Profile for Silvia Bettin > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Fruit of the Loom Ladies 2-Pack Classic T-Shirt - Blue Pack - Medium
Fruit of the Loom Ladies 2-Pack Classic T-Shirt - Blue Pack - Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 14 Aug 2010
These t-shirts were lovely, nice and flattering cut. I didnt give 5 stars because the size is a little bit small. Im am a size 12 and ordered a Medium and its a bit tight.

180 Fat-free Low-fat Desserts: Easy-to-make, Delicious Healthy Recipes the Whole Family Will Love
by Wendy Doyle

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, 19 April 2010
I love this book! It has great pictures of each recipe and some step-by-steps as well. There are lots of classic desserts that have been adapted to be lighter. I highly reccommend this little jem, if you have a sweet tooth but are watching your figure. Simply fantastic!

Ani's Raw Food Desserts: 85 Easy, Delectable Sweets and Treats: 85 Easy, Delectable Living Foods Desserts
by Ani Phyo

3.0 out of 5 stars American 'cups', 19 April 2010
I thought this little book looked really good with plenty of lovely pictures of the finished desserts. As I am a UK reader, I couldnt make any of these gorgeous recipes as the conversion onto UK measurements is very hard. A cup of sugar is not the same weight as a cup of nuts, for example. I found it too stressful to translate everything.

American books with American measurements should come with a warning on this site. This has happened to me a few times before and, again, I had to send the book back. What a shame!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2013 8:34 PM BST

Baking with Agave Nectar: Over 100 Recipes Using Nature's Ultimate Sweetener
Baking with Agave Nectar: Over 100 Recipes Using Nature's Ultimate Sweetener
by Ania Catalano

2.0 out of 5 stars American measurements!, 22 Mar 2010
The idea behind this book is excellent. When I first got the book, I thought that it was well presented and had lovely pictures.When I looked closely, I realised that they use American cups and not Imperial or Metric system. That was very disappointing. I checked on-line how to transalte the measurements, but it seemed too complicated so I had to return the book. Its a real shame as there are not other books like this, using agave nectar.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2010 9:09 AM BST

Weight Watchers Cook Smart Baking
Weight Watchers Cook Smart Baking
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Great low fat food!, 5 Jun 2009
I just love this book. It is my first WW book and the recipes are really easy and tasty. I have tried a couple already and they are delicious. My husband couldnt believe they were low-fat. The pictures are really inviting its just a shame that not every single recipe has a picture, but that's a small detail. Top book!

Thai & Chinese: Quick & Easy, Proven Recipes
Thai & Chinese: Quick & Easy, Proven Recipes
by Gina Steer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy to follow recipes!, 8 Dec 2008
This is a great book and I would like to reccomend it to everyone who loves oriental dishes. I particularly like thai food and I found the recipes very easy to follow with clear instructions and photos. Top marks

The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less
The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less
by India Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tips!, 8 Dec 2008
This is my first India Knight's book and I loved it! I am already a knitter/crocheter/recicler/....but this book gave me lots of inspiration to keep on living well and saving at the same time. I found lots of very helpful websites, like etsy.com and lilylolo.co.uk (for mineral make-up) and lots more. Its especially good for people who live in London. Well done!

Nigella Express
Nigella Express
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great!, 21 Feb 2008
This review is from: Nigella Express (Hardcover)
I got this book as soon as it came out and I have tried several recipes from it already. They were all a success. I loved the fact that each dish had a lovely picture and the list of ingredients is kept to a minimum. The introduction to each dish is really appropriate and her passion for food and entertaining really shows. I always get ideas from this book, I would recommend it to people who cant cook as well as people who can. You just need to decide if you want to do the dishes the 'long' traditional way or use short cuts. Brilliant!

Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
Delia's How to Cheat at Cooking
by Delia Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on Nigella Express!, 21 Feb 2008
The book has a lovely selection of recipes but I would have liked to see more pictures of the finished dishes. Also, the intro to the dishes is not always great. Compared to Nigella Express, Delia's how to cheat is not as exciting. I would still recommend this book.

Sew Pretty Homestyle: Over 35 Irresistible Projects to Fall in Love with
Sew Pretty Homestyle: Over 35 Irresistible Projects to Fall in Love with
by Tone Finnanger

5.0 out of 5 stars Total inspiration!!!, 17 Oct 2007
What a great buy! When I ordered this book I wasnt sure what to expect, but when I received it I was so happy! There are beautiful pictures, great projects. I have not done anything yet but got lots of ideas and inspiration from it. Love the book!

Page: 1 | 2