Profile for Ms. M. C. Toms > Reviews

Content by Ms. M. C. Toms

Ms. M. C. Toms "Mel" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
I Was So Mad (A little critter book)
I Was So Mad (A little critter book)
by Mercer Mayer

5.0 out of 5 stars A firm toddler favourite, 9 Jun. 2011
I bought this for my 1-and-a-half-year-old when she started developing a temper, as I thought it might teach her what she was feeling. Now she's been requesting I read it regularly for the past few months, I'm still not sure if it's created that awareness (she's still really learning to communicate in general) but she certainly loves it! I use an angry voice when the character says "I was so mad!", which she finds hilarious. Out of her big shelf of books at home, there's only a rare few she enjoys over and over again, and this is one of them.

Clear Dome umbrella. Black Border Fibreglass Frame
Clear Dome umbrella. Black Border Fibreglass Frame
Offered by Umbrellaworld UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, but the fastener came off very quickly, 9 Jun. 2011
I bought this umbrella because I live right on the Thames and it's really windy and usual umbrellas break in no time. This umbrella is really sturdy and has witheld fierce winds and snow! It's also handy that it's see through when I need to watch where I'm going in harsh conditions without getting wet. The only annoying thing was that the fastener fell off not long after the purchase, so I can't fold it up nice and neat anymore. I need to keep a rubber band around it when it's not being used.

Over The Door Hanger 10-Hook
Over The Door Hanger 10-Hook
Offered by WILSONS DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Holds LOADS of things!, 9 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Over The Door Hanger 10-Hook
We have this on the back of our bedroom door holding a multitude of handbags, scarves, and one or two coats, and we never seem to run out of hooks! Sturdy, large, and convenient.

Hangerworld Pack of 12 Black Space Saving Plastic Multi-Hang Coat Clothes Garment Hanger Hooks - 9.5cm x 2.5cm (3.7"x 1")
Offered by Hangerworld

3.0 out of 5 stars okay - does what it says, but I wanted more, 9 Jun. 2011
I wanted to create more space in my wardrobe so bought these. I find it kind of awkward to find things in my wardrobe if they were on the second or third "wrung" and so tend to hang my least-worn garments on the lower notches. And then they're awkward to untangle from the other garments hanging around it. If the other space saving device hadn't had such bad reviews then it would have been what I wanted - being able to hold up all the garments horizontally when I needed to get to them. But I'd say this is a simple cheap option if you want to keep some items together for travelling.

Playskool Mrs Potato Head
Playskool Mrs Potato Head
Offered by World Wide Shopping Mall Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars My toddler wants to play with this again and again - with help, 9 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Playskool Mrs Potato Head (Toy)
I bought this for my 1-and-a-half-year-old initially as a toy she could play with while travelling on flights. I don't actually think it's suitable for flights with all the different parts, as I imagine them getting dropped and lost under seats, etc. However we've now had it for 6 months and she is still constantly requesting I play it with her. This is another thing - it's a toy to play with together with an adult, as it can't be managed alone by a toddler. She'll try to put the parts together, but ultimately needs me to force bits into the correct hole. They're also quite tough to wriggle back out of the hole. She really enjoys tidying them away, as they all fit neatly inside the flap at the back. It's nice though to have a toy you can play with together, and learn the different names of the body parts.

Metal 1.5m Shower Hose
Metal 1.5m Shower Hose
Offered by BUDGET SHOP LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Metal 1.5m Shower Hose
Does what it says on the tin - a shower connection that we've had hooked up for over a year now with no problems so far.

Everyday Words in English (Everyday Words Flashcards) (Usborne Everyday Words)
Everyday Words in English (Everyday Words Flashcards) (Usborne Everyday Words)
by Felicity Brooks
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars My 17-month old requests we play this morn and night!, 15 Dec. 2010
I wanted to find an activity which allowed me to engage with my daughter a bit more, and be educational. When we get to the cards with the numbers on it she now - after playing this most days for a fortnight - looks at her fingers so she can count along. She also makes a "zzz" noise when she sees the bees, and does an action of a quaking duck when she sees the duck! So slowly we're progressing a little bit every day, and it's a real joy. The pictures are very clear and the words are logical everyday words. Most mornings and afternoons she will find the pack of cards and bring them to me, and then sit herself down ready for a flash card session, so I know it's something that she enjoys.

Musical Mobile Phone [Toy]
Musical Mobile Phone [Toy]

1.0 out of 5 stars Toy never arrived despite phoning and emailing, 15 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Musical Mobile Phone [Toy] (Toy)
I would love to have received this toy but firstly the seller packed the wrong item (some portable water containers), and then never sent the toy despite me phoning and emailing.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Book Thief (Paperback)
Tells the story of Hitler's reign over Germany from the perspective of non-Jewish people (mostly children) who do not support Hitler, but have no choice but to pretend they support him. While there are many books and films on this topic, this book isn't cliche and will surprise you. A delight to read, ironically.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Super handy, 9 Oct. 2009
Sometimes this is the only item I bring out with me when I'm going out with bub. It fits a few nappies, wipes, and a little bottle of sanitiser

Page: 1 | 2