Profile for Ms. M. C. Toms > Reviews

Content by Ms. M. C. Toms

Ms. M. C. Toms "Mel" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Original Stomp Rocket
Original Stomp Rocket
Offered by Gadget Grotto

4.0 out of 5 stars The bouncy castle was forgotten when this toy was opened, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: Original Stomp Rocket (Toy)
I gave this as a gift to a 7-year-old boy, and it was an instant hit with him and all his mates. Eventually all the rockets ended up on the roof, and we had to stop every now and then to put the stand back together (which only took a minute), but it was extremely popular and very easy to assemble.

Save Our Sleep: Helping your baby to sleep through the night, from birth to two years
by Tizzie Hall

5.0 out of 5 stars Put down the other baby books - this is The One, 23 Jun 2011
Our daughter was "colicky" every night as a newborn for the first six weeks, screaming uncontrollably from 6pm onwards, and we could not placate her. After 2 nights of her being on the routine in this book the colic magically disappeared and she was sleeping through the night. I'd read a few other books like "The Baby Whisperer", but nothing told me EXACTLY WHAT TO DO like this book did. It lists specific routines to put your baby on which was a huge relief to me - everybody kept asking me "is she on a routine yet?", and I couldn't figure out what routine I was supposed to do, and hoped that somebody would finally TELL me what the magical routine was!! Well, Tizzie Hall finally did. Our daughter isn't the most mellow of kids, but Tizzie's routines ensures she's a happy, smiley, polite, well-rested, well-fed, healthy little girl. She's not fussy with her food, and she sleeps from 7pm-7am. Forget the other books.

TrendyKid Shampoo Rinse Cup
TrendyKid Shampoo Rinse Cup

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved our bath time dilemmas, 23 Jun 2011
My baby HATED bath time because she didn't like water getting into her eyes. As soon as we got this product the situation completely turned around. We have a little "Ready, steady, GO!" saying as we're rinsing her hair now, and she knows what's coming and now says it with us. I thoroughly recommend this product.

Philips AVENT SCF714/00 Baby Fork - Knife and Spoon Set
Philips AVENT SCF714/00 Baby Fork - Knife and Spoon Set

5.0 out of 5 stars This was her favourite christmas present, 9 Jun 2011
My daughter received a talking doll for Christmas, as well as this cutlery, and she ignored the doll completely. These are a sturdy, good quality product, suitable for a toddler learning to use cutlery.

Wild Animal Finger Puppet
Wild Animal Finger Puppet
Offered by KarensSpielewelt

3.0 out of 5 stars Variety of animals, fits big fingers more than little fingers, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wild Animal Finger Puppet (Toy)
My toddler isn't really interested in these, but I think that's just her personal taste rather than the quality of this product. There are a large variety of animals in the collection, which is impressive, and they're very good quality. They fit onto my fingers easily enough, but they fall off her little fingers.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable - would be better if you could adjust the straps, 9 Jun 2011
I had a pair of Gisele Bundchen sandals previously which were extremely comfortable and very pretty - a very rare combination in sandals these days! Most sandals simply have a flat, hard, "cardboard" sole, but these have a lovely soft rubber sole. After my third summer of regular wear of my old Ipanemas I figured it was time for a new pair. The rubber sole is very good quality (even better than the old pair) and they're really comfortable, but sometimes the strap at the back falls down my heel. My old pair had a small pretty buckle so I could adjust it to what I wanted, and then I never had to touch them again (they easily slid off and on my foot without me having to undo them), but these do not have a buckle. A friend has also commented that they might look nicer with an extra sparkle of one or two stick-on gems, which I think I might actually do to give them a bit extra. I will always be loyal to this brand because they are so extremely comfortable and pretty, but next time will go for a sandal with a buckle so I can adjust it.

Toddler Runner Back Pack Harness & Reins (Happyface Ladybird with eye, feeler & smile design)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, sturdy, does the job, 9 Jun 2011
We don't use this very much, but when our toddler went through a phase of not wanting to hold our hands willingly, we tried this. She quite proudly wears it like a little show-off! And it looks really cute on her. When she was 20 months she wore it in Marrakech as we walked through the maze of souks with all their treasures, which was really effective for keeping her nearby.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple bath toy, 9 Jun 2011
These boats have magnets in the end which means you can play with them separately or join them together, or "moor" them to the edge of the tub. My 2-year-old daughter is more interested in pretending to swim, sucking on the washer, and splashing water at this stage so they might be more suitable for a boy? However they are bright and colourful, and unlike some bath toys, are solid so they - importantly - don't get water inside of them, which eventually goes yucky if unnoticed and not squirted out. I originally bought these to distract her as she wasn't a huge fan of baths, but the "Shampoo Rinse Cup" completely solved all my bathtime woes, as it stops shampoo and water getting into my toddler's eyes when we rinse her hair, and that was her main problem.

Tulip Fever
Tulip Fever
by Deborah Moggach

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly delightful, entertaining, and educational!, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: Tulip Fever (Paperback)
A funny read and a really good story, set in Amsterdam at the time that tulip bulbs were bought and sold like shares on the stock exchange. Really interesting, with a good story about affairs, arranged marriages, love, and greed, all told in an easy and whimsical read.

Izziwotnot ABC Safari Sleeping Bag, 1 Tog, 6 - 18 Months
Izziwotnot ABC Safari Sleeping Bag, 1 Tog, 6 - 18 Months

3.0 out of 5 stars Very long, nice and light-weight, good for undisturbed sleep, 9 Jun 2011
I bought this as a gift for a friend with twins, so am unsure how it's performing, but I was surprised at how very long it was! We have a couple of sleep suits for our own daughter which she grew out of when she turned one, but they were extremely useful for undisturbed sleeping. As most parents know, kids toss and turn and kick off their blankets, so having a sleep suit ensures they're always covered.

Page: 1 | 2