Profile for Ai-Lin > Reviews

Content by Ai-Lin

Ai-Lin

Personalised Hedgehog Mug (A GoPersonalised Design)
Personalised Hedgehog Mug (A GoPersonalised Design)
Offered by gadgetepoint

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift, 30 Oct. 2013
Bought this as a farewell gift for a colleague and it arrived very promptly. Looks good and I am sure he will love it.

Wild Flowers (Collins Gem)
Wild Flowers (Collins Gem)
by Martin Walters

3.0 out of 5 stars Great size to carry around, 25 Oct. 2013
It's a lovely size to fit into ruck sack or pocket. Pictures are not bad. It's a little difficult to use as it categorises flowers into 'families' and being a complete beginner I find that quite a challenge.

The Greek Myths: Stories of the Greek Gods and Heroes Vividly Retold
The Greek Myths: Stories of the Greek Gods and Heroes Vividly Retold
by Robin Waterfield

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 25 Oct. 2013
I bought this book to learn about Greek mythology and wanted a book that is easy to read. This book does so so well. Wonderful storytelling.

The Malay Archipelago
The Malay Archipelago
by Alfred Russell Wallace

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to return this copy, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Malay Archipelago (Paperback)
I received this a few days ago and I had to return it and hopefully, it will be picked up tomorrow. There are typesetting errors where sentences just run into each other or just ends in mid-sentence. There are spelling mistakes and one of the pages has a whole missing bit. So I am disappointed as judging by the few paragraphs I read through and before deciding that it was best to return it, it would have been a great book to read.

Kings & Queens: The Concise Guide
Kings & Queens: The Concise Guide
by Richard Cavendish
Edition: Flexibound

3.0 out of 5 stars A great reference!, 8 Jun. 2013
Bought this to help me understand more of the British Monarchy and I find that it is a great reference guide. Easy to understand and highlights key points.

Silva Field Compass
Silva Field Compass

3.0 out of 5 stars Value for money and great for basic navigation., 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Silva Field Compass (Sports)
Bought this for a Bronze navigation course and it serve its purpose. However, I would probably opt for a compass with a longer rule for more advance navigation.

Running with the Pack: Thoughts from the Road on Meaning and Mortality
Running with the Pack: Thoughts from the Road on Meaning and Mortality
by Mark Rowlands

4.0 out of 5 stars A runner's introspection, 18 May 2013
I enjoyed the book as it made me think about why I run. Quite interesting how Rowlands look at philosophical thoughts apply to why we run and the experience a runner goes through at different moment in time.

New Balance Women's W580SB2 Silver/Blue Trainer 4 UK, 36.5 EU, 6 US B
New Balance Women's W580SB2 Silver/Blue Trainer 4 UK, 36.5 EU, 6 US B

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, light & value for money, 1 Dec. 2012
I have had a few pairs of running trainers and I really like this one. It is light and very comfortable. I run regularly and it feels great. A good buy and good pair for road running and I have used it for short distances ( 3 - 5 miles) and longer ones approx 10 miles, no problems at all.

CBA Digital 250Gb 2.5 inch Portable Hard Drive including One Touch Software. These units are assembled, supplied and supported in the UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 1 Dec. 2012
I bought this recently to back up all my files and it is really easy to use. Plug and play. Good size and comes with a black case. Value for money.

Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Grey/Pink (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Forerunner 110, 7 Mar. 2011
I started running a few months back and decided to purchase a watch that has HRM, tracks distance and pace but I wasn't prepared to spend a fortune. Garmin Forerunner 110 is excellent. It has all the features I required and for a GPS watch, it really is a fantastic buy. Very easy to use but you just have to make sure you have GPS signal before you start your run. I wear it now all the time. I have very tiny hands and wrists but, it fits fine. It has the ability to download and keep a log of your runs and activities - including maps, elevation, calories burnt etc. Would recommend this to anyone considering a HRM/running watch.