Profile for K. Langtree > Reviews

Content by K. Langtree

K. Langtree "awkward annie" (York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Graded Harmony Question and Exercises
Graded Harmony Question and Exercises
by Thomas Keighley
Edition: Sheet music

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered, 15 April 2014
I thought this was book 1 in this series but it turned out to be book 5. When I rang the seller to tell him this he said it was advertised as book 5 but it doesn't appear to be here. He said he didn't have book 1 and that it wouldn't be worth the postage of me returning it. So it appears I am stuck with something I didn't want. Not impressed.

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN (HOLY ISLAND TRILOGY)
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN (HOLY ISLAND TRILOGY)
Price: 3.29

4.0 out of 5 stars The third in the trilogy, 5 Jan 2014
I read these books because I love Holy Island and I'm privileged to know the author. I enjoyed this trilogy. The main characters made me care about them. The story was gripping (particularly in books one and two more so than this one). It is hard hitting and really makes you think about modern day slave trading ie human trafficking. The language is also hard hitting which for me personally I found difficult at times. Definitely worth reading this trilogy if you love crime.

The Light Between Oceans
The Light Between Oceans
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - one of hte best books I read in 2013, 5 Jan 2014
I read this book whilst on holiday. It kept me riveted and I didn't want it to end and couldn't put it down. A story of love,moral dilemma, heart ache, loyalty - all sorts of things that are part of being human. The storyline is strong if a little predictable at times, but there are some good twists. The characters are well built and you care about them, which is always a good sign. I will look out for more by this author.

God's Road Map for Moms
God's Road Map for Moms
by David Bordon

5.0 out of 5 stars A great devotional book, 5 Jan 2014
This is a lovely little book of thoughts and scripture. Very thought provoking and ideal for special times with God. Don't let the American title put you off. It is a little gem.

The Complete Little Women Series (Little Women, Good Wives, Little Men, Jo's Boys)
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful classic, 5 Jan 2014
If you've never read this it's worth it if you like the classics. It' of it's era - Victorian values but with a touch of feminism in it's best sense. Warm hearted characters. Not a lot of drama (although there is some) but just a portrait of a family's life during the American civil war.

If You Wait
If You Wait
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of 2013 for me, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
This is an awesome album. Beautiful moving evocative. Have bought tickets to go see them in Feb. Bought the album on the strength of one song - 'Strong.' However every single song on the album is amazing. My favourites are 'Shyer' and 'Sights.' Get this album. I can't think who to compare it to. Maybe if you like the XX, Massive attack ... but it is unique. Just get it.

Owl Babies
Owl Babies
by Martin Waddell
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Who could not love this book?, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Owl Babies (Paperback)
What can I say? A classic, tear jerking, heart warming book that everyone should read to their toddler. However, I bought it for my friend (aged 44) . I think she will love it too.

Coexist
Coexist
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Coexist (Audio CD)
Bought this for my hubbie but have listened to it myself a lot. really good, ambient, great vocals and rhythms.

Confessions
Confessions
Price: 6.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but not as good as hearing them on the radio, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Confessions (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed dipping into this book and it has made me smile but not laugh out loud. A great little pick me up though when you need a giggle or a few moments of light relief. I prefer the banter you get listening to the confessions on the radio show though. They do make me laugh out loud.

The Best Christmas Piano Duet Book Ever Pfduet
The Best Christmas Piano Duet Book Ever Pfduet
by Various
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Christmas, 5 Jan 2014
I'm a piano teacher and have used this book with various pupils over Christmas. I'd say it has things suitable from grade 1 standard and up. Even my more advanced pupils at grades 4 and 5 really enjoyed being able to sight read a lot of the duets and play them well from the outset. We all had fun playing together. This book has brought much fun and merriment leading up to Christmas, whilst still developing skills of sight reading, timing and playing with another person.
The only one I wasn't keen on that we tried was 'O come all ye faithful.'

Page: 1 | 2