Profile for Mrs. Y. Kennedy > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Y. Kennedy

Mrs. Y. Kennedy "Nuttier than your average fruit cake with a head full of useless information." (Cardiff, Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A View Over The Drop Fence: A satirical view of Fence Judging
A View Over The Drop Fence: A satirical view of Fence Judging
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read for the initiated and uninitiated!, 8 Mar 2014
A lovely informative read with plenty of humour. I know nothing about the art of Fence Judging but I love watching eventing and show jumping from the comfort of my reclining sofa. In future I will watch with more informed eyes and empathise with those poor souls with whistles and clipboards as I sip my latte and eat my cake! I very much look forward to more insights from this witty author.

The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Reading, 28 Feb 2014
I got this through a deal on Amazon and I have to say it was an absolute find! It was funny, well written and I very much look forward to more from this author and if I were to be so bold, more adventures from Lance, Jonathan and Jane.

Sign of the Times
Sign of the Times
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sign of the Times (Kindle Edition)
In the first chapter I fell in lust with the gorgeous Dario and the evocative feelings of Italy. This book is a delight and left me wanting more, I need a sequel I want to see all of these people again. Susan Buchanan is a very talented writer and I am off to download The Dating Game whilst hoping she is busy tapping away on another excellent book.Sign of the Times

48 Hours: A City of London Thriller
48 Hours: A City of London Thriller
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away, 23 Oct 2013
I got this as a free book and after devouring it in two sittings (apparently sleep was called for in between!) I would happily have paid good money for it. It was wonderfully written and very cleverly plotted. Please read, you wont be disappointed.

I Am With You
I Am With You
by John Woolley
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 17 July 2013
This review is from: I Am With You (Paperback)
This is a gem of a book and its never too far from me. Whenever I have a decision to make or a difficult situation I am worried about I say a little prayer and randomly open the book and it works every time. Try it and see, a friend of mine refers to it as 'his telephone to God' - he is absolutely right!

The Apartment in Rome
The Apartment in Rome
Price: 1.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, disappointing end, 17 July 2013
Loved reading this book but was very bemused by the end. I actually thought there was more to come but it ended so abruptly it took the shine off the rest of what was a very good story

What Would Satan Do?
What Would Satan Do?
Price: 2.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfulfilled Potential, 17 July 2013
This book certainly seemed like it had legs but the plot wandered off all over the place and was very disappointing. Would need a major rewrite to make it appealing

What Would Judy Say?: A Grown-Up Guide to Living Together with Benefits
What Would Judy Say?: A Grown-Up Guide to Living Together with Benefits
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Judy kicks butt again!, 17 July 2013
Another Judy special and required reading for all those contemplating moving in with drop kicks! This should be given to all high school children.

Lipstick and Lies
Lipstick and Lies
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me up till 3am!, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Lipstick and Lies (Kindle Edition)
Really pacy, funny story which I mistakenly started to read when I went to bed and ended up doing the 'just one more chapter' routine. Amazed that it was a free book, I would happily have paid for it and will now look by more from this Author!

Highly recommended!

THE GRAVECLOTH OF CHRIST (The Borgia Frauds Book 1)
THE GRAVECLOTH OF CHRIST (The Borgia Frauds Book 1)
Price: 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 29 April 2013
Excellent book, loved the Borgia/Da Vinci twists and turns - good story that makes you wonder if there isn't a grain or two of truth in it. More like this please!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3