Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now
Profile for Martín Pérez > Reviews

Content by Martín Pérez

Martín Pérez

The $100 Startup
The $100 Startup
by Chris Guillebeau

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The $100 Startup (Paperback)
First of all, I think this book might be of interest to those who are waiting for that little impulse to start their own businesses as it really provides some inspiration.

Having said that, the whole book could be easily be summarized in one sentence, "do what you enjoy and love to do".

I bought the book thinking that it was going to be a list of stories about entrepreneurs who built their business with low budgets. Rather than that, I found a book about entrepreneurship talking about conversion rates, business models, launch strategies and such topics, which honestly (and having already a lot about it) don't excite me at all. And well... the entrepreneurs' stories are kind of scattered around across the whole book in small mentions or little paragraphs. Which I heat as I use to read books a few pages per day which makes almost unbearable to read this one.

So, if you are like me thinking about buying this book because you enjoy reading comprehensive entrepreneurship stories, then think twice. And the point made by some of the commentators about the author promoting his own businesses was right, although I think it is fair enough, but you may not.

Still rating it as 3 stars as it is cheap and I still think it might be useful/inspirational to other people.