Profile for Claire Butcher > Reviews

Wool Overs Women's Cashmere & Cotton V Neck Slipover Jumper Alpine Blue Medium
Offered by Wool Overs Ltd
Price: 22.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value, good quality, but enormous., 17 Mar 2014
These are men's sizes. I should have listened to a couple of the other reviewers! I ordered medium hoping they'd be a roomy size 12 and they are more like size 16/18. I am returning them for XS in the hope that they will fit. Not sure what you do if you're a usual size 10 or less. Pity because they are very good otherwise.

NEW DOG BALL LAUNCHER / THROWER -RUBBER TENNIS BALL - LIGHT WEIGHT - DURABLE - EASILY BALL THROW FOR LONG DISTANCE - LONG HANDLE - GREAT FUN FOR DOG AND PET - IDEAL FOR CAMPING, RUNNING, WALKING, FUN, EXERCISE ETC
Offered by Fusion Online
Price: 1.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Launcher fine, ball not dog proof!, 14 Oct 2013
I bought this to get the launcher which works very well even though it's shorter than I was expecting. The ball cracked open on first use.

Merrell Womens Mimosa Clove Black Sandals
Merrell Womens Mimosa Clove Black Sandals

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Merrell shoes, 22 July 2013
I have lots of trainer type shoes from Merrell and they are always comfortable and stylish. This time I decided to risk buying a pair of sandals without trying them on. These feel particularly good underneath your feet as the sole is soft and supportive. Even the thong between the toe is comfortable, although takes a bit of getting used to if you're not a flip flop wearer. They also look good and work well with a skirt. Perfect for hot weather!

CAMPER Right Nina 21595-012 Womens Ballet pumps
CAMPER Right Nina 21595-012 Womens Ballet pumps

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and stylish, 22 July 2013
This is the 3rd pair I've had like this as Camper seem to launch a new colour scheme on a regular basis - so I've got a scarlet suede pair (also currently on amazon), a navy leather pair with a pink band and a friend has white leather ones with a green band. There are comfortable even in hot weather although might take a little bit of wearing in. It's possible to wear them riding a bike with no fear of them falling off, unlike most ballet pumps. I would heartily recommend them!

Spotted Chunky Padded Seat Cushion Cream with Beige Spots in Cath Kidston Vintage Style Look
Offered by Maple Textiles.
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the photo, 15 Jun 2012
The picture is very misleading as the cushions really are cream with beige spots and look fabulous. They're also very plump and comfortable!

Trixie Beige With Brown Cushy Cave Cat Bed
Trixie Beige With Brown Cushy Cave Cat Bed
Offered by Pet Connection
Price: 21.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for every cat!, 11 Feb 2010
I have had this for a week now and neither of my cats will use it. It's so enclosed that they just aren't keen, even though I've sprayed it with catnip and put it next to the radiator. Don't buy this unless your cats have previously shown an inclination to climb into small, hidden spaces. If they have then they're in for some joy - it looks so cosy in there that I wish I was small enough to snuggle in myself!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2010 11:32 PM GMT

TomTom ONE v4 Satellite Navigation System with Great Britain Mapping
TomTom ONE v4 Satellite Navigation System with Great Britain Mapping

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for first timers, 23 Jun 2008
My first SatNav and I was a little sceptical but am delighted by its sheer simplicity and the neatness of the device. It fits snugly into my drinks holder so I don't have to stick it anywhere and 'Jane's' instructions are easy to follow. It did leave me stranded at one T-Junction but apart from that, perfection. The software is only slightly complicated to install if you have proxy servers at work and have to change your connection options, but once you've got through this you're up and running. Altogether a successful purchase based on one weekend's use!

State Of Grace
State Of Grace
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Joyful harmonies, 17 Aug 2007
This review is from: State Of Grace (Audio CD)
I had never come across this group until I was on a transatlantic flight and heard one of their tracks on the Delta Air Lines radio station. It was so uplifting that I ordered the CD immediately on my return. I wasn't disappointed! The whole album is a joy - in turn making you want to get up and dance or start sobbing with emotion. These guys are real pros and their musicianship and vocal skills are superb. Many of the tracks are covers, but are much better than the originals, particularly 'I want you to want me' and even 'If I had a boat'. I am thrilled to discover that they've made so many albums and I'm looking forward to getting into their back catalogue!

Drawn to All Things: Songs of Joni Mitchell [Sacd/CD Hybrid]
Drawn to All Things: Songs of Joni Mitchell [Sacd/CD Hybrid]
Price: 15.02

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope Joni has heard this album, 4 Jan 2007
I am usually disappointed by covers of original songs and never thought anyone could better Joni's own versions but Ian has triumphed on this album. 'A case of you' is one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard.

100 Walks in Norfolk
100 Walks in Norfolk
by Richard Sale
Price: 8.82

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 Walks in Norfolk, 16 Aug 2005
This review is from: 100 Walks in Norfolk (Paperback)
I've done around 20 walks from this book now and have found all except one to be delightful, each one usually taking in several aspects of the county in one single walk including sea, marsh, farmland tracks, historic villages and famous landmarks and churches. All are circular and give helpful suggestions on where to park and where you can get refreshments. The only criticism would be that the walks have obviously been compiled by more than one person and one of the writers is less clear with instructions. If you're on one of his/her walks you're likely to go wrong once or twice, but nothing that a bit of common sense cannot correct.