Profile for Gerry 'M' > Reviews

Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Not your average Sherlock!!, 15 Jun 2014
Action-packed, fast moving, atmospheric and funny. Robert Downey Jr makes an unusual Sherlock who does bare knuckle fighting for relaxation and profit. Makes a good fist of an English accent.

Panasonic DMR-HWT130EB Smart 500GB Recorder with Twin Freeview+ Tuners
Panasonic DMR-HWT130EB Smart 500GB Recorder with Twin Freeview+ Tuners
Price: 165.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality Panasonic Product, 8 May 2014
Recently, my 3 year old Humax Recorder in the bedroom suffered minor 'flooding' when it was nowhere near any source of water. I was literally spooked until I was advised by a TV engineer that rainwater had tracked down the co-axial aerial cable core by capillarity from a storm damaged section overlaying the roof. The Humax (a very good machine) was 'finished' and a suitable replacement, at a reasonable price, from the same manufacturer was not available. So, I checked the machines on offer from Amazon and purchased the abovementioned Panasonic recorder at, what has to be, a bargain price for the specification on offer. It joins my Panasonic 'smart TV' in the living room, which is hooked up to a new Panasonic HD HDD/DVD recorder, a five year old Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder and a Panasonic Blu-ray player. From this you might assume that I am a satisfied Panasonic customer. I don't want to tempt fate but I've never experienced problems with any of the aforementioned products and the 'Smart recorder' offers virtually the same facilities as the more expensive recorder downstairs, but minus the DVD archive ability and minus 500GB HD disk capacity. The operating system is familiar and the overall quality/ease of use is what I have some to expect from Panasonic. Buy with confidence!

Hycosan Eye Moisturiser 7.5 ml
Hycosan Eye Moisturiser 7.5 ml
Offered by Matheson Optometrists
Price: 9.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective (and presrvative free!), 8 May 2014
These eye drops were recently recommended in a National Newspaper medical column and (surprise, surprise) I could buy them from Amazon. I wish I'd discovered them years ago as I suffer from dry eyes and I couldn't find a suitable product - until now. These eye drops are very effective and come in an extremely convenient measured dose dispenser - BUT - PLEASE REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE CAP BEFORE EACH USAGE (as I have forgotten to do a few times....!)

Bosmere G326 Premier Rotary Line Cover
Bosmere G326 Premier Rotary Line Cover
Price: 11.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality product, 8 May 2014
I've lost count of the number of washing line covers purchased over the years - all of them cheap (but not so cheerful!). A few windy days and they invariably disintegrate - so I thought it was time to go up market and buy something that will last. This cover is the best I've ever had. A strong, tightly woven material, with a robust zip. It also looks good!

Countdown Timer - Minutes and Seconds
Countdown Timer - Minutes and Seconds
Offered by Winware
Price: 7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and efficient, 13 Dec 2013
I bought one of these after a disastrous experience with a rubbish clockwork timer which lasted about three days. This timer is simplicity itself and cannot be faulted in any way. Reliable and functional are two words that come to mind. What more can one ask?

Good Ideas Best Selling Electric 12 Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Percolator 1.8L Coffeemaker (1246) Makes delicious, perfectly brewed coffee anytime.
Offered by Good Ideas
Price: 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This coffee maker ticks all the boxes., 13 Dec 2013
This percolator looks good, is easy to handle, is very functional and convenient. Its also easy to keep clean and MOST IMPORTANT it makes excellent coffee which is kept HOT. The only downside is the availability of suitable (coarser ground) coffee, which has been solved by purchasing coffee beans and grinding them myself, as required, in a coffee grinder that has languished unused in the back of a kitchen cupboard for at least 8 years....! Also, I'm sure the price cannot be bettered.

Royal Commander Chair (Black)
Royal Commander Chair (Black)
Offered by Motorhome Accessories Ltd
Price: 43.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Rugged comfort, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Royal Commander Chair (Black)
This chair was purchased to provide temporary portable comfort in the home and in this regard it does an excellent job. A minor criticism is its weight and the initial difficulty I experienced in unfolding and refolding it. In the latter regard I accept that my own stupidity was a significant factor! The chair is fantastic value for money and was delivered promptly. The bomb-proof packaging was a sight to behold and nearly defeated me......!! My only excuse is that age does not come alone.........

Kitchen Craft Mechanical two Hour Timer
Kitchen Craft Mechanical two Hour Timer
Offered by Palmer Riley Distribution Ltd
Price: 6.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless time graduations, 4 Nov 2013
I should have taken more care when ordering this item. A 2 hour timer sounded good but when delivered I realised that due to the limitations of the design there were no 5 minute graduations, so its usefulness was compromised. I then ordered the 60 minute version, which was another bad move, because it only worked three or four times then gave up the ghost. You get what you pay for and the clockwork mechanism in a cheap timer like this wont be in the same league as the SMITHS clockwork timer I owned for over 20 years before I dropped it on a hard kitchen floor! I've learned my lesson and now rely only on simple, straight-forward electronic timers. ( P.S) Amazon's return / refund system is still the best I've encountered in on-line shopping!!

The Lost Ones
The Lost Ones
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars A good ole read., 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Lost Ones (Kindle Edition)
It was good to revisit the boondocks and reacquaint myself with most of the characters first introduced in 'The Ranger'. I enjoyed the latter book more; perhaps because the main character was 'new' and untested in the new 'home' environment he found himself in, and the fact that he had to come to terms with flawed characters amongst his former friends and family. In The Lost Ones he has, more or less, settled down and is now a full-time lawman, which cramps his style - but not too much I'm pleased to say. If a series emerges I fear that my interest will wane, because Ace Atkins is no James Lee Burke and the locale limitations may inhibit plot diversity.

EiioX 6 Inch Ceramic Knife for Kitchen Cook With Plastic Sheath- Black Blade Black Handle
Offered by VeeCome(UK)
Price: 11.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful kitchen tool, 4 Nov 2013
Looks snazzy; nice to handle; efficient in operation. Appreciated the informative do's and don'ts on the packaging and the confirmation that although the ceramic is harder than steel it is very brittle and can shatter if the knife is dropped on a hard surface. Also, I know from past experience with other ceramic knives that the sharp edge is prone to chipping, although it is possible to re-sharpen them with an appropriate knife sharpener. A good value product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5