Profile for acb > Reviews

Content by acb

acb "alibali" (Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Mosi-Guard Natural Insect Repellent Cream 100ml
Mosi-Guard Natural Insect Repellent Cream 100ml
Offered by VITAMINS EUROPE

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovered in Africa and works., 17 Jun 2014
We discovered this on a safari trip as our guide said that it was the only thing that kept the Tsetse flies away. I'm not sure if this is the case (I wasn't that bothered by them but my boyfriend really was so I think it's more to do with skin type and pheromones...!) but it is the nicest mosi repellent I've used - absorbs easily and I used it in place of a post-sun moisturiser on a recent trip to the Caribbean.

Think Like a Freak: How to Think Smarter about Almost Everything
Think Like a Freak: How to Think Smarter about Almost Everything

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concepts but very repetitive, 17 Jun 2014
As with previous "freak" books, the concepts are interesting and prompt you to think again about the issues that are raised things. However, the authors really labour the point and most chapters could have been condensed considerably which would have helped the flow and pace. By the end of it, I was done.

Vanish Extra Hygiene Powder 940 g
Vanish Extra Hygiene Powder 940 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Never give up..., 2 Mar 2014
I was about to throw out 2 large white linen tablecloths and 12 matching napkins which had huge and stubborn 10 year old red wine stains (messy New Year's Eve) when I thought I'd just have one last attempt at getting rid of the marks. Soaked in this stuff for a few hours - good as new. I tried everything I could think of at the time to remove the stains and they've been stored in a cupboard since (well, 3 cupboards as they've also moved houses 3 times). Now back in active use thanks to Vanish.

The Angels' Share
The Angels' Share
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A completely unbiased review from an exiled Scot, 2 Mar 2014
If you love Scotland, whisky or just (mainly) light-hearted comedy with amazing scenery, this is for you. It's like train spotting for nice people.

The Shock of the Fall
The Shock of the Fall

3.0 out of 5 stars Clearly well written but very, very sad, 25 Feb 2014
I think the title says it all - the story is well constructed and very well written and so it flows well to create a compelling read. However, the subject matter (mental illness and its wider effect on a family) is heartbreaking. Not one to read if you're already down in the dumps - although it may make you reflect on your relative blessings.

In Office Hours
In Office Hours

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but no martin lukes, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: In Office Hours (Kindle Edition)
A bit predictable but the characters are somehow also not credible. Joanna trollope-esque - a thin plot line padded out with a lot of over-the-top emoting.

All She Wants
All She Wants

2.0 out of 5 stars Style over substance, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: All She Wants (Kindle Edition)
A lot seemed to be made in the reviews of Jonathan Harvey's ability to write with a femail voice; I disagree. Much of the dialogue is rambling and not much really happens in the plot. Some of the themes are serious and the author struggled to set the right tone - It's the same throughout whether the character is sending herself up or dealing with life-changing tragedy and I think it is this that makes it quite a tedious read as the highs and lows of the story do not register.

12 LED Headlamp Headlight
12 LED Headlamp Headlight
Offered by best deal 4 u

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy to have, 16 Aug 2013
I used this on a recent trip to Africa and it did the job (there was usually no light switch under the mosquito net!) To be honest, i never actually donned it as a head torch but it's a handy sized hand-held torch. The on off switch is not immediately intuitive (pressing the centre button on one side toggles through 3 levels of brightness and a flashing sequence and a final press switches it off).

Ten Days in Brazzaville
Ten Days in Brazzaville

1.0 out of 5 stars Overly detailed prose bogs down anything like a story line, 16 Aug 2013
Dull - gave up a few chapters in as the author diverts into long deceptive passages which are very dated (I started to read this when I was in Brazzaville and couldn't relate).

Apple MD822ZM/A - LIGHTNING TO SD CARD CAMERA - READER
Apple MD822ZM/A - LIGHTNING TO SD CARD CAMERA - READER
Offered by atvparthubs

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use and quick to transfer photos, 16 Aug 2013
Having been frustrated by a few iOS updates with my iPad, I was somewhat sceptical that this would work first time but it really worked like a dream. I have a Nikon D7000 and I transferred both jpeg and raw files to my iPad 4. Similarly worked perfectly with photos taken with Panasonic lumix TZ35. Love it.

Page: 1 | 2