Profile for Gerry 'M' > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Bosmere G326 Premier Rotary Line Cover
Bosmere G326 Premier Rotary Line Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality product, 8 May 2014
I've lost count of the number of washing line covers purchased over the years - all of them cheap (but not so cheerful!). A few windy days and they invariably disintegrate - so I thought it was time to go up market and buy something that will last. This cover is the best I've ever had. A strong, tightly woven material, with a robust zip. It also looks good!

Countdown Timer - Minutes and Seconds
Countdown Timer - Minutes and Seconds
Offered by Winware

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and efficient, 13 Dec 2013
I bought one of these after a disastrous experience with a rubbish clockwork timer which lasted about three days. This timer is simplicity itself and cannot be faulted in any way. Reliable and functional are two words that come to mind. What more can one ask?

Good Ideas Best Selling Electric 12 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator 1.8L Coffeemaker (1246) Makes delicious, perfectly brewed coffee anytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars This coffee maker ticks all the boxes., 13 Dec 2013
This percolator looks good, is easy to handle, is very functional and convenient. Its also easy to keep clean and MOST IMPORTANT it makes excellent coffee which is kept HOT. The only downside is the availability of suitable (coarser ground) coffee, which has been solved by purchasing coffee beans and grinding them myself, as required, in a coffee grinder that has languished unused in the back of a kitchen cupboard for at least 8 years....! Also, I'm sure the price cannot be bettered.

Royal Commander Chair (Black)
Royal Commander Chair (Black)
Offered by Glaze Auto Parts

4.0 out of 5 stars Rugged comfort, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Royal Commander Chair (Black)
This chair was purchased to provide temporary portable comfort in the home and in this regard it does an excellent job. A minor criticism is its weight and the initial difficulty I experienced in unfolding and refolding it. In the latter regard I accept that my own stupidity was a significant factor! The chair is fantastic value for money and was delivered promptly. The bomb-proof packaging was a sight to behold and nearly defeated me......!! My only excuse is that age does not come alone.........

Kitchen Craft Mechanical two Hour Timer
Kitchen Craft Mechanical two Hour Timer

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless time graduations, 4 Nov 2013
I should have taken more care when ordering this item. A 2 hour timer sounded good but when delivered I realised that due to the limitations of the design there were no 5 minute graduations, so its usefulness was compromised. I then ordered the 60 minute version, which was another bad move, because it only worked three or four times then gave up the ghost. You get what you pay for and the clockwork mechanism in a cheap timer like this wont be in the same league as the SMITHS clockwork timer I owned for over 20 years before I dropped it on a hard kitchen floor! I've learned my lesson and now rely only on simple, straight-forward electronic timers. ( P.S) Amazon's return / refund system is still the best I've encountered in on-line shopping!!

The Lost Ones (Quinn Colson Book 2)
The Lost Ones (Quinn Colson Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good ole read., 4 Nov 2013
It was good to revisit the boondocks and reacquaint myself with most of the characters first introduced in 'The Ranger'. I enjoyed the latter book more; perhaps because the main character was 'new' and untested in the new 'home' environment he found himself in, and the fact that he had to come to terms with flawed characters amongst his former friends and family. In The Lost Ones he has, more or less, settled down and is now a full-time lawman, which cramps his style - but not too much I'm pleased to say. If a series emerges I fear that my interest will wane, because Ace Atkins is no James Lee Burke and the locale limitations may inhibit plot diversity.

EiioX 6 Inch Ceramic Knife for Kitchen Cook With Plastic Sheath- Black Blade Black Handle

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful kitchen tool, 4 Nov 2013
Looks snazzy; nice to handle; efficient in operation. Appreciated the informative do's and don'ts on the packaging and the confirmation that although the ceramic is harder than steel it is very brittle and can shatter if the knife is dropped on a hard surface. Also, I know from past experience with other ceramic knives that the sharp edge is prone to chipping, although it is possible to re-sharpen them with an appropriate knife sharpener. A good value product.

Pure ChargePAK C6L Rechargeable Battery Pack
Pure ChargePAK C6L Rechargeable Battery Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars What price mobility., 31 Oct 2013
When I purchased a Pure One digital radio some years back I was put off buying a battery pack on the grounds of cost. However, circumstances have forced me to reconsider and I decided to order one. In the event I'm very glad I waited because the latest version has been upgraded to Li Ion, which provides much better performance. After the initial charge I've been using the radio for a couple of weeks - albeit 15mins here and there - and the battery symbol still shows 'full' - which is difficult to accept in view of the known hunger for power on the part of digital radios. However, I'm not complaining! Conclusion - If you want radio mobility without sacrificing performance it's worth accepting the extra financial outlay at the time of purchase and get a battery pack, and have done with it. You wont regret it.

The Worst Week Of My Life : Complete BBC Collection [DVD]
The Worst Week Of My Life : Complete BBC Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars This complete collection should be sold with a health warning!, 31 Oct 2013
I have never laughed so much in many a long year. There was no respite and I started to feel light-headed, so I had to put the DVD player on pause at frequent intervals, to recover some measure of equilibrium. This is British humour at its very best, presented by a brilliant ensemble of comedic talent. You have to be genially broad minded to enjoy the fun, but I can't think of any entertainment that would do a better job of livening up a 'flagging' Xmas day. This complete collection is outstanding value for money and can be re-visited on many future occasions without loss of enjoyment.

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Wind Up 60 Minute Timer
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Wind Up 60 Minute Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars Clockwork c**p!, 31 Oct 2013
Why did I think I could replace a 30 year old reliable clockwork SMITHS kitchen timer ( which had met its demise on a hard kitchen floor ) with a cheap modern equivalent? Short answer - I must have had a 'senior moment'! This timer had no substance to it and when it did work (three times I think) it had a fragile 'tick'. When it did give up the ghost, resuscitation was not possible or, indeed, desirable. Amazon's refund policy came up trumps (as usual) and I ordered a replacement (electronic) timer, which arrived the following morning. My best advice is avoid all clockwork kitchen timers and embrace the electronic revolution!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7