMi 23 inch TFT LCD - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best monitor I have ever had, 17 Jan 2011
I bought this monitor to use with my new MacBook Pro as the Apple external monitors were unsuitable for my use as a photographer. There was a connectivity problem until I also purchased an Apple brand mini display to DVI connector from Apple at 25. The third party cheaper connector would not work. Now I have no problems at all with this beautiful monitor. It shows my photos in fantastic detail and colour, and is easy to use. You have full control over brightness, contrast and colour and the matte surface is a joy . With brightness turned down I can even make prints with my Epson Printer that come out looking the same as the screen. It has many useful usb ports. I have no complaints at all and I am delighted with NEC for making this monitor that is perfect for photographers and is excellent value for money.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2011 5:15 PM BST

Man Ray: Photography and Its Double
Man Ray: Photography and Its Double
by Emmanuelle de L'Ecotais
Price: 38.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Man Ray - a briliant book, 8 April 2009
This book has a great collection of Ray's best photographs very well reproduced. It is informative to see Ray's own marks on the prints to indicate his cropping ideas. Another reviewer suggested this book is badly edited but I disagree. I recommend this book wholeheartedly to all lovers of creative photography and those seeking artistic inspiration. It makes a good companion to "Man Ray: American Artist" a biography by Neil Baldwin.