Profile for Carl Meehan > Reviews

Content by Carl Meehan

Carl Meehan (Coventry, UK)

LG 50PH660V 50-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD 3D Smart Plasma TV with Freeview HD/600Hz (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 21 Oct 2013
Purchased this TV last month and haven't stopped watching it! Truly brilliant picture and functions.

I mostly use it for Netflix; there is an app on the main menu for Netflix, where you can select which film you want to see, or search via actor name or scroll the archive. Easy to navigate through via the LG remote control.

YouTube is also a brilliant feature on the screen as you can sync it to your mobile phone (in my case the iphone) and play music videos/tv programs via the mobile and sync it to the screen (all through Wi-Fi - so it's WIRELESS). Without syncing it to your phone, navigating through the remote control is very annoying and time consuming, so connecting to mobile feature is a blessing.

I don't often rate 5 stars, but this product definitely warrants it!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted one day!, 21 Oct 2013
As the title states; it lasted just one day!

I searched amazon for a charger wire officially from Apple, but with no luck. So I decided to go ahead with this cheap alternative. It lasted for one day before failing to charge. The wires also came out of the connector that goes into the iphone - I pulled it out with as little force as I have my previous (official) chargers, except this cheap cack came apart.

It seems as though all the iphone chargers on amazon have all received poor reviews for the quality. I wouldn't mind paying £15 for a decent one, but they're all cheap and the quality reflects that! I went into town and purchased a better quality one from a phone store for £17 (with a guarantee). I would suggest you folk do the same!

**DO NOT BUY!!!**

Born This Way (Deluxe Edition)
Born This Way (Deluxe Edition)
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 16 May 2013
Gaga proves why she's at the top of her game with this brilliant follow up album to The Fame Monster!

There isn't a single track I dislike... if you buy this you won't be dispointed!

Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light 2 x 1/2 Watt
Smart Lunar R2 Rear Light 2 x 1/2 Watt
Offered by Richasy Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 7 Jun 2012
Arrived quickly and it's a powerful bright light (exactly what I wanted) as I'll be riding on the roads at night

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! Expansion Pack (PC CD)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! Expansion Pack (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 19 Nov 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Just when I thought Roller Coaster Tycoon couldn't get any better they introduced 'Soaked'. Absolutely amazing gameplay, amazing new features and rides, amazing graphics... overall an amazing game!

You won't be disapointed with this game - GUARANTEED!

Back To Basics
Back To Basics
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC ALBUM AND VERY UNDER-RATED!!!, 6 Sep 2007
This review is from: Back To Basics (Audio CD)
Once again Christina has pulled off another great album. Unlike most, she takes her time during the creation of the album and doesn't just release any old tripe.

Granted, it's not as good as 'Stripped' but I much preferred that era. But this album is worth EVERY penny. Amazing album, amazing songs and amazing vocals.

Very under-rated as far as reviews go, but the fan response has been brilliant... and I guess that's what matters!

Hotel Giant (PC CD)
Hotel Giant (PC CD)
Offered by Rummaged

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT TYCOON GAME!, 12 Aug 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hotel Giant (PC CD) (Video Game)
I have owned this game for about 3 years and I 'still' fancy playing it!

By the looks of some previous reviews made on Amazon regarding this game, it looks as if it's a hit or miss with some people. But they seem to only be people who have been having techinical problems.

As all gamers would say about some of the biggest games around... "They could have done more". But I would even agree with that with the likes of The Sims.

I would recommend this game to anyone who loves designing and managing in their games. As it's an old game you can pick it up for less than £3 (barely a big pricetag).