Profile for shopaholicmumof3 > Reviews

Content by shopaholicmumof3

shopaholicmumof3 "shopaholicmumto2" (watford, England)

The Simpsons: Tapped Out
The Simpsons: Tapped Out

4.0 out of 5 stars f f2f bbc rqhr n, 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Simpsons: Tapped Out (App)
Needs fixing quite glitch updates don't work! Otherwise extremely good

Empire Z
Empire Z

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Empire Z (App)
So addictive that it's dangerous ! Can't stop playing !!!!!

Point of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series Book 5)
Point of No Return (The Kathleen Turner Series Book 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars tedious!, 26 Jun. 2014
I read the first 3 books of the series & quite enjoyed them, however it all started to go wrong for me in Book 4 when Kathleen started off playing one brother against the other. Would they really put up with her behaviour? I found her utterly annoying - selfish & self obsessed & continually putting herself & therefore Blane & kade in danger. I found myself not caring about her & either of the men who could be interested in such a pathetic human being.

Tedious plot line, poor dialogue. Utter Dross!

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars great characterisation. a gripping read!, 23 Jun. 2014
I was late to work this morning just because I had to finish this book. For me, it is less about the plot (although that was a unique fun filled premise), but J K Rowling is second to none for building and describing such fantastic characters, I just found myself lost in the book. Yes, the main plot is far fetched, but many of thd characters are soi well written, I found myself empathising & relating to many, which made it all seem so real. The sub plot of the relationship between Cormoran, Robin, Mark & Charlotte is equally well written & it would not surprise me if JK has plotted it out well in advance to last the whole series of books, in the manner she did with Harry Potter.

I rarely write good reviews & tend to feel compelled to warn people off whrn reading a poor book, but in this instance feltvi had to alter my habit, ad I ABSOLUTELY loved it & could not put.it down.......well worth the reprimand for being late this morning!

Stay Alive
Stay Alive

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Stay Alive (Kindle Edition)
I normally love Simon Kernick books; his first 'Scope' book 'The Seige' is one of my fsvourites & so I eagerly awaited this one. Unfortunately, after a tense well plotted start , the book drifted off into cliches & more & more contrived situations. I felt that the author had a deadline looming and jumbled as many frightening situations together, without thinking through the plotline first. I finished the book within 2hours, simply because i couldn't wait to get to the end - not because i enjoyed it.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish!, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
A total waste of money. A poorly written story centring around a hapless 21 year old virgin meeting a screwed up sado-masochistic billionaire. Following just one date the virgin is considering rurning into a sex slave just to keep Mr Masochistic happy.

Skip all the graphic sex scenes and you have about 20 pages of poorly written bad boy meets good girl story. I would tell you whether bad boy becomes good, or good girl becomes bad, however would spoil it for anyone still tempted to give it a go. Suffice to say that the author couldn't even get out of the rut for this story line either!

Why anyone gives it 5 stars, I have no idea! I find it alarming that there appear to be so many women who are clearly suppressed enough to enjoy the book!

Hurting Distance: Culver Valley Crime Book 2
Hurting Distance: Culver Valley Crime Book 2
by Sophie Hannah

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, 6 Jan. 2008
I read this book in 4 hours straight, because couldn't put it down!

I like other reviewers enjoyed Sophie Hannah's first book 'Little Face', but was concerned that this was a 'one-off' and that her later books would not be so good. I was wrong! Hurting Distance surpassed my expectations - a truly original and very believable novel ,which had so many unseen twists and turns that I defy anyone to guess the ending. From the end of the first chapter I was hooked.