Profile for L. Higgins > Reviews

Master it: How to cook today
Master it: How to cook today
by Rory O'Connell

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book full of information!, 6 Nov. 2013
I've had this beautiful book since August and I still feel that I have not read it properly. Each time I pick it up there is more to see, more to learn and of course more to cook. Magical recipes like Raspberry Alaska with Sparkling sauce are what defines Rory's style. He guides you through easy yet delicious recipes like Salad of oranges, dates and mint to slightly more complex dishes. Everything seems effortlessly achievable and is beautifully explained by the author. There is a fantastic introduction about shopping well, setting up your kitchen properly and all the essentials you will need. This book would make a wonderful gift for both the experienced and non experienced cook which is a rarity. I really do feel that this style of food is how we should eat today. I can't wait to finish reading all 550+ pages!

Babies [DVD]
Babies [DVD]
Dvd ~ Thomas Balmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Babies [DVD] (DVD)
This film is just amazing. It's so touching, funny, sad and entertaining. It's what life is all about. Really beautiful.

Effective Birth Preparation (Hospital or Birth Centre): Self Hypnosis (Natal Hypnotherapy Programme)
by Maggie Howell
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Oct. 2013
I loved this and used it for both of my natural births. I just played it whenever I was going for a rest and I've never actually listened to what it says but it surely had sunk into my subconcious. At best it will leave you confident, relaxed and prepared once those initial feelings of labour begin. At worst you will get a lovely CD to relax and unwind to which is so important for both mother and baby. A lovely CD to bond with baby and enjoy pregnancy. I have given it to many of my friends and they have all gained something from it.

Short and Sweet
Short and Sweet
by Dan Lepard

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Short and Sweet (Hardcover)
Such a fantastic baking bible. Dan has failesafe recipes form pretty much anything that you could imagine baking. Definitely one to buy the baker in your life.

The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach
by Rachel Khoo

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty book, 28 Oct. 2013
This book is very lovely with such pretty photgraphy from David Loftus. Rachel makes all of the food look so stylish and beautiful. I've had this book over a year now and just realised I've never cooked anything from it!

Jerusalem
Jerusalem
by Yotam Ottolenghi

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Jerusalem (Hardcover)
This book is so beautiful and such a resource, full of user friendly recipes, informative text and lovely photos. Definitely one to buy if you love Plenty and the Ottolenghi cookbook.

The Christmas Book
The Christmas Book
by Dick Bruna

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute!, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Christmas Book (Paperback)
I love all of Dick Bruna's designs and illustrations. I got this for my sister last Christmas and it's such a lovely little book.

The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
The Green Kitchen: Delicious and Healthy Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day
by David Frenkiel

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 28 Oct. 2013
I was given this as a present and it really is beautiful. Alot of the recipes are ones I'm familiar with already but I appreciate their twist and the style in which they present them. Their blog is beautiful and full of even more inspiring recipes and ideas. If they publish another book I will surely buy it.

Wonderworld Wooden Rainbow Sound Blocks
Wonderworld Wooden Rainbow Sound Blocks

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys I've ever bought!, 28 Oct. 2013
Quality is gorgeous and such a beautiful product. Even aesthetically I love leaving this on the windowsill for the sun to shine through the coloured blocks. Babies of all ages are able to play with this, taking apart the blocks, shaking them or stacking them. Lovely gentle noises from the beads etc. Really lovely.

Melissa & Doug Pound-A-Peg
Melissa & Doug Pound-A-Peg

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Quality, 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Pound-A-Peg (Toy)
I love all of the Melissa & Doug toys, guaranteed quality and lovely traditional products. This is a big hit.

Page: 1 | 2