Profile for WillofAyton > Reviews

Content by WillofAyton

WillofAyton (North Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Kolay Black Pattern Hard Shockproof Camera Case for Nikon Coolpix S5300 Compact Digital Camera/ Canon A2400
Offered by Accsi-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Like the Tardis, 16 Mar 2014
We'd had a new camera bought for us. We bought a new case only to find it was too small. This case is small yet big enough to fit the camera and has a small net for the batteries. Impressed by the quality.

Early Doors - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Early Doors - Series 1 & 2 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Craig Cash

5.0 out of 5 stars An all time great, 16 Mar 2014
Watched the first episode and found ourselves smiling and laughing as we knew what was coming! This really is an all time great. Our Italian daughter in law found it funny. I worked in a similar pub in the early 70s and can recognise the characters. Thankfully only 2 series so did not make the fatal error of grasping for ideas and failing as many other sit coms have done.
The performances are perfection. Just look what happened to the actors afterwards.

Ivor The Engine: All The Colour Episodes Ever Made [DVD]
Ivor The Engine: All The Colour Episodes Ever Made [DVD]
Dvd ~ Oliver Postgate

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple entertainment, 16 Mar 2014
Only watched one episode so far. Quality of reproduction very good. Sometimes one is disappointed when seeing a favourite from way back in time. On this occasion the simplicity of the animation and the story telling still works. Looking forward to our grandson's reaction.

Ex-Pro Nikon EN-EL5 ENEL5 EN-EL5A ENEL5a, High Power Plus+ 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery for Nikon Coolpix :- 3700, 4200, 5100, 5200, 5900, 7900, P3, P4, P80, P90, P100, P5000, P5100, S10
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a battery!, 1 Dec 2012
What can you write about a battery. It is rechargable and it works. The best bit is it is inexpensive.

Body Sculpture Vinyl Dumbbells - Yellow, 2 x 4kg
Body Sculpture Vinyl Dumbbells - Yellow, 2 x 4kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden dumbells for a golden oldie, 1 Dec 2012
I am a walker and I practice yoga but I have neglected my upper body strength and some simple tasks have proved more of a strain as I have got older. Used a pair of 3 kg dumbbells left by our son for a few weeks and soon found them too easy. Bought these and they have been used a couple of times a day for a few weeks now. They are ideal. A great purchase that I would recommend.

Lady's Men: The Story of World War II's Mystery Bomber and Her Crew
Lady's Men: The Story of World War II's Mystery Bomber and Her Crew
by Mario Martinez

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing true story that led to a cult film., 17 Aug 2012
Back in the 1970s I saw "Sole Survivor" a film that I have never forgotten. Upon researching it recently I came across the true story that inspired the film. I just had to find out more and this resulted in me buying this book. It is very easy reading. It is constructed in a methodical way enabling the reader to learn a lot about the bombing operations in WW2 in the Mediterranean region. This gives one a better understanding of how the mystery began and unfolded over the decades that followed. Haven't been able to put it down which is handy as I have broken my ankle!!

Olympus 8x25 PC I Binoculars (Silver/Black)
Olympus 8x25 PC I Binoculars (Silver/Black)
Offered by PADNOTE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 17 Aug 2012
I bought these binoculars for my wife. We are fell walkers and also often visit RSPB sites and swapping binoculars can be a faff.
They are brighter than my good 10 x 42 roof prism bins that cost more than twice as much.
They are also lightweight which makes them comfortable to wear around ones neck.
A quality product at a reasonable price.

Accurist Gents bracelet watch MB866B
Accurist Gents bracelet watch MB866B
Offered by Hollins & Hollinshead

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value for money, 17 Aug 2012
I needed a second watch for everyday use and the price of this watch made me go slightly higher than I originally intended.
On receiving it I found that it looked and felt as good as my Citizen watch that now costs £180!
The large simple dial is a dream to read even without my specs.
As with any similar watch bracelet it has needed adjusting (skinny wrists) and FOR A FEE Accurist will do this. Being a practical person I instead bought a watch repair kit for £4 inc P&P and after half an hour removed 2 links and now have a good fit.
For those who like class rather than flash I recommend this watch and challenge anyone to find one so good for so little.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 10:04 PM BST

Moonlight Serenade
Moonlight Serenade

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift for Aunt, 23 Dec 2011
This review is from: Moonlight Serenade (Audio CD)
We ordered this as a Christmas gift for our 80+ aunt who had shown an interest in Andre Rieu after her stay with friends in Australia.
This DVD is filmed in Oz with some of the music specifically aimed at an Oz audience.
We couldn't get over the production quality and all for less than a fiver delivered!
Delivered superfast during Christmas week.

Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Logitech Z323 Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 23 Dec 2011
Did some research and contacted Logitech for advice. They recommended these speakers for my needs.
Amazon price was best around.
Free delivery. Delivered extremely quickly even though it was Christmas Week.
Opened the box and was surprised how good it looked for the price.
Put together in no time.
Bought it for a Sony CD Walkman from the early noughties. Linked it up and suddenly we were hearing quality sound.
New toy so tried it with the Dell laptop and spent hours on You Tube music videos instead of preparing for Christmas!
Recommend? Without doubt.